View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I want to hallucinate, dammit

ganja god

Bluelighter
When I was a little kid, undergoing the brainwash of my fourth grade D.A.R.E. class, I distinctly remember thinking about how cool it would be to hallucinate. Even the biased descriptions of the propaganda films we watched only resulted in me knowing that someday, I was going to trip. Well now I'm an experienced psychonaut, but despite all the drugs I have taken, I still haven't seen any of the rainbow patterns or kaliedescope vision that I wanted to. That's not to say that I haven't had valuable experiences though. I have had some major visual distortions, especially with shrooms (i.e. movement in peripheral vision, liquid rippling effect, breathing walls etc.) but I have yet to see something that litteraly isn't there. My question is, what drugs do I need to try, how much, and are some people just naturally resistant to hallucinations? If I have had valuable learning experiences on drugs, is it juvenile of me to want to trip just for kicks?

Try being in a very dark room or closing your eyes for a min then opening them maybe

Howdy and welcome to BL :)

Firstly what drugs have you taken?

I've done shrooms, LSD, San Pedro (which only gave me a slight alcohol like feeling), Salvia just chewing the leaves, and molly. Several times I thought I might have had closed eye visuals, but afterward I can never tell if I just pictured those things in my mind, or if I actually saw them.

what do you mean pictured them in your mind or actually saw them? if you saw them you saw them :p

When I was a little kid, undergoing the brainwash of my fourth grade D.A.R.E. class, I distinctly remember thinking about how cool it would be to hallucinate. Even the biased descriptions of the propaganda films we watched only resulted in me knowing that someday, I was going to trip. Well now I'm an experienced psychonaut, but despite all the drugs I have taken, I still haven't seen any of the rainbow patterns or kaliedescope vision that I wanted to. That's not to say that I haven't had valuable experiences though. I have had some major visual distortions, especially with shrooms (i.e. movement in peripheral vision, liquid rippling effect, breathing walls etc.) but I have yet to see something that litteraly isn't there. My question is, what drugs do I need to try, how much, and are some people just naturally resistant to hallucinations? If I have had valuable learning experiences on drugs, is it juvenile of me to want to trip just for kicks?

I can tottally relate here,

The first hallucinogen I tried was 2ci. Turns out all those drug movies and trippy movies were all glorifications aimed at appealing the masses. I was very dissappointed at how fleeting the images were. I could see them, but could not discribe, understand , or remember fully them.
after some time I came to the conclusion that I was expecting to 'see' with my eyes, and that really when I recall and describe my hallucinations Im guilty of exagerating to simplify describing them. if you know what I mean?

I have hallucinated the most on LSD. distortions and patterns were very much integrated into objects and their surounding colours/textures.

long nights of mutli dosings of ketamine and MJ left me in a very colourful world of CEV. that required no effort to see their simple repeating abstract patterns.

and try to use your imagination a bit. try experimenting with focusing your eyes, light/darkness, sensory deprivation

Man i had some pretty full on visuals the first time i did mushies.

People with 2 heads, 10 eyes, people constantly dieing. Was awesome... all you need to do is take a big dose(i think i took about 15 mushies worth in tea)

Hiiiiiigherrrr dooooosssse

Seconded, on lower dose LSD all I get is a warping of my surroundings and a sort of fish-eye effect. Take it up a higher dose and I start seeing patterns everywhere, and even higher and I start to see things like the Road below me swirling into blackness.

I dont really get "true" hallucinations very often, and ive never known them to be very common. Its almost always a distortion of something there, very rarely something entirely on its own. The only thing i can think of right now was laying in my bed in the dark on 3 hits of lsd and seeing a wormhole come out of my ceiling onto me, like donnie darko kind of..

but yea, not common for me

Well for seeing something that is not actually there... deliriants will do it, thats a category of drugs i stay away from.... Im not a fan of being chased by huge spiders, or looking over in bed and see im laying in bed with the girl from the ring....

Higher doses, different substances/combinations of different substances, different environments....

LSD tends to warp things for me, i also get noticeable color shifts during the day... like the sky being purple and blue....

Mushrooms for me tend to make things shift and move....

DMT (not breaking through) tends to result in a little bit of things melting.

2c-i + MDMA. This one was far different in visual character than anything else i have ever tried.... Its difficult to describe in any way that really makes any sense.

I second the 2ci/MDMA combo. I have never had visuals as powerful as I've had with those two combined. Almost overwhelming.

Take more, and I find that if my thinking isn't sent into overdrive, and I can relax, the visuals come more plentifully. I recommend LSD if you want rainbows and kaleidoscopic vision %)

EDIT: or you could go for something like 2C-B, which I think is the most visual one I have tried

Last edited:
I second the 2ci/MDMA combo. I have never had visuals as powerful as I've had with those two combined. Almost overwhelming.

That combo was done at a rave... Lol yea, overwhelming is one word to describe it....

You dont have to overdo it, take an amount of MDMA that was have you rolling pretty well, enough to get eye wiggles and whatnot.... and regular to low amount of 2c-i to start out.... I did 10mg and it was crazy...

The visuals from the combo are very much different than anything else i have ever seen. I got the feeling reality was falling apart around me and all i could do was melt into a chair....

I would have loved to have done a hit of nitrous, my god that would have been insanity....

The only true hallucinations I've ever had was the first time I ate shrooms. I was 15 and ate 4g of some good caps and stems. I remember my mom had mulitple heads and I couldn't figure out which one was the real one and which were hallucinations so I wwent upstairs. My room is a brown color with some green in it, and it seemed like I was in a jungle or forest or something with all the patterns going on. When I saw my dog (rottweiler/german shepard mix) I thought she was a wolf. About an hour later I saw Jesus and he told me the plan of salvation, and I watched like a sort of video of the future, and even what heaven was like....The only problem was when I was done tripping I couldn't remember anything I saw or heard, I jsut remembered the experience.

Since then all my trips have only been visual distortions and patterning, no true hallucinations, and that's been with high doses (i.e +10g shrooms or +500ug of LSD) so idk why it does or doesn't happen.

on LSD I'm definetly seeing stuff that isn't there....

-Complex fractals that are unwinding to the center of the universe
-objects becoming parts of other objects and being unrecognizable.
- Peoples faces are completely warping to utter unrecognizable alien-like people when you stare at them. And the morphing never ends, it's an infinite loop of creation
-walls are completely melting, moving, being laid with archetypical patterns

All of these patterns and visual distortions of reality seem to be charged with energy and we are connected to it.

How is that not hallucinating!

It's more than the visual too, LSD has "feeling" type hallucinations too.

Maybe the term hallucinating is bad....hmmm. The psychedelic experience is so much more

Best visuals ever where from paper acid hits back in high school.

I loved how the wooden walls with the swirls and wood knots looked like liquid.

I havent seen acid for a while. :( Would be sooo nice to trip again.