• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD Subthread] Injection (I.M. or I.V.)

ooo, good point.

I'm not sure what exact kind of water to get for those requirements. Is bottled water, say, specifically, Aquafina good? I just ask this water as its very easy to get, you probably know of it. If not, where can I get this water?

I know of distilled water, but I don't recall ever seeing it say "de-ionised".

No, bottled water is not good, neither is any potable water, as these are all mineralised, deionised water is distilled water, which contains no traces of salts. Drinkable water all contains salts of some kind or another, if it did not, drinking it in quantity would interfere with the osmotic balance of the body, and as the water has no dissolved salts, it would pull out blood electrolytes, to make up for this salt balance.

If you wish to prepare suitable water, first boil the water, which will expell carbon dioxide from solution, and remove any chlorine present.

Then distill the water from a test tube or flask etc., pretty simple and about as safe as can be done;)

The water will be sterile, so make up your solution and use it on the spot, do not make up the solution and leave it for later, as this will lead to excessive degradation of the LSD.

De-ionised water can also be bought from auto supply stores - you are looking for "battery top up water".

Althought I have no idea if it would be safe to ingest/inject. Since it's DI, I guess its as pure as it can get..

IV LSD appeals to me as an effective way of shortening the duration.

Can anyone say from experience how the duration is altered?

Limpet Chicken, I can go to my local pharmacy store and get a bottle of DISTILLED WATER. This should be good, no?

And just out of curiosity, since I'd rather pay a buck or two for this water and just use it for all my IV uses, how exactly you get this DI distilled water? I always thought you distill water by putting like a bowl of water out in the sunlight and leaving it for a day, though I don't know about the sanitation in that method. Your saying boil it, and then "distill" it which is what your trying to tell me to do...

Im a bit lost on your explanation. It was kind of similiar to saying "the definition of X is when you are X-ing". But I do see the process (or just the boiling part).

How the hell do I remove the chlorine? Do i get some tweezzers and pick it out?

Don't mean to be critical, just much confusion. Your post is very helpful and already answered the question as it is.

Hi CreativeRandom,
I once injected a dose of about 100 µg Acid and I did this the following way: buying sterile salt water solution (I think it was 2,5 % salt) from a optician. The purpose of this stuff is for the lenses to wash it it (beside the cleaning solutions) and for dropping it in eyes if they are too dry.
I dissolved the amount of blotter acid (my version was printed) in a glass dish, filtered it with cotton wool when I pulled up the sterile injection.

By the way, I wouldn't do that again, not only because it didn't had any advantages except a quicker onset. Duration was nearly the same like doing it under the tongue. I would always prefer the oral way. The injection was just a tiny little bit interesting because: you see immediatly how the onset starts & it does not bring you in the middle of a trip in a few seconds...no...it STILL needs to develope over the minutes (more than half an hour). Just the colours were there immediatly). So what I got out from it was, that it is a chain reaction, and LSD is just the beginner, not the effective substance that works in the brain. But you can get this also out of a good book about Acid. When someone asks me I usually say that it was not worth the effort.

Just buy some distilled water. The hassle you'll go through otherwise is not worth it. Its, what, $0.75-1.00 a gallon? If don't know what you're doing and dont have appropriate glass you'll just get the water dirty or something anyway. There is no chlorine in distilled water.

(Distillation is the seperation of compounds, basically. You heat your mix up, and everything vaporizes at a different temperature. This lets you drive off things seperatly. Then the vapor is condensed back into liquid and collected. Some solid particles might be leftover in the case of tap water )

However, tweezers will work to remove it from tap water. It will just take A REALLY FUCKIN LONG TIME and a lot of practice. (*cough*)

The pharmacy probably has sterile saline solns.

I officially frown in the IV LSD idea, though.

I have recently IVed LSD by soaking a piece of blotter in a sterile saline soln. (and filtering of course). I estimate the dose to be about 25-50ug.

I agree with farabove_theclouds for the most part.

I found it to be a funny experience. There is a "rush" of stimulation seconds after injection (like how I imagine injecting a low dose of amphetamines would be), but the psychedelic effects take about 30mins to fully manifest, and last at least 4 hours (I can't tell you more about the duration since the dose was only threshold and I took some oxycodone and benzos at the 4-hour point).

May I add that the oxy+benzos were taken because I wasn't prepared to deal with a trip longer than 4 hours that day, so it definitely wasn't placebo. I imagine it lasts 6 hours, since at the 4 hour point I was just past the peak.

I will be attempting it again with higher doses sometime in the future, and will report.

my advice would be to use a (if possible) sterile saline solution as chloride (do not confuse with chlorine) will not break down LSD.

using distilled water for injection sounds like a bad idea...

buying sterile salt water solution (I think it was 2,5 % salt) from a optician. The purpose of this stuff is for the lenses to wash it it (beside the cleaning solutions) and for dropping it in eyes if they are too dry.

I'd be careful with this, as it might contain antibacterial compounds that are OK to put in the eye, but not good to inject (like benzalkonium chloride)

No fast&ful, the stuff I bought was just water with some salt in it. If there are cleaners in it, of course one shouldn't use it, you need to check that. I have difficulties to translate it from German into good english but "sterile saline solution" sounds like I the stuff I bought. Probably the best would be to get it from a pharmacy.

Mate of mine did it years back[distilled water ] I.V.ed it said it was ok started quick but not much different from usual except for the fast onset.
He never did it again though so take from that what you will.
Zophen

Won't it be more efficient. In the same manner that 1/4 the H to fuck you up snorting will blast you away injected....?

can't you obtain 'water for injections' ampules?

Has anyone done a higher dose, like 500ug? Maybe that would be an even qquicker onset :) Im not recommending this,just asking if it has been done. It seems like a larger quantity might make it kick in quicker?? dunno though. And also, 100ug lsd isnt a very strong trip for me and it sometimes takes longer to kick in. When I take 500+ug it seems to only take about 15 minutes to kick in. Also you are dissolving the blotter so mayne you arent getting every bit of it? I couldn't be sure of this either.

im curious as to why anyone would do this...

im not saying you shouldnt, just wondering what youre trying to prove by injecting it.

it seems like a lot of trouble to me when i could just eat the damn tasteless paper...

It's not alot of trouble at all to prep a shot. To some people its a multi-daily task that's part of their life.

I personally prefer drugs injected, as others prefer to eat their drugs, smoke their drugs, or snort their drugs. It's just my preference. I'm not trying to prove anything, just merely an experience.

It would also seem as if less would do more, in the usual manner that injections do. Can anyone back this up or refute that? The jist I'm getting here is that contrary to every other chemical out there, LSD does not come on quicker injected....

the oral bioavailability (hope thats the right english word) of LSD is nearly 100% so it doesn't make a differece dosage-wise. i don't have a source for this, though erowid may have more info on that...