• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I want to hallucinate, dammit

I'm having exactly the same problem as the OP... Even off 30mg 2c-e (orally). I'm thinking maybe it has a relationship to how good your imagination is? My girlfriend is very arty, can paint, draw etc, lots of colours and good shapes etc. Whereas I am not arty at all and can't draw or paint for shit. Guess which one of us gets crazy OEV's off everything and anything and who doesn't get anything off high doses of all sorts of stuff?

Anyone else have any thoughts on OEV vs imagination and artistic ability?

I hallucinated pretty hard on a big dose of pure MDMA (how much.. couldt say... 160mg?). Including: smoking cotton buds thinking they were cigs, being sure I was at home with my family when I was at a party, searching for samples and knobs in the air, thinking I was recording some dreamstation music.
later that same night, with some GBL, I remember a lot of geometric figures rotating in the center of my vision, tatoos that dissapeared when I tried to touch them....

benadryl

lol take a freaking bunch of those and you'll start talking to people who arent there and crazzzyyy shit

its a really eiry high though..

Holy shit!! This is about the tenth post recommending deliriants! Just stay away from Dramamine, Benadryl, Avil, Unisom or any OTC anti-histamine, at least with intentions of getting high on it. This stuff is horrible for people. See this class of drugs even makes you lose your ability to spell, It's eery... ;)

Some people tout Diphenhydramine and other deliriants as legitimate psychedelics. I have never done them myself so I cannot say for sure but it sounds like the head space is just extremely disorienting and confusing and it is hard to imagine anything beneficial coming out of it let alone being in anyway enjoyable. On the other hand, it does seem like it would be an extremely novel experience. Still, I can't say it's far up my list of drugs I wanna try or even on it at all.

Datura is actually a shamanic sacrament which they considered a legitimate "plant teacher" I believe. Still, they eat all kinds of shit for spiritual reasons. Many of them are constantly ingesting tobacco to keep "bad spirits" and "darts"(called tsentsak) away and apparently at high enough doses it can cause visions and hallucinations.

Last edited:
I've heard from various reports that Belladonna can make you see and have conversations with people who are not there at all. In fact, i'm almost sure its known for this effect. Correct me if I am wrong

indeed, these are hallucinations proper. most psychedelics give illusions. one is typically aware that the eye candy is an effect of the drug and is not some new, profound alteration of space.

I'm having exactly the same problem as the OP... Even off 30mg 2c-e (orally). I'm thinking maybe it has a relationship to how good your imagination is? My girlfriend is very arty, can paint, draw etc, lots of colours and good shapes etc. Whereas I am not arty at all and can't draw or paint for shit. Guess which one of us gets crazy OEV's off everything and anything and who doesn't get anything off high doses of all sorts of stuff?

Anyone else have any thoughts on OEV vs imagination and artistic ability?

I can relate. Im a pretty serious visual and musical artist(jazz bitches) and I have always seen insane visuals, no matter what dose. They are there on the head of a pin and expand into my entire visual palete.

Also, sometimes I wonder what people are really looking for when it comes to psychedelics. Compared to myself, I have found that it is usually for vastly different reasons for most people(A totally different experience).

Then there is the lizard brain theory which kind of explains why some people just see insanely complex visuals even on very low doses(doses that most people would call a "body high"). The lizard brain theory is fairly accurate as well.
If anyone is curious about it ill try to explain it without doing all the research again.

Lastly, I have never seen crazy dumbass hallucinations that are often claimed to have been seen by annoying kids, noobs, adult dorks, sheep. My mind is not prone to being interested in lets say, seeing faces for example. I have though, experimented with imprinting my minds own intentions onto my fractal visual soup. It works.

I mean seriously, its hard for some people to see complex geometric visuals and I can see that those people have some things in common, and I wont mention those thing because some asshole will find it offensive as hell no doubt.

As others have said, it just takes ALOT for some people to break through into a very visual trip. For some people its almost an all or nothing sort of deal they have been dealt. I done seen it....lol

Sorry kids, no pink elephants for you. You loose interest in that shit once you get to know how profound these hallucinogens are anyways.

If you want to see shit like that after much experience, you are a certain breed of psychedelic user and you will be more prone to seeing what you feel the psychedelic experience should be providing you with.

For the more serious and less ridiculous hard head, Id tend to say take more. I cant stress that enough for those who cant see visuals crawling through everything on even a low dose.

Give me one hit of good liquid these days and im living in a sparkly interwoven tapestry of rainbows, fractals, and the wind paints my mind with its movements for 10+ hours.
I cant not see visuals, even on the lowest doses.

If you have never seen visuals, take more and and rubbing your eyes and applying pressure to your eyes while tripping will help to show you what is really going on when people explain INSANE visuals. After you open your eyes what you started to see will be imprinted on your external environment for a short time..................Its just a funny little tip.

Good luck with any visual let downs people!

Also I wouldnt recommend tropanes and the like.
Thats a whole different animal. Its some dangerous shit as most people here hopefully know already.

I have tried them. Super low doses work wonders in an ayahuasca brew.
There is a reason you can see shit on tropanes, and thats because they can destroy your reality. Psychedelic drugs can do that but do so in a fairly safe way.
Tropanes are basically like dreaming while awake.
Lucid reality as opposed to lucid dreaming.

Those drugs can fuck you up for a long time. Its just so hard on your brain.
If you want to always atleast feel at home in your own head, dont fuck with that stuff.
There is a chance you will never feel the same ever again, and your new mind will work in ways that scare the shit out of you.

Dont use it ever. If, like myself, you feel you really want to see what all the fuss is about, KNOW YOUR SHIT. I have seen a shaman in training holding up his favorite plant. It was brugmansia and this CHILD could handle that shit(loved it). He also lived in the rainforests of south america. Its probably very different when some totally ridiculous rich kid takes the stuff.....(If you know what I mean).

Its ummmmmm, not for everybody, and especially not just some moron who wants to see shit.

The only time I've ever almost (accidentally) killed myself I took 600 mg of diphenhydramine. There's no such thing as a good antihistamine/anticholinergic high. There is only delirium and terrifying tachycardia. It's not worth it in any way.

Perhaps not for you. I find they can be quite enjoyable and one can genuinely learn things from them actually, but I can also see how people would dislike them.

The only true hallucinogens are deliriants IMO.

I'm with you to a point. It feels to me that with most conventional psychedelic hallucinogens, you're still aware of the fact that you're tripping. Things morph and wobble and change into different things, but they never just out right appear in front of you like they do on a deliriant.

so advil motion sickness pills are not psychedelic, will probably make you feel bad, and they will damage your nervous system. but of course, your body your choice :p

I can't believe so many are so vehemently dissuading the OP from deliriants. It seems to me that this is exactly what he wants - genuine hallucinations. Of course some caution needs to be exercised, as these are really a different league to most psychedelics, but for full blown visuals

Holy shit!! This is about the tenth post recommending deliriants! Just stay away from Dramamine, Benadryl, Avil, Unisom or any OTC anti-histamine, at least with intentions of getting high on it. This stuff is horrible for people. See this class of drugs even makes you lose your ability to spell, It's eery... ;)

For *SOME* people. We all know that different people react differently to different substances. Some people praise MDMA as if it were the most significant discovery since gravity, others detest it for the comedowns, surely we can use the same logic here? Sure, lots of people claim deliriants are bad (I don't think any drug has received such overwhelmingly negative publicity from drug users as Datura), but lots of people swear by them. Maybe the OP needs to try for himself?

Some people tout Diphenhydramine and other deliriants as legitimate psychedelics. I have never done them myself so I cannot say for sure but it sounds like the head space is just extremely disorienting and confusing and it is hard to imagine anything beneficial coming out of it let alone being in anyway enjoyable. On the other hand, it does seem like it would be an extremely novel experience. Still, I can't say it's far up my list of drugs I wanna try or even on it at all.

Datura is actually a shamanic sacrament which they considered a legitimate "plant teacher" I believe. Still, they eat all kinds of shit for spiritual reasons. Many of them are constantly ingesting tobacco to keep "bad spirits" and "darts"(called tsentsak) away and apparently at high enough doses it can cause visions and hallucinations.

One of my recent experiences with diphenhydramine hcl was incredibly insightful as to how my own brain works. Here's one entry:
T+1.03 - Thought I could feel something crawling on my leg, looked down only to see a spider crawling across my trousers. When I realised that this made no sense, as I felt the crawling on my leg not my trousers, the spider disappeared.

It's for little moments like this that I enjoy deliriants. It sort of makes the whole experience worth it.

There's no fuzz like you get with other hallucinogens. No morphing, nothing changes into something else, it's just it's either there or it's not, and when it's there, it's sharp.

It's like mushrooms, mescaline and the other "kinder" hallucinogens are an old analogue TV, and Diph is like a new digital TV. When the signal is there, it's there clearly.

Datura is indeed a shamanic sacrament. It's used in Mozambique extensively, and they call it the "Zombie Cucumber". People also believe (tends to be Westerners) that the shamans take mutated children the villagers offer up for sacrifice, lock them in a hole and give them this Zombie Cucumber. Of course this would leave the children incredibly suggestible, and it would be quite easy for the shaman to send the child out to do his/her bidding. It's also said that this is where the "spirits" claimed to be seen come from.

I think I prefer believing the mystical powers of the shaman.

^The reason people discourage the use of deleriants, on Bluelight, is because its a harm reduction board. Taking any anticholinergic in doses enough to cause delerium is very dangerous. You risk seizures, heart failure, strokes and death. I believe they certainly have their use in the shaman's pharmacoepia, but for most, shamanism is just something to read about. My own deleriant experiences certainly dissuaded me from a "shamanic" path.

I really disagree with your TV analogy; moreso, I'd say comparing a true psychedelic with a deleriant is like comparing GHB to booze; one is very selective and will create an "expectable" result, the other is dirty and leads to varied weird reactions.

^The reason people discourage the use of deleriants, on Bluelight, is because its a harm reduction board. Taking any anticholinergic in doses enough to cause delerium is very dangerous. You risk seizures, heart failure, strokes and death. I believe they certainly have their use in the shaman's pharmacoepia, but for most, shamanism is just something to read about. My own deleriant experiences certainly dissuaded me from a "shamanic" path.

I guess I didn't look at it in that light. Perhaps it is a little bit silly, but provided one educates oneself properly (and surely that's what resources like bluelight and erowid are for?) and provided one is comfortable with ones own body, I don't see the harm.

The problem lies when people hear off the grape vine that diph is in these tablets, and if you take about 10, you get well fucked up, and we end up with 16 yr old kids munching down packets of pharms to escape the mundane reality of school.

Again, this is only due to a lack of proper education.

I really disagree with your TV analogy; moreso, I'd say comparing a true psychedelic with a deleriant is like comparing GHB to booze; one is very selective and will create an "expectable" result, the other is dirty and leads to varied weird reactions.

It wasn't so much an analogy for psychological effects, more the actual appearance of the hallucinations. When I'm in an antihistamine induced delirium, I find the visuals I experience are crisp in a way that mescaline, psilocybin, LSA and a whole plethora of other psychedelics simply don't reach. There are sharp, distinct lines, rather than blurring and fuzzing at the edges.

I don't know, maybe I didn't explain myself clearly. I wasn't trying to say anything about the experience so much as the visuals.

T+1.03 - Thought I could feel something crawling on my leg, looked down only to see a spider crawling across my trousers. When I realised that this made no sense, as I felt the crawling on my leg not my trousers, the spider disappeared.

Care to elaborate on how this was a useful insight? I could see how certain people might want to experience seeing and interacting with people/things that aren't there but for now, it is a novelty I would rather do without.

I do find it fascinating that there are all these common aspects to peoples' experiences such as smoking a non-existent cigarette and talking to imaginary friends. The spiders on the walls and crawling around also seems to be a common element. We probably could learn something about the brain and consciousness through in depth study of these drugs. Still, I am not too anxious to experience them myself.

Last edited:
Delirants are crappy IMO. Whats the point in hallucinating when you don´t know it, and you can´t enjoy it?
most of the time on anticholinergics you are searching for some friend that was talking to you but suddenly dissapeared, searching for that cigarrete you dropped but you cant find on the floor, maybe having it in your hand but being unable to smoke it because it dissapears before reaching your mouth, being scared of lint because it grows legs and starts moving towards you...
And everytime you realize you are hallucinating, you feel... sad and cheated.
And then you try to light another cigarrete you dont have.

Delirants are crappy IMO. Whats the point in hallucinating when you don´t know it, and you can´t enjoy it?
most of the time on anticholinergics you are searching for some friend that was talking to you but suddenly dissapeared, searching for that cigarrete you dropped but you cant find on the floor, maybe having it in your hand but being unable to smoke it because it dissapears before reaching your mouth, being scared of lint because it grows legs and starts moving towards you...
And everytime you realize you are hallucinating, you feel... sad and cheated.
And then you try to light another cigarrete you dont have.

lol so depressing, sounds like a shitty dream. One day I may try...

Anyhow... like others said, try and get a higher dose. I have never seen leprechauns ( My ex told me that there is a shroom leprechaun and you try and chase it but never catch it, she stated that everyone would see it... -_-) or anything weird. Normally I see things and they look like something, than it morphs to something else. Dont expect something like the movies.

2c-e has amazing visuals, I know RCs may be hard to come by but with some good searching online you can find a vendor. Smoke some salvia extract but dont get bunk stuff.

Care to elaborate on how this was a useful insight? I could see how certain people might want to experience seeing and interacting with people/things that aren't there but for now, it is a novelty I would rather do without.

I do find it fascinating that there are all these common aspects to peoples' experiences such as smoking a non-existent cigarette and talking to imaginary friends. The spiders on the walls and crawling around also seems to be a common element. We probably could learn something about the brain and consciousness through an depth study of these drugs. Still, I am not too anxious to experience them myself.

It was only useful in the sense that I found it interesting to see how my own mind could so easily trick me. It fascinates me, and I enjoy the deliriant experience. That's all I was trying to get at. Perhaps someone else might enjoy it too.

I understand where you're coming from HerrSchnaufer. For a while the high dose benedryl experience fascinated me and I tried it four times. I never had an unpleasant experience but I also never thought it was very much fun, so I don't plan to try it again ever. But there really is something quite unique about how it affects you, causing you to essentially dream while awake. There's a fine balance of dosage you have to find for yourself, though. I was unsatisfied with the level of hallucinations I was having my first two experiences, so I tried 650mg and during that experience I would appear in rooms in my house with no idea how I got there. When I woke up the next morning I found out I had done some strange things during the night (hung up my clothes I was wearing on the towel racks in the bathroom, for example). It's a good thing I didn't do anything dangerous, therein lies the problem with deliriants. Another interesting thing is that in the bathroom, I remember zoning out, and then experiencing a moment of terror when I saw that there was another strange person in the room with me. After a bit I was able to figure out that it was my reflection in the mirror, but it was very difficult for me to understand that the person I saw in the mirror was actually me.

I've found that the comedown of a large amount of pure MDMA combined with weed and perhaps a tad of sleep deprivation has a lot in common with the deliriant state. Thought patterns turning into dream conversations resulting in eventually responding out loud to something nonexistent, suddenly bringing you back to reality to realize you were dreaming and hallucinating while awake. And then the cycle repeats...

While on the subject, I've found that MDMA comedowns combined with weed can give me legitimate hallucinations, not just the visual patterning and fractals that traditional psychedelics give. I've seen objects that were clearly not there, and had to do a double-take before I realized I was just hallucinating.

Last edited:
I've found that the comedown of a large amount of pure MDMA combined with weed and perhaps a tad of sleep deprivation has a lot in common with the deliriant state. Thought patterns turning into dream conversations resulting in eventually responding out loud to something nonexistent, suddenly bringing you back to reality to realize you were dreaming and hallucinating while awake. And then the cycle repeats...

Haha, that reminds me of a mate of mine who was coming down from some humungous dose of MDMA and lotsa ketamine, smoking pot- all of a sudden he shouted out "Just chop his fucken head off!!"....apparently he was "watching" one of those gruesome jihadist-beheading clips in his mind. Scared the fucking shit out of me :D

True hallucinations as per obtained with anti-cholinergics I think are not fun/recreational, hardly possible to investigate cause of the confusion and delusion and pretty dangerous - stay away.

Though that wasn't necessarily the idea of OP I guess...

It's a tricky thing getting derealization on psychedelics, since in my experience that is needed to see something that really is not there. You have to be in a fundamentally altered state to accept such a fucked up thing...

Even on really die-hard trips I have a sense of what's actually happening and what is not, although real truth starts to liquefy and blend from sheer relativity. So you can either accept that seeing leprechauns is only what misinformed people understand tripping to be about, or try getting derealized.

A blast of DMT by the way, is so powerful that it should meet your standards - I'd say it goes beyond any preconceived standard and it doesn't cease to amaze me. Instant impossibility unfolding before you, in you.

Apart from that doing nitrous oxide on top of LSD has gotten me pretty reliable derealization but this too is on the verge of too much for me.
For about 5 minutes I experience stuff that is IMPOSSIBLE so it's also impossible for me to relativate and thus: process.

Tread gently.

500mgs is really high as a starting dose - dont try this alone incase you get sleepy as this could make you physically sick.

A lot of the OTC products need to be taken at high dose to get the same effects that LSD, mushrooms, DMT and a whole range of other drugs could produce at a much lower dose.