• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[Merged] Drug Myths, Dodgy Theories and Misconceptions

Threads Merged

At the cost of some continuity, I have merged three large 'drug myths' and 'user/dealer bullshit theories' threads together. Might as well make it easy to find them all.

BigTrancer :)

Having a dose of amphetamines (or caffeine) sobers you up and makes you a more competent driver :\

First cocaine I ever had was from one of those little 5g vials, which had accidentally been dropped at a pharmaceutical warehouse where a mate was working. It was during the late seventies, and cleanup was never supervised. He was normally such a well coordinated dude, but a complete butter-fingers at that job

If only things were that easy. The vials are plastic, which don't break to easily when dropped.
All dangerous drugs going in and out of any warehouse, distributor or pharmacy are carefully recorded and any discrepancies between what came in and what went out are investigated. It doesn't matter if "cleanup" isn't supervised. Everything has to be documented, signed for and scrutinized. I can only dream of getting away with the "whoops i dropped it and i'll just clean it into my pocket" excuse. I've seen how a pharmaceutical company works firsthand and this doesn't sound right at all, there are a lot more protocols to follow.

As for dodgey drug myths how's this one......

A guy in a club started telling me that he presses his own pills. He gets 21 grams of pure pharmaceutical cocaine from his dad who is a doctor and then gets 7g of pure MDMA powder (not from his dad, his dealer). He then mixes this up and presses pills (with his pill press I'm assuming).....He then goes around to raves and just hands them out to people because he can. Yeah right like any doctor can divert 21g of cocaine without being investigated.

I also love: "I know someone that imports pills and they give me singles for $20"
^^If this were actually true you'd have to be a retard to tell a complete stranger that you know someone that imports pills.

Why are people compulsive liars?

Last edited:
I've seen how a pharmaceutical company works firsthand and this doesn't sound right at all, there are a lot more protocols to follow.

Well it was NZ in the 70's. It was definitely glass, as we picked a couple of bits out of what was scraped up. I wouldn't suggest for one moment that any such thing would occur today. On the contrary, any company involved in any way with pharmaceutical products must keep very tight records. As for glass, yes clocker you are totally correct in saying pharm coke is in plastic vials these days.

In fact, there is no glass to be found in any pharmaceutical laboratories or production plants. Even the glass surrounds of a weighing balance must be replaced with perspex. In case of an accident involving breakages, it means no shards or fragments of glass can splinter off. Glass splinters are one of the hardest things to find, and it wouldn't be good to find a hunk in an aspirin, or not 8(

I heard from a stupid friend that smoking ice causes shards of the drug to appear in your brain and every puff you have slices a bit of your brain off 8)

^^I must have a few shards in my head after tonight then.

But yeah still amazed about how many people think heroin is in pills.

What really gets me is talking to non-drug users about a MDMA experience. They are always like "Nah I don't want to see you all tripped out in the corner and looking wasted" They never understand what MDMA is really like. I guess this goes for a lot of people who can only guess what certain drugs actually do. Education people!

phase_dancer said:
It used to be used in eye anesthesia and is still listed on MIMS although little detail is given on the product. My optometrist said it is no longer used for this purpose.

It probably still has some applications in eye surgery, as it possesses quite unique anesthetic actions. It was once also given to AIDS sufferers in the final weeks if they had severe sinus pain, which a guy I knew of did.

It's available on the PBS, made up as a paste for nasal anaesthetic I think, although it is quite rare.

Both of my pears are pharmacists and the first coke i saw was a mass jar of pur... they use it for cancer patients mainly as ointments and drops...

The one I like or should I say, don't like, is the one about inserting ice up someones rectum if they have overdosed on GBH.

Warning on ice cube enemas
By Judy Skatssoon
24Sep03

DRUG and medical experts have issued a warning following evidence that would-be first aiders have been using ice cube "enemas" to revive people from drug overdoses.

Experts say putting ice cubes up the rectums of unconscious people has no physiological benefit and can even lead to seizures and stroke.
According to Paul Dillon, research officer with the National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre (NDARC), some people have been attempting to insert ice cubes into the anuses of friends who have become unconscious after taking the party drug GHB in the mistaken belief that it will revive them.
But GHB overdose expert David Caldicott, of the Emergency Department of Royal Adelaide Hospital, said the practice was potentially hazardous.
Quoted in the gay community newspaper the Sydney Star Observer, Dr Caldicott said putting an object into the rectum of someone not expecting it could cause a "vagal" reaction.
This occurs when the vagus nerve, which slows the heart, is activated.
On top of the blood pressure-lowering effects of GBH, a vagal reaction can potentially stop blood flow to the brain.
The matter should not be treated as a joke, Mr Dillon said.
"An overdose in a club is embarrassing enough for the person involved," he told the Star Observer.
"The sight of the incapacitated person with their pants around their ankles having people inserting ice cubes is beyond humiliating and potentially dangerous.
"Some of the people doing this should know better and should not pretend to be trained medical professionals."
The procedure could also result in charges of sexual assault, he said.
This report appears on news.com.au.

Ouch!!

Spoke to a bloke at the pub on Saturday night, tells me he makes his own acid.
I said 'oh right, how'?
'Easy', he says, 'just get some paper or cardboard, and you know that stuff that comes out of your car battery?' I say 'umm, yeah' he goes 'thats acid, just dip the paper in it and eat it. I've had shitloads of it, it's better than any shit you can buy'.

Riiight.

"ICE has heroin in it, it does... why do u think its so addictive" AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

One of the better ones from my dad when he found out i smoke pot (this was a few years ago) - "the stuff is grown hydroponically and you can overdose of it', I've heard people say this one a few times.

Ecstacy causes holes in the brain- generally peddled by the non-drug using public that watched that episode on Oprah, where Oprah believed she was knowledegable enough to interpretate brain scan images.
'if you take LSD more than x times a year/lifetime you are legally insane'- that one's bullshit. i think the rumour may have come from someone committing a crime whilst on LSD and this was considered an argument for being legally insane at the time of the crime.
'pills are cut with smack' fucking sick of this one - there are too many people out there that think this, and I've stopped trying to reason to people that this is not the case.

An SMS I got t'other day.

"Hey dude. Whered you get your pill testder? I want to test mine to be safe. Are they expensive, or can i just use my car battery?"

Yep. Thats right. He wanted to use the sulphuric acid in his car battery.

Moron

Microgram reports

I had to put the cat amongst the pigeons with this one that i came across.

Yes its pointless adulterating a pill with an more expensive drug. Yes its not even enough for you to get even remotely high off it. Yes they are extremely rare and its unlikely that people will ever have one in their life time.....

But I managed to find ONE credible instance where pills have been forensically tested and have contained Cocaine - albeit in microscopic amounts. But it was there nevertheless! I am a sad arsehole aren't it :)

By the way - I recommend everyone read the microgram reports on the website too. I find it fascinating the lengths that people goto to transport drugs. You have to look at some of them and wonder how they even got caught.

Just scroll down the monthly microgram reports and read away. Its is highly addictive!

Scroll to Blue pills

More microgram reports....

I hate this one and I always seem to get it while going to have some nitrous with someone.

''Aren't you only suppose to have like only three of these in your lifetime?" (Meaning Bulbs)

biggest bullshit i've heard,

-Pills have coke (buzzing) or heroin, (smacked out)
-Take some glucose mix it with speed , put it in a spoon, heat it up and you will get MDMA.