• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD subthread] Side effects and Reactions

LSD and neck aches

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I gotta know the truth cause it's been bugging me. Why does lsd give you that distinguishable neck ache?

Psychedelics can make your muscles spasm and ache, this happens to me a lot in my legs bc LSD lets me run around like Im 6 years old again when the reality of it is im 23 going on 50 lol.

Merging in with the B&D LSD thread <3

Hmm, strangest thing, I could have sworn I posted a reply to this topic before the merge! Actually it has happened to me before (posts getting lost in the process of a merge), must be a buggybug in the forum software :)

Anyway, your answer ^ is better than mine was anyway, so nevermind that lol

It's interesting how people get pains in different area's. For me it's my back, particularly my spine.. it tends to arch inwards.. this might be a result of me holding a certain posture for to long as im nearly always standing or walking when i trip.

It's interesting how people get pains in different area's. For me it's my back, particularly my spine.. it tends to arch inwards.. this might be a result of me holding a certain posture for to long as im nearly always standing or walking when i trip.

I too always get bad back pain on LSD... Enough to be noticeable the whole time that's for sure.

Gah I hate the neck ache... actually a bad aspect of the drug. My neck would feel tense and hurt and it still sorta does right now

above there was discussion on back and necks. what about throwing up? is throwing up on lsd a good or a bad thing for the body? is it a sign to go to the hospital or check for help, or is your body just trying to get rid of a poisin, and it will be ok? last trip i felt so sick, but i couldnt throw up. I think it cause I didnt have anything in my stoumache.

^ It's almost never anything physical, so no need to go to the hospital. I have gotten nauseaus on LSD before, it felt like it was just a reaction to the sheer intensity of the trip (much like you might throw up on an intense carousel ride). Also, LSD acts on a number of serotonin receptors, some of which are involved in the process of nausea, so that might also have something to do with it.

My last lsd trip I was getting nauseaus too, now that you put it that way, Recept, it was much like that for me. For my gag reflex to stop I needed to just sit and stare into a beautiful field, then when I got home I was talking to a family member and I got sorta anxious, and when I went into my dark room visuals were intense and I barfed lol.

I'm thinking any body load associated with LSD has to be directly because of inactive iso-LSD, correct? Theoretically wouldn't 100% pure LSD have absolutely no body load?

I'm thinking any body load associated with LSD has to be directly because of inactive iso-LSD, correct? Theoretically wouldn't 100% pure LSD have absolutely no body load?

Being inactive, I doubt that iso-LSD really has any effect on the mental or physical. Having a body load or not depends on the state of mind of the user and previous expectations.

Scientifically, LSD is LSD is LSD and blah blah...so its a difference in the set or setting and preconcieved notions (IE thinking that one batch of LSD is cleaner than another so it's effects are cleaner when taken).

I hardly get any bad body load off of LSD at normal doses but thats because I've never bought into the dirty vs. clean LSD theory. All LSD feels clean to me :D

I think the so-called "dirty" feeling of LSD comes from its activity at adrenal receptors....

LSD after effects

Hi all,

I took LSD for the first time 2 fridays ago (8/14.) I had a blast, great experience. However, since that next morning, my head has been feeling very cloudy like im permantly high on weed or something. Or like a 3 beer buzz. I am very concerned because its been 2 weeks and i still feel this way. My eyes flutter a little and i feel light headed. Also the back of my head hurts a little and my neck has been stiff. Im kinda freaking out that this will last a long time. What should I do? Go to the doctor? Just ride it out? Help me please!

I honestly don't know. It is normal or at least very possible to feel high for weeks on after, but it is more like a residual feeling of expanded consciousness, not really the cloudedness. The back of your head hurting is in rare situations a neurological / spine thing if you overcharge it with combinations of drugs, high doses of psychedelics and or prolonged use.
But most often that type of headache comes from tense neck and back muscles that stretch up the back of your skull. Since you also have a stiff neck I just think you are tense. Take some good rest and find ways to relax both mentally and physically. Tripping on LSD can cost quite a bit of energy, maybe you have been to busy? Are there any other possible reasons you might be stressed? Are you on any medication or anything?

Furthermore I don't know how serious it feels to you. If you can handle it I would wait a little while longer to see if it (slowly) fades away. If not you might want to consult a physician eventually.

Anyway we have a central thread for questions about LSD, next time search for threads that come close enough to your questions subject using the search function. :)
This will be moved (merged) to that thread shortly.

Welcome to Bluelight's PD! :D

Im not really stressed over anything. I'm just scared because before i did it, I felt fine, and now my eyes and head feel weird. I've done mushrooms like 10 times and had no issues after. I just don't know how long this will last and what I can do about it.

If it doesn't go away, you're going to have to go see a doctor. You shouldn't have those feelings and it's something for a doctor to look at.

Fuck. I really don't want to see a doctor but maybe they can do a cat scan or something like that. I mean other than time is there really anything else I can do. I'm getting really bummed out and feel like im not gunna be myself.

give it some time you'll get used to it, i found after my first LSD trip, my outlook on the world was never the same... at first i was a bit bewildered , but now i feel confident, and better than before i had tried LSD, psychadelics have really helped me sort my mind out...

i find that about 4 or 5 days on from a lsd trip i tend to notice certain things in a different way.
clouds or big trees etc.
this may last for a few days.