• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD subthread] Side effects and Reactions

A decent/mild dose of just LSD will be about 8h. Drinking alcohol or smoking weed wont change it much.

Stronger doses add more time on, but usually it isn't any longer than 12h, unless you redose/take other drugs later during the trip.

For me, 16 hours after an intense trip. At least 12 hours after a light trip.

There are significant differences between people. For me it usually takes at least 16 hours, often more. For a trip buddy it's usually only 8 hours. We take the same dose from the same batch, and every time it's the same story.

I could never sleep during the come-up if I tried, but for some reason after the peak my body gets less tense and my mind starts to relax and as long as I am on a comfortable sleeping surface I could easily pass out.

Often 15 hours and even then it´s a pretty strange vague night. Sleep is not quite like good sleep unless some sedatives are involved. Even then, its not healthy sleep either but at least youre out.
Dont do it if you have obligations the next day, I would advise to do it when you have the whole weekend free and also dont take sedatives since they take something away from the trip unless it wasnt that special an experience. Without much experience bet on it being special!

You probably won't be able to sleep until a good 12-15 hours after taking that amount of LSD, possibly longer. But everyone's different. Some people don't have much difficulty getting to sleep once they've come down from the trip, others find it near impossible to sleep until the cid has well and truly worn off (e.g. me).
If you need to sleep at all on Saturday night or Sunday morning, I would personally suggest that you choose a different day and take it earlier than 6pm.

Well said.

I've never taken Benzos but I've heard of people taking them at the end of an LSD trip so they can sleep.

When I have taken very low doses of LSD I could fall asleep but it wasn't easy but after a high dose I did not sleep that night even though I'd been up since 6:30AM the previous day and I didn't sleep until I just came home from school and went to bed early.

Last edited:
I prefer to take lsd in the morning, for the reasons stated above but also because then my mind is fresh and not full of my previous day's experiences so my trip isn't influenced by the recent past.

I dunno what 2 sugar cubes are but I can sleep on 2 blotter hits no problem.

^ after how long? Were they strong or weak, did you not swallow the blotter? Acid is acid.

It seems from the people posting here that the time until you can sleep is 8-16h or so, depending on person and dose... and yes, that is for real.

erowid calls the duration of acid 6-14 hours with up to 24 hours of after effects, and that pretty much agrees with what people have posted here.

it depends how good the stuff is i think, iv taken a normal sized hit of liquid acid and fallen asleep before i was even tripping that hard but then with the same acid i havnt been able to sleep. its a weird one i love sleep and i thik its better than drugs so maybe that helps me to doze off. it normally keeps me up but as with most trippy drugs i find it easy to sleepp on them... it could just be me tho... dont get me wrong it does keeep me up but it depends how stimulating the environment is too becuase if im with one boring person and we're on acid i could just sleep it offf... im not sure on this one

it gets easier to sleep on acid over time IMO, I used to stay awake until 10-12 hours after dosing (if T+0 = evening) but now I can pass out 8 hours in, if it's a dose under 400ug.

I'm thinking of dropping 2 sugar cubes of acid at 6 pm tomorrow, any idea how long it will be until I'm able to sleep? Would it be a better idea to do it earlier on a different day? This will be my first experience with acid.

Personally, in this situation I wouldn't expect to sleep until the following night. In my experience, the effects of LSD can last anywhere from 6 to 14 hours depending on dosage (on a decent dose, you'll feel it strongly with visuals for 6-8 hours, maybe still have weak visuals by hour 12, then residual stimulation of mind and body for the remainder of the time). But, I normally can't sleep during the day, so I won't actually sleep until the following night.

A sufficient amount of benzos, or similar drugs, would do the trick if you have them and are dead set on sleeping, but I don't know if I would bother. I kinda enjoy the lazy brain-dead afterglow day from a good trip; hanging out with my trip partners smoking some bowels and talking about what we experienced or even just quietly reflecting on it.

be safe, and have fun!

I usually count on 12-13 hours after drop to fall asleep, and even then im tossing and turning

Thanks for all the great responses! I decided to hold off on the lsd and am going to use it tomorrow. This may be a silly question but with the sugar cubes should I let them dissolve in my mouth and hold the liquid sublingually for as long as possible or should I swallow the liquid right away?

thanks again