• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Do you find that eating kills your weed high?

Does eating kill your weed high?

• Yes, eating does kill my weed high

Votes: 339 53.1%
  • No, eating does not kill my weed high

Votes: 299 46.9%

• Total voters
My opinion has always been that time just passes as you eat, this causes marijuana's effects to decrease.

You guys are missing out then, eating while stoned is the one of the best things you can experience in life.

It's one of the biggest parts of the whole experience.

i get the munchies like a bitch. and when i do eat, i do come down a little. but i usually smoke after i eat too.

StagnantReaction said:
Yes.. I would say it generally dulls it. Certain wheat products have something in it (niacin?) that kills a weed high effectively. But if you eat something like chocolate, that can potentiate the high and boost it.

Also, when on an empty stomach I get a lot higher to begin with.
niacin is a metabolism booster, so i can see that. cigarettes mildly potentiate the effect

not 4 me i am glad to say... but then again weed is just the same as food in my eyes, i smoke and i eat never really stoped to mesure how much i mighta come down just smoke more or eat more acordingly.. i found water to mke me straight real quick though, drinkin it and especialy swimmin in tha ocean seem to be the main offenders.

I think the only reason people say this is because the munchies really start to kick in towards the end of your high anyway.

Eating almost always severely dulls or completely kills my high. I have been a daily smoker for about 3 years now, so maybe it has something to do with my high tolerance. I know when I first started smoking, food had no effect whatsoever on my high. I just really, really liked eating, lol.

What about certain foods that are rumored to decrease your high? I've heard that foods/beverages containing Vitamin C does this...but don't know if it's true.

yes definiltley kills it alittle, especially if i eat junk food, or a big meal. but if i eat like fruit or sour candy the high is not deadened at all.

If i eat alot then I usually burn out pretty good. Like super sleepy/sloth-like state but really doesn't effect the high cutting off short but just cause the crash to be harder.

I usually don't get the munchies when I'm high. When I do, it's often because I was drinking as well. Eating a lot usually does lower my buzz a little bit, but it's worth it because food is so damn enjoyable on pot or booze or both.

This is odd.

I just felt weird for leaving this comment on this thread literally two minutes ago...

What kills your high?

CII~360 said:
Oh I LOVE drama. That just makes my buzz even better.
...but for some reason eating has always been a buzz kill for me.
Never understood why.

I thought I was the only one...then this thread popped up at the top of my list.

Werd.

For me, eating is like a climax. After eating so much food while baked, my taste senses go crazy. (I get into eating my food!)

Basically, after I finish, everything else is less intense.

I find if i've got the munchies and eat, it doesn't really kill my buzz, but if I just eat normally when im high it will kill it. Such a shame :X

eating doesnt kill my high personally... I smoke, do whatever and as its wearing off is when I get the munchies. I'll eat like a champ for about 45 minutes making all kinds of crazy food and usually unthinkable combinations like cool whip with fruitloops.. I usually only smoke at night tho so its like part of my routine, smoke - do something - eat - pass out

i always found tha munchies hit towars tha end of the weed high, then ud just smoke more anyways, by the end i wasnt really getting high anyways, thusly have quit. thinkin one cone wuld blow my socks off right about now=D