Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Family Guy

I was a little bit disappointed, but mostly because my expectations were RIDICULOUSLY high.

I would rank this episode as somewhat-below-average (30th percentile, perhaps) for all Family Guy episodes, but still 98th to 99th percentile for all comedy on television.

Thanks for the heads up, Petersko. :)

I really liked it. I mean, yeah, some of the jokes were a bit over the top simply to be over the top but overall it was just as quality as the other Family Guy episodes.

I thought it was a great episode. I watched it a week before it went on and again on fox. Not the best, but still damn good. American Dad I'm not sure what to think of it.

I thought it was great. Especially considering I, at first, built it up so high and then realized - "hey it just may suck after all this time, so I had better not expect very much". I was not disappointed.... FG is still quality.

I fucken loved it, most I've laughed at a new tv show in a looooong time. You guys have to realize it takes a bit for a tv show to get going and for the writers to start really hitting their marks...even though the FG has been on air, it's still been a long break in writing the episodes. I have nothing but faith in this show now, it will get better and build on an already solid foundation.

Cartoon Network and TBS will both air the new FG 11 days after they are shown. GriftyMcGrift, CN doesn't have a right to air them, FOX just realized if it wasn't for the success on that network FG would not be back in production. FOX is showing gratitude to that network. And if for some reason FOX ends up cancelling FG, the ~33 episodes that are already being promised will at the very least be made and shown on CN and TBS, even if they are never aired on FOX. FOX realizes the FG makes them a ton of money in the DVD/merchandising field, so even if the rating never pan out FOX will keep new episodes in production just so they can sell you guys more stuff, hence why they will air on CN/TBS no matter what.

American Dad seems kinda cool, but personally I'd rather Seth just keep his jokes for FG. And the Simpsons are just painful to watch now. It is one of my alltime favorite shows, but someone needs to take it behind the barn and shoot it. I think somewhere around season 10/11 they really started to suck, I just remember season 9 being one of the last really funny ones (just cause it had Mojo the helper monkey).

I can't remember the last time I actually planned to sit down and watch a tv show, but I'm just glad the FG delivered.

I had to bump this to give Family guy props for tonight! I was disappointed last week but this was great!

The condom joke was by far the best :)

Last edited:
Teacher: "What do you see?"
Chris: "Ummm... two D's and an F?"

And the Donny and Marie Osmond in bed bit was priceless.

American Dad pulled it out a lot better this time. Still the ugly cousin to Family Guy, but some genuine laughs in there. The stripper brawl was great. He's about to get knifed by one and he throws a dollar bill to distract her? Gold.

New episode tonight was fucking hilarious "My name is gary, i'm 28 years young and I LOVE POT."

I downloaded this one when I got home from work last night...good stuff! It really seems like they managed to pick up where they left off.

While I agree that the original run of Family Guy compares favorably to the latter years of the Simpsons (seasons 11 - 15), I disagree that the new Family Guy episodes have been better than this season's Simpsons.

The judgment day episode from last night definitely was better than the Family Guy about Chris's teacher. I feel like Family Guy has less characterization and less plot, and instead relies on name dropping and pop culture references that, while funny, don't stand the test of time like the Simpsons has and will.

Just my humble two coppers...

All I know is I didn't laugh at a single joke in the whole new hour of Simpsons.

And I can count on one hand the number of times I've laughed at the Simpsons in the last few years.

You actually liked the rapture episode?

Actually, the characterization you mention is where the Simpsons has fallen flat on its face. The characters have become cardboard inserts. Lenny and Carl, for instance, are not characters at all anymore. They pop in for one line (usually a bad joke) and vanish.

^I definitely agree. It makes me very sad to watch a once great show splutter out before my very eyes. :(

^ Agreed. They tamed it down for the 'kiddies', less drug references and abstract humor. Still got me a few laughs though, and I really love the LEGACY of simpsons. I just hope they either stop production of the crappy new productions, or bump up the writing quality. We need conan back on the writing team!!!!

Family Guy feature length film!

There is a family guy MOVIE coming out sometime in the near future. It stars stewie and will be a direct to DVD release. If anyone else has pictures, comments, or information please post it up. I can't wait!

ps. In side news the simpsons have already come out with a movie that was also direct to DVD. I saw the cover and it had aliens or some shit on it, the guy at hollywood was all exasperated when I asked about it because apparently people had been asking all day.. Any info ? Post it up...

i've heard that for 2 years... still nothing yet, i'm just not holding my breath anymore.