• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [DXM Subthread] First Plateau Trips

delta_9 said:
^Depends on what other active ingrediants are in it. Dont take anything that's isn't ONLY dxm.
The Nyquil has acenominophen, dxm, and the antitussive in it I believe. I haven't taken anything in large qualities because it has all of those drugs in it. But it does have the dxm.

You could use it in addition to dxm only products just as a few extra mgs of dxm, but I wouldn't use more than 2 doses of it.
What are the dosages btw? How many mg/mL of each substace?

trying dxm

Me and my friend have recently been thinking of trying DXM. We have looked into it a lot and we have found out we have to buy Robotussin Cough Long Acting.

How much do you think we should take?
Bearing in mind me and my friend have taken psychedelics like LSD and Ket quite alot.

Peace.

6.5-7mg/kg is a pretty good dose. Have you both taken DXM at therapeutic levels before? If not, eat ~90mg and see how you feel. If you feel intoxicated at all from that, you've got a liver enzyme deficiency and shouldn't take DXM.

Usually one 4oz bottle of Robotussin Maximum Strength Cough is good enough for beginners. However what ever DXM containing syrup you decide to purchase your best bet is to go with the generic brand such as CVS Tussin. The reason I say this is because it is half the price of name brand Robotussin and is much more liquidy making it easier to drink. Have fun and be safe%)

come up usually starts 45 minutes on an empty stomach. the longest it's taken before I started feeling the dose was 2 hours.

i usually feel kind of warm in the face and "eyes," and a slight dizziness. and when I'm sitting or laying down, it'll feel like i'm sitting farther back then I really am. hopefully a feeling of contentedness or warm comfort starts spreading through your body too... but sometimes that part misses. also, it'll start taking effort to focus your eyes. I reccomend just leaving them unfocused, or using just 1.

the body load is generally pretty heavy compared to other drugs, so that turns a lot of people off. the body effects are strongest at 2nd plateau, and start getting better at 3rd plateau (well, you can't feel them any longer). you'll feel like a zombie or alien in your body, which can be pretty fun or at least interesting.

your mileage will vary. stay safe.

I took 2,5mg/kg yesterday and felt very stoned, I'm going to try a double dosage some time since the body buzz felt very nice :)

Gonna wait a few weeks since I have ordered HBWR seeds and salvia leaves and should get them next week =D

i thought the body buzz was the best thing ever for a while, but now my tastes are changed.

i recently went on a dxm trip of an intensity i haven't felt in a while. grapefruit juice seriously, seriously, powers this stuff. anyways, i'm adding this post to say that some naseau on the come up is typical for newer users, but usually goes away when the peak hits... and with a little tolerance, goes away completely. so expect some transient nauseau on your comeups. i have to be honest.

benifits of extacting DXM

i've read about this extracting DXM thing on the dextroverse website... my question is why go through all of that? to me it seems so pointless... but yeah, there must be some reason, otherwise noone would do it.

Because most DXM based cough syrups taste horrible, and many of them contain sorbitol which really fucks up your stomach. I for one could never drink enough cough syrup to get a decent effect from DXM.

Besides, it works better extracted.

I did read that DXM guide on erowid but its been a while. When you ingest the extraction, do you experience that nausea that you get from the syrups, or is that 100% from the non medicinal ingredients?

cuz that would be the obvious pro then

on the dextroverse site it says it tastes as foul as ordinary robitussin would... yeah well thats why i want to know if theres a big benefit that i havent thought of yet.

maybe it works quicker or since because of its purity its gives a boost to the trip. i dunno

DXM help. What to do?

Been researching DXM a good bit and went and got some Robitussin Cough. Yes, it only contains DXM.(15 mg per 5 ml tsp) Anyways checked Erowid for some dosage info and it said 100-200 mg was a light dose and 200-400 mg was a common dose andwhat not. So never taken DXM before I just drank about 270 mg worth of Robo. I guess this is a kinda high dose for fist time? Not feeling shit. Not trying to dick size, just want help. Through my readings it has said to not drink alot your first time so I don't really think drinking more is a good idea as I have passed the "common" dose. I'm looking to get high, suggestions anyone?

Drinking more has always been a bad idea in my book; always led to vomiting and not much more of a high (in my friends, I don't touch the stuff).

DXM questions belong in PD, I'll shift this there for you.

OD===>PD

jmaaan said:
Been researching DXM a good bit and went and got some Robitussin Cough. Yes, it only contains DXM.(15 mg per 5 ml tsp) Anyways checked Erowid for some dosage info and it said 100-200 mg was a light dose and 200-400 mg was a common dose andwhat not. So never taken DXM before I just drank about 270 mg worth of Robo. I guess this is a kinda high dose for fist time? Not feeling shit. Not trying to dick size, just want help. Through my readings it has said to not drink alot your first time so I don't really think drinking more is a good idea as I have passed the "common" dose. I'm looking to get high, suggestions anyone?

Take into consideration that dissociatives are weight Dependant... You need to first tell us how much you weigh.

hmm... i way around 130 too. my first time i took a whole bottle of robotussin cough gells (i think 200mg... maybe 300mg). it got me way fucked up but i puked for 2 or 3 hours... never tripped on it again. not a very fun drug IMO.

you aren't on any medications are you? maybe something you're taking is blocking the effects.

Deadhead420 said:
hmm... i way around 130 too. my first time i took a whole bottle of robotussin cough gells (i think 200mg... maybe 300mg). it got me way fucked up but i puked for 2 or 3 hours... never tripped on it again. not a very fun drug IMO.

you aren't on any medications are you? maybe something you're taking is blocking the effects.

Robo cough gels make me sick as hell.

OP: 270mg should be a great 1st time dose for your weight.

if somebody has access to pure DXM HBr, do you think that person would find enjoyment out of it if he also really likes the ketamine body feeling, etc. This person is looking for pure recreation, nothing intense or anything (he thinks maybe moderate doses is where he'll stay).

IE is DXM recreational in your opinion? (with a little ganja perhaps).