• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD subthread] Side effects and Reactions

Might not have been LSD...

I have NEVER gotten side effects after a trip with real LSD, no matter how intense it was.

DOx and AMT however have given me lasting side effects for up to 2 weeks(brain fog, muscle stiffness, lazyness, "visual noise" ect.)

Test your LSD and question your source.

Im not really stressed over anything. I'm just scared because before i did it, I felt fine, and now my eyes and head feel weird. I've done mushrooms like 10 times and had no issues after. I just don't know how long this will last and what I can do about it.

If I were you I wouldn't buy from your "acid source" ever again. LSD for me has even less side effects than mushrooms, both are quite harmless for your body.

I am guessing you got some sort've DOx.

And for those who think DOx are a rarity, go look at the DEA's website. 80% of the blotters and hits that they have confiscated in the last few years have been RC's such as DOB, DOI, DOC and AMT.

LSD is harder to find these days, just because you thought you had LSD doesn't mean you did. Some RC's feel very similar such as DOC IMO.

*shrug* who knows .. Every day/trip is different.

Admittedly I am still an LSD n00b ..
My 1st trip (4 years ago, two liquid drops from the bottom of a friend's vial) was so different from the paper I've been frying on this year. #1 started with a vomit (only time, I'm guessing from the liquid itself); my 1st-time paranoia was saved by Cannabis and the resulting Trip was incredibily peaceful.

This Spring I got some paper, and tho being a much more seasoned smoker, cannabis elevated my paranoia/negative effects to nearly unbearable levels.

Recently got my 3rd batch, some stronger paper, and I've had an LSD hangover for the first time ever this week .. Still a great batch but Day 1 was miserable, and even now still feeling a bit foggy / out of sorts; my memory is shot this week and I'm having random acute tingling headaches. The trip itself was a bit uncomfotable & just beyond my control despite less stress / negative factors present this time around, and having been much more clean&sober recently than the last round.

I'm not done yet .. Tho hopefully sanity will win out and my next fry-day will be more than 24 hours before I have to work.

Last edited:
I too had similar effects for several months after fairly heavy 2C-B and LSD usage at a psy festival. It's occurrence was pretty random, but pot use seemed to bring it out more. I would just be sitting down, and turn my head and blink. During the blink I saw a perfect image of my face and the expression I was making at the time. It only flashed for a millisecond , but the flash left an "imprint" of sorts that lasted maybe two or three seconds. I am fairly sure it was from the 2C-B alone, as I got a feeling of it during these flashes, though one can never be sure.

Killo said:
I have NEVER gotten side effects after a trip with real LSD, no matter how intense it was.
You may not have gotten side effects from high dose Lsd trips, but Lsd has affinity(albeit small) for dopamine, histamine, and other receptor sites aside from 5ht. This activity has been thought to be responsible for the "negative" or "dirty" side effects associated with high(1mg+) dose Lsd trips.
Killo said:
Test your LSD and question your source.
Testing Lsd isn't as easy(or at least as common) as testing ecstasy pills. It's not available for everyone.

What about this one...

Do you ever do about a billion sighs of relief. The feeling of a big sigh is pretty good on acid. I sometimes find myself breathing sighs of relief like two or three times an hour, sometimes when they're really not neccessary at all.

yeah, deep quavery breaths that feel like salt air. they make you're whole body shake. i love that feeling and it's probably why i smoke like a million cigarettes on L, just for the extra deep breath's.

Is there anything you can do to relieve muscle tension and pain while on LSD?

dance it out. stretch. wiggle. my best friend rubbed some arnica on my back a couple trips ago. i felt like it melted alot of that tension away, but it could've just been loving hands and a placebo effect.

Okay guys, in response to my previous posts ^^

I'm extremely disappointed. A good friend of mine of 8 years or so talked this LSD up to the point where i bought it like i was a fiend of ebay. Anywho, 7 friends of mine all took 2 1/2 hits, we felt something within 30 but then after that it was just uncomfortable mental feelings for about 6 hours until we started drinking (we didnt trip at all) the only the thing that happened is that colors of plants and shit changed a different hue. I was very VERY dissapointed. I Think it was just a shitty research chemical, what do you guys think?

sounds like DOx, yeap. A RC.

Not even a low dose of LSD would have been that uninteresting, it would have made you feel energized, enthusiastic if anything.

Last edited:
I am wondering how to reduce nausea for high dose LSD. I took 10 (or 12, I can't remember) hits of some pretty good acid, and I had a great trip. It hit me within 10 minutes, and about 20 minutes after dosing I threw up a few times. This didn't bother me much, because I felt great for the rest of the trip, until near the end of the trip I threw up twice again, dry heaving this time.

I dosed on a nearly-empty stomach, and was moderately well hydrated. Should I eat something a bit before dosing when I trip again? I was also thinking to put the LSD in some water and drink it over the course of 20 minutes so that I can spread out the absorption into my blood stream. The only worry I have about this is that my tolerance will go up once I start to take it, and that I won't trip as hard because of the tolerance. I have never had any sort of nausea before, but this was my largest dose yet. Any help would be appreciated so next time I can relax on my bed and enjoy my trip more.

I definitely eat a meal about 2-3 hours before a dose. If not my blood sugar drops and the trip gets crappy. Even with eating before a trip after the peak of the trip I always get hungry, then I go and get stuff to eat. Things like cheese and crackers are good at that time.

You can also spread the dosage out like that without any noticeable tolerance. Tolerance takes longer than that to be a factor.

It's said that if you take an acid dose and then redose a couple hours later that it just extends the trip without making it stronger.

Also, I take a ginger capsule along with my dose for the nausea thing. Taking phenibut before a trip also reduces anxiety which is where a lot of the nausea comes from.

thanks uniter. I will try out your suggestions next time I take a high dose. I'm going to stick to low-medium doses for a while, but I can't wait to repeat the experience I had at a higher level, and it would be even better without the nausea and throwing up.

I think this is the best thread to post this under, I saw somewhere that LSD could possibly reroute the 5 hta Receptors creating a permanent rewiring in the brain. However I have not been able to find this on erowid.org. I was wondering if anyone would be able to give a link to something that either proves or disproves this

haha i can barely fall asleep the night before if i know i'm going to be tripping the next day, just from sheer excitement.

How long until you are able to sleep after taking acid?

I'm thinking of dropping 2 sugar cubes of acid at 6 pm tomorrow, any idea how long it will be until I'm able to sleep? Would it be a better idea to do it earlier on a different day? This will be my first experience with acid.

You probably won't be able to sleep until a good 12-15 hours after taking that amount of LSD, possibly longer. But everyone's different. Some people don't have much difficulty getting to sleep once they've come down from the trip, others find it near impossible to sleep until the cid has well and truly worn off (e.g. me).
If you need to sleep at all on Saturday night or Sunday morning, I would personally suggest that you choose a different day and take it earlier than 6pm.

Would it be a better idea to do it earlier on a different day? This will be my first experience with acid.

That depends on your individual situation. Do you have something very important to do the next day?

Last edited:
^Exactly.

To each their own. My favorite time to dose is around noon. I'm grooved into the day, got food in me, have a great trip on a nice sunny afternoon, come down when the sun is setting (sunset on LSD <3) and get to sleep around midnight; thereby not screwing with my sleep schedule and I wake up the next morning feeling great.

Just don't do it if you have obligations the next day. You want time to integrate and bask in the afterglow.

Last edited:
It depends on you but i would try to go earlier, if i'm planning on getting to sleep i usually do it around 3 pm. I estimate a 12 hour period before getting to sleep and it usually takes me the whole 12 but my friends can sometimes get to sleep 9-10 hours after dropping.

I usually can't sleep for at least 5ish hours after i've taken acid. It all depends on the dose and my recent sleep schedule.