• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [DXM Subthread] First Plateau Trips

at the time I was 180lbs and in really good shape, probably like 8% bodyfat.
(I dont know if dosage relies purely on mass or if it is affected by body composition as well)

yeah, i weigh around 235 and I'm in decent shape, not great though. I'm not sure about fat % or BMI either, but I'm thinking I should be safe at an even gram?

yeah you should be, but as BL is a harm reduction I can't really suggest doing much more than that....now if I was there doing it with you I would probably be the jackass saying dude lets just a shitload and see where it takes us lol

I do distinctly remember OD'ing at 1400mg, which after that I think really lowered my tolerance/seizure threshold and consequently I ODed at 1200mg about a week later...after 2 serious ODs in a week, I thought it was time to take a brake for a while

btw, in what form are you consuming your DXM? Syrup, Gel Caps, HCl Powder? Just wondering

Well I actually have 600mg in gelcap form and 782mg in Zicam Spray form. My plan, unless you suggest otherwise, is to take both Zicams at 782mg total and then take 14 Gelcaps for another 210 mg.... Totalling 992. maybe take 15 Gelcaps for a grand total of 1007mg... Just over a gram. What do you think?

DXM question you have there? May I divert your attention to the DXM Thread, perchance? ;)

Actually, I'll just wave my swirlstick and whisk it over there now with my mod magic :)

How much would you suggest for a first timer? 600mg? I'm looking for a somewhat magical/spiritual/insightful experience, not just getting high.

Try a sample dose of 100 mg or so first before indulging in DXM. Around 7% of the (white?) population have an enzyme deficiency which causes them to trip very hard and for a long time on DXM. Around one third of the people who try DXM like it, at least I have read that somewhere on these forums. :)

BTW also calculate your DXM dosages in mg per kg of bodyweight: I weigh around 60 kg so knowing that a first plateau trip is around 2.5 mg/kg and a second from 2.5 to 7.5 mg/kg. After that is the third plateau which you seem to be aiming for judging by your post. A fourth plateau or even a plateau sigma trip would likely freak you out since you are still a stranger to DXM yet IMHO...

So first plateau for me is 60 kg x 2.5 mg/kg = 150 mg. Second is between 150 mg and 450 mg for me. For a third plateau trip I would need something like 7.5 to 10 mg/kg so that's 60 kg x 10 mg/kg = 600 mg maximum for me. The less you weigh, the less DXM HBr you need <--- very simple and somewhat safer IMHO since it's about the mg/kg and not the total amount of DXM / DXO present. :)

Have fun in the dextroverse and write a trip report for us ok? ;)

Peace o/

That's perfect! The bottle I just bought has 711mg of DXM total, so figure 100 to test it out, and (hopefully) about 600 to take it for a full ride. It's like they know they have a tripper customer base!

Should I feel anything on 100mg (assuming I don't have an enzyme defficiency)?

Thanks everyone for your input....what a beautiful day! I need to go read outside...

EDIT: I weigh about 120 pounds (52.3 kilograms) I'm 19.

I don't know how 100 mg feels as I have never tested myself really to check if I had a enzyme defficiency, stupid I know but I was not aware of that when I first tried DXM about 1,5 - 2 years ago. Thanks to Bluelight I was able to help you now though so yet again +1 for HR ;) =D

Knowledge = power and me = currently on 320 mg DXM and writing a tripreport maybe if it gets interesting enough to let the world know about my good second plateau trip (ATM)... =D :D :)

Maybe I am going to smoke some weed now, never tried it on DXM... ...yet :)

Peace o/

Mini-mini trip report:

I Dosed about 110mg at 11:10pm (a coincidence, I swear)

And then tried to go to sleep. My state of consciousness was very undefinable for 12-2, then here I am, awake telling you that I am definitely feeling the DXM, I love this state. I feel like I can examine stuff in my life. It actually seems bent toward self-healing, or maybe I'M bent on self-healing. Anyway, Stuff is breathing. Reality, my thoughts, all is coming in waves, like breathing, and very musical. I feel like I am expanding my musical mind, and I can hear musicality in my mind. I am certainly altered, and I kind of feel Dexter's presence, but I'm not like hallucinating.

ANYway, what plateau is this? If I feel this much from 110mg, should I worry about any enzyme defficiency? (besides lactase, I do lack that, curse you lactose intolerance)

I am finding out now that I felt so much because I'm such a lightweight! (52kg) Maybe I'll just go with 300 next time...

Last edited:
hmm i've never tried a first plateau either, my first dose was 800mg, and i went up to 1200mg, but neveer a low dose, i was really looking for the dissociative effects like ketamine...

DXM safety question

Okay so my friend wants to try DXM. He is determined to try an upper plateau so I was doing the calculations to figure out how much he needs and it is a huge number and I just want to make sure this is safe for him. He weights 318 so to have 10 mg/kg that would come out to 1440 mg. This seems like a ridiculous number but at his weight is it safe to do this? I just want to make sure before he does it that he will be fine.
thanks

Okay so my friend wants to try DXM. He is determined to try an upper plateau so I was doing the calculations to figure out how much he needs and it is a huge number and I just want to make sure this is safe for him. He weights 318 so to have 10 mg/kg that would come out to 1440 mg. This seems like a ridiculous number but at his weight is it safe to do this? I just want to make sure before he does it that he will be fine.
thanks

if he hasn't done a test dose before (say, 100mg's), don't do 1440 mg's. If he has the enzyme deficiency, he'll probably be dead in a short time on 1440.

After 100, I'd say to move up slowly. A first time DXM trip at 1440 mg's (even for a 300 pound man) could be dangerous.

1440 is a ridiculous dose. i weighed 290 when i started. i had mad trips at 600-700mg. 1.4 grams would leave about a 6 hour blackout during the peak, and take two full days before i was completely down, and able to even walk straight. hitting a gram or higher is just punishment and mental confinement.

I enjoy 1st plateau DXM trips very much. It has some similarities to MDMA, but it doesn't come anywhere near being a 'replacement'.

It's hard to tell what amount of DXM will give a person a 1st plateau experience. I believe it's the hardest plateau to hit. I'm 6'2", 155lbs and I need about 50-75mg for the 1st plateau. I know other people that can take 300mg and not feel anything. It has more to do with the enzymes in your body than your height and weight.

Ephedrine, pseudoephedrine and/or caffeine seem to really make the 1st plateau much more enjoyable. It's still one of my favorite things to do for a social setting where I don't want to be so wasted I can't even communicate properly, etc.

Isnt 50 mg the standard dose for a common cough/cold? correct me if im wrong, im just recalling the other day when i had a cough and there was a measurement thing on the side and i filled it up to 50 mg and didnt get an ounce of any type of alteration of the mind.

DXM Syrup question

Now I've experimented with DXM cough syrup such as Robitussin DX which is only DXM and things have worked out quite well except for the taste or more the nausea.

I have tried Syrup and Coca-Cola which was hard to get down and the nausea was quite uncomfortable and resulted in a couple short bouts of dry heaving and thoughts of death. (which was fine but sort of uncomfortable as you could imagine)

I was wondering is there is something you can mix the syrup into that would be a better alternative to drinking it straight? perhaps something as neutral as water? or juice perhaps?

I was also thinking of low 20-50ml doses of the syrup in big glasses of juice which would be sipped over the period of an hour and refilled with the same mixture until the correct dose has been reached.

Any input would be appreciated.