• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[Merged] Drug Myths, Dodgy Theories and Misconceptions

-Take some glucose mix it with speed , put it in a spoon, heat it up and you will get MDMA.

Never heard that one before. It would have to go down with the ol' Fosters beer method of LSD as being totally and completely ridiculous.

Yep. Thats right. He wanted to use the sulphuric acid in his car battery.

Well, dumb as that may sound, in much of the Forensics literature sulphuric acid is used as a control when comparing against other sulphuric acid containing reagents such as Mecke's, Sulphuric-Formaldehyde (different formula to Marquis), Froehde, Liebermann's, Erdmann's, Vanillin, Chromotropic, diphenylamine Marquis and Mandelin tests. BUT, the acid is required to be of a much higher purity than that found in lead acid batteries or you'd get all sorts of weird results!

Oprah did an episode on drugs? Man...
Nothing worse than people who know NOTHING about drugs giving lectures about it...

heres an interesting one my auntie told my sister to scare her off of e.

Apparently one of her freinds tried e, flipped out and ended up in a mental hospital. From there she decided to break out and whilst running away, didnt look when she crossed the road and got hit by a bus and died.

OMG THOSE CRAZY EVIL E PILLS WILL TURN YOU INTO A RAVING LUNATIC PPL BEWARE!!!!!!!

here's one that many people have told me...
A friend of a friend tried their very first ecstacy pill, and either
a) Dropped dead or
b) is now a vegetable a` la that Terry Schivaro in the US who got her feeding tube pulled.

I have to say, my mum told me the latter a couple of weeks before taking my first pill and when i first started getting the tingly sensation and light head i started FREAKING out. Mind you, a 10 minute sit down and a lillipop later i was going hard.

that there is a "50% chance of you dying when you take your first pill"

>> i still took 1/2 anyway and left a note under my pillow telling my parents i was sorry for being stupid. needless to say, i didnt die, and removed the note as soon as i got home *slaps head*

that there are "herion in pills"

>> my friend who i thought i was educating a little better, said to me the other day "oh well we have probably all had heroin"...because someone had told her that all "smacky" pills had heroin, even though i have told her that it is almost IMPOSSIBLE.

that "for every nang you do you kill of 10 billion brain cells."

>> right and thats why doctors use it to put you to sleep.l

hmmmm a tiny bit off topic -
but, years and years ago in high school the old rumour went something like "peter jackson/holiday(insert cheap, shit cigarette brand here)cigarettes are made from what they get sweeping the floor of the benson and hedges factory"

just thought i'd mention, I know cocaine extremely unlikely to see in ecstasy however I just thought it was worth mentioning that I once read about a batch of cocaine pills in microgram that I think contained 200mg 8o.
Sorry I don't have a link
I do however know that eating cocaine although it may not be as efficient is in my opinion quite euphoric. It is quite easy to tell the difference between the two experiences in my opinion though.

Just thought its worth mentioning, as the cocaine price in america is obviously a fair bit cheaper then here and finding some pills that actually had coke in them, for however much you pay (not including prices) would make someone extremely happy ;)

"I had a friend who got addicted to ketamine and now his heads like about 3 times the size of his body... ketamines bad"

I don't know where the hell they came up with that one 8(

another popular one:
there is horse tranq in pills.
this might be true to some degree but i think people forget that Ketamine can be used as horse tranq.

this one is by my friend :
1 in 3 pills are deadly, so in a night i will never do more than 2 pills. i didn't say anything. :(

that there is a "50% chance of you dying when you take your first pill"

>> i still took 1/2 anyway and left a note under my pillow telling my parents i was sorry for being stupid.
Awww... BT ;)

The most stupid one I ever heard, slightly OT, was that if you eat a pip from an apple, then they gather in "your pip-sac" (some organ supposedly) and then once it if full you have to go to hospital and have it emptied.

This was from , I kid you not, a 16 year old boy.

Back in Israeli junior high we've heard this rumour a lot: most E pills went through Lebanon/Syria/Egypt/Territories(Palestine) and there they were mixed with cocaine/heroin/LSD/PCP/rat-poison/make-your-pick.

I've heard people tell me that you can get mango bud by growing marijuana plants under a mango tree or out of the fruit and I have a mate who will argue with me for hours that magic mushrooms only grow out of cow crap if the cows themselves have been dipped in acetone. He just will not believe that they are a natural occurring thing.

Some ass who sold me alpha-o and told me it was LSD: LSD isn't really a visual drug at all, mushrooms are so much more visual

thanks complete bullshit... i can't believe anyone could ever say that

bambbbam said:
The most stupid one I ever heard, slightly OT, was that if you eat a pip from an apple, then they gather in "your pip-sac" (some organ supposedly) and then once it if full you have to go to hospital and have it emptied.

This was from , I kid you not, a 16 year old boy.

I think he was talking about your appendix.... which supposedly used to be like an stomach for breaking down some kinds of grains ( bit like a cow really) rumour has it that things like watermellon and grape seeds etc can still get stuck around it and that causes appendicidis (sp?).... anyway, that's the theory.... and that's probably where he got it from.

this has probli been mentioned but the glass in pills to cut ur stomach lining so its absorbed quicker

That amanitas are inherently bad...

Still makes me let out a mighty chuckle to this day.

Last edited:
drinky_mcbeer said:
this has probli been mentioned but the glass in pills to cut ur stomach lining so its absorbed quicker

This makes me think of an acquaintance I use to know who use to get really paranoid when on it... esp towards the end of a night. He said that he took some speed once, got really paranoid (as he would, even at the end of a coke or pill night he would) and went to the doctor. doctor x-rayed him and his insides came up glowing to which the doctor said it was due to crushed up neon lights that the cooks add to the speed to make it stonger as it cuts your stomach. neon glass because it can be crushed up finer 8(

^^ yeah it happens unfortunately. There have been times when I have happened upon an irregular source and definately felt the presence of such elements. Just another one of the risks, If you know its there (and you will) best idea is to bite the bullet and dispose of thoughtfully *flush*

A nurse said this the other day when she had asked what I took in the hospital. Asked if i had taken fantasy? I said "whats that?"

She replied, "GBH.. Its a chemical called liquid ecstasy which slows down your breathing till you die"

I said, "Oh, you mean GHB, Gammahydroxybutrate.. I'm pretty sure thats a natural hormone or at least in everyones blood stream. It's just if you have too much or take it with alcohol it can cause problems"

"No, its not a hormone at all, its a bloody external chemical, and it doesn't need to be mixed with alcohol, you just take it and go into a coma"

She didnt seem to think people took GHB for fun. She seemed to think it was like PMA, a fake version of "liquid" ecstasy.