• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [DXM Subthread] First Plateau Trips

Regarding amphetamines and DXM - do not co bine these under any circumstances. The risk for serotonin syndrome is very real.

This extends to MDMA even moreso... this could potentially be fatal and will most certainly be tremendously dangerous.

And likewise with SSRIs... the chance of serotonin syndrome is far too great. Serotonin syndrome is extremely serious and can be fatal, and at the very least will be very unpleasant and unsafe.

Do you guys prefer taking DXM through the syrup, or with the cough gels? Since I'm turning 18 here soon I'm probably going to pick some up, and take around a 300mg dose.

I tried DXM like a year ago, and didn't enjoy it much. It made me really nauseas, but didn't seem to do much of anything else.

Maybe I'll wait a few months to use it with some bud (i'm taking a break from smoking currently).

I think either way works fine. I hate the syrup, and I can handle swallowing 40 friggin pills.

The Gels just take a little longer to kick in, but they go down pretty easy. You can handle 6 or so at a time if you want they are not that big.

Xorkoth said:
Regarding amphetamines and DXM - do not co bine these under any circumstances. The risk for serotonin syndrome is very real.

I assume the same is true for Methylphenidate as well, since it is a stimulant? I am a daily user of Ritalin and would like to know if it is safe to dose DXM when I have taken Ritalin during the day. (never after 4pm tho)

Xorkoth said:
And likewise with SSRIs... the chance of serotonin syndrome is far too great. Serotonin syndrome is extremely serious and can be fatal, and at the very least will be very unpleasant and unsafe.

What about Tramadol or a Tricyclic Antidepressant like Amitriptyline (Elavil)? I use both of them daily as well and want to be sure there are no interactions with DXM which I have only taken twice so far.

I took 225 mg of DXM a few days ago and found that it made me very social and outgoing, is this a normal thing when you are taking DXM? Sorry about all these questions but that's what this thread is for I guess. ;)

Peace o/

Tramadol and DXM would be very dangerous to take together for the same basic reason that SSRIs are. Tramadol is actually pretty dangerous to combine with a lot of things... you should always assume tramadol will be dangerous to combine unless you discover otherwise, just to be safe. This is because it both acts partially as an SSRI and as well as lowers your seizure threashold.

I've been searching and haven't found much so I'll ask..
Whats a good dose for first plateau, weighting 145 pounds, on an empty stomach?
I tried 1.5mg/kg (I think its mg/kg?) but I'm not sure if this dose caused me to be happy and feel great or the short burst of first plateau from another set of pills I took about 20 mins before the 'happy burst', which lasted about 10 mins.
Can anyone relate to effects felt at first plateau as whats stated on erowid's DXM Faq? Just so I know this happiness wasn't in my head? Since it was such a short burst... Thanks

Honestly I hardly count it as legit.

Basically I dont feel much until 2.5-3mg/kg. I get a buzz, im happy, feeling loose. Thats about it. Big deal lol. Although it should be what you do for the maiden voyage, the ship has many more places to go to :)

I dont do anything less than 6mg/kg anymore ever.

Xorkoth: Thanks for the warning, I really appreciate it. :)

Roboitch anyone?

So who suffers from the dreaded Robo-itch?

I personally DO NOT. And I'm glad for it. My friend gets it something terrible. Like he was red all over the next day. Kinda turned him off dex for a while.

Has anyone found a cure or some way to avoid it? I've noticed hitting up an anti-histamine seems to assist the situation. Cause I gave a couple to a friend and he had no issues.

Feedback please!

On higher dosages I get it mainly while coming up. Never tried using anti-histamines to stop the itch.

Yeah I had some store brand allergy med pills. Just had this one ingredient, tiny little pills too.

I had a friend take two before dosing the dex, no itch and no negatives.

Also the guy I know that suffers from it bad, one time we did nyquil which has doxy succinate in it. That stuff is also an Anti-histamine and makes you sleepy. He never itched that trip, although the dosage was lower.

I've fortunately never experienced it.

Me too thankfully. I havent done this awful stuff in about 3 years and about 5 years ago id get effects close to that of MDMA but more trippy, I used to love it but then I nearly OD'd on a very small amount and had seizures and stuff so I only did it once after that and it sucked. But no I never got the itch but I know its very common and I hear taking 1 or 2 drammamine or similar anti-histamine helps but no more or you will be sorry, believe me.

a couple benadryl when you take it will help alot. When something causes an anti histamine release take an anti histamine.

Okay, a long time ago, I tried DXM. It was nice, but had a horrible, Opiate like, constant itching on my scalp and back. A couple years after that, I tried it again. I was on an SSRI at the time. I had a drastically stronger but amazing experience. It would last for days, and it was almost completely mental. Small doses would get me very introspected and the world would seem drastically different. There was no itching involved. I kept doing it and ended up having some bad interactions and ending up in the hospital. A year after all of that, long after I was off meds, I tried again.. The itching was back. Can anyone explain why it would cause such an opiate like response with the itching, or any way to help fix/help it?

Thanks.

^^ I think it causes production of histamine, which makes you itchy. I'm sure that taking a bit of antihistamine beforehand would help (Claritin?).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the hydrobromide form that most over-the-counter DXM is in is the worst for this. Doing an extraction and converting it to DXM citrate or some other salt might help, although it depends on your willingness to take on a little bit of a project.

^^ I think it causes production of histamine, which makes you itchy. I'm sure that taking a bit of antihistamine beforehand would help (Claritin?).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the hydrobromide form that most over-the-counter DXM is in is the worst for this. Doing an extraction and converting it to DXM citrate or some other salt might help, although it depends on your willingness to take on a little bit of a project.

The most recent time included a full agent Lemon extraction.
Still, the itching.. It was not as severe but still there.

I haven't tried anti-histamines...