Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[Merged] Drug Myths, Dodgy Theories and Misconceptions

^^^If *he* did, he would probably die.

also he may have heard stuff at raves

15 Year old Kandi Raver: "IM ON FIIIIIIIIIIVEEEEEEEEE PIIIILLLLLLLLLSSSSS"

Older Guy: "...you gunna die!"

I did say he was twelve...he is onlt a little boy who lives in the country and comes to his mums every couple of weeks. He has never experienced anything like a rave or nightclub.
It was funny because he was talking about anyone having 5 pills. Its not like he was some clued on child genius who doesn't believe everything their elders tell them, he is a very impressionable young kid who believes what he hears.

My favourite is the pills that are cut with what ever is popular at the time, herion, coke, 2CI,acid, the list is endless.

Oh and the one about how the drip down your throat is a good thing.

Missinformation is the type of stuff that looses the war on drugs for parents. Kids hear how evil drugs are when they are younger and then when they experiment they realise the things they were told may not neccesarily be true. Its a bit of a double edged sword for the drug educators becasue if they give a balanced argument, more kids would experiment (allbeit a lot safer).:\

drug myth #372: "When you try exckstacsy for the 1st time, even if you have just 1/4 of a pill, you have a 50% probability of dropping dead."

...needless to say, I dropped a 1/2 anyway and after 3 minutes was trying to throw the pill back up, because i was scared i would die =D LOL...this was at schoolies!!! I had been smoking bud for years, but was such an e n00b.

When i started peaking, my exact words were: "Yay, I'm not going to die!!! How could this ever go wrong?"

^^hahah!!

My current fave involves a 'Re-education video' they showed at work a few weeks ago as part of our monthly safety meeting (I work at a big industrial site so safety is a huge issue even if you are just an IT nerd!), this video - an ACA report on smoking of pot (So therefore packed with credibility and laden with grounded scientific 'facts' 8) ) was just pathetic - the best part was the bit where these 2 guys were saying 'Yeah they lace the weed with cocaine...'

and i'm there going - cocaine?? did he just say they lace one of the cheapest drugs ever with one of the most expensive? how stupid are these dealers?!?! who are these dealers???!?! =D

Problem is being the sort of environment where regular random tests are conducted trying to correct these 'facts' would possibly draw too much attention!!! grrrr... that whole report was so annoying and patronising and to think we were forced to watch it... :\

how the fuck do I find me one of these dealers who'll lace my pot with ANYTHING? :p

I'm fairly sure they are myths but have never had them confirmed:

* dealers spraying Mr Sheen/flyspray on weed to give that extra high. (Via an ex who became a cop for a while)
* People lacing weed with trips (varied sources) - i thought that the LSD molecule would be far too fragile to handle being heated.

anyone have any idea?

And leave out the Banana/peanut skins references fry-d-!!! ;)

^ Myths, though they've been myths for so long people are bound to believe and try them and swear it works because they got mad fucked up, yo.

BT :)

^ Thanks for that BT :) - I always thought these seemed a bit dodge but i never could find any evidence to refute them myself.

i have personally seen dealers spray lynx deodorant and raid onto weed. im not saying it happens all the time, its probably pretty rare but it does happen.

ozbreaker said:
the best part was the bit where these 2 guys were saying 'Yeah they lace the weed with cocaine...'
and i'm there going - cocaine?? did he just say they lace one of the cheapest drugs ever with one of the most expensive? how stupid are these dealers?!?! who are these dealers???!?! =D

haha! same similar thing hapened to me at school the other day. i was walking past a bunch of yr 8s or something and i hear this girl going

"ohMIgod! u know *sally* yeh well she like smoked like pot on the um like the weeked i mena, like who knows what they like put in that shit. i mean it could have had like cocaine or something in it. i mean she COULD have like DIED"

i dropped my folios and nearly wet my pants.

ozbreaker said:
^ Thanks for that BT :) - I always thought these seemed a bit dodge but i never could find any evidence to refute them myself.
No probs... there's probably a discussion of that in Cannabis Discussion forum - I didn't really give you any evidence, I just reckon that shit's bullshit.

BT ;)

drinky_mcbeer said:
i have personally seen dealers spray lynx deodorant and raid onto weed. im not saying it happens all the time, its probably pretty rare but it does happen.

I was thinking about what BT said today and wondered if the myth has created a culture that then turns it into reality making them do stuff like this as it'll 'make their gear heaps more potent and thus people will want it more and they can charge more for it... :\

drinky_mcbeer said:
yeh, i hear "my weed is laced with speed" all the time.

Mate of mine laces his weed with speed on occassions. Then he usually proceeds to fall asleep.... strange boy he is.