• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Do you find that eating kills your weed high?

Does eating kill your weed high?

• Yes, eating does kill my weed high

Votes: 339 53.1%
  • No, eating does not kill my weed high

Votes: 299 46.9%

• Total voters
eating definitely reduces the intensity of my high so i usually try to eat before i smoke. i hate the feeling i get after eating when i'm high. sometimes, i'll go overboard and eat way too much then i feel like utter shit and that's never any fun.

Exaaaactly, man. Don't roll into any hard smoking session on an empty stomach, go in full beforehand.

I like munching out, hardly happens now since it's impossible to find schwag, but it is three things:

A. a waste of money sometimes

B. a waste of time all the time, time that could be spent blazin' another bowl

C. Kills the high and cashes you out

So yeah, I'll munch after I'm done smoking for sure, which is usually right before bed, lol. :D

Man the only thing that makes me come down is time. That and when cops stop to chat with me.

Never heard something like this before. I eat LOTS OF food while baked, just smoked some good sativa and indica for two weeks straight, now I still have huge food tolarence. So no, eating won't kill my high.

I eat a lot when i'm stoned, but when i'm tripping hard with weed, i forget to eat, and when it comes down i eat, and the effect lowers sensibly, i voted yes, but i think it's not a problem ^^ When I smoke hash it's so nice to eat =)

After I smoke, if I eat, It will be the best meal in my life, but as soon as im done eating, I am almost back to baseline. I then will smoke again, then eat again, etc. It's a nasty cycle for me because after the 2nd time eating, I am VERY lethargic. I try not to even take one bite of food while after I smoke, because once you have a taste, you want more.

I think it does!! and it sucks!! like those lil debbie cakes.. so tempting.. I'm like. Ok i just ate lunch, ima get high.. so i go and get blazed, and im hungry! so back to debbie!! mm starcrunchs!!!!! :DDD... i hate it when its my last bowl, im like shit! back to chewing gum lol

It happens to me quite a lot. Very irritating.
Although, you know that you have some HIGH grade when you munch down a whole dinner and are still lean up.

I wish there was a breed out there that didn't come with munchies. When I start coming down I simply MUST eat. The munchies rule my life when I'm smoking. I like the idea of eating first. Usually I blaze after work, before dinner, so that I will feel like eating. I hate getting the munchies, and I know that some of the strains of medicinal herb have given me less munch problems than others. It doesn't matter if I have a ton of weed, because I'll just keep smoking. If I only have enough for one high, I don't want to come down, so I don't want to eat, but the need for food just wrecks into me and I can't avoid it.

Yes. My hypothesis on this is that marijuana is seen as a "poison" by the body and after you smoke your body gets the munchies because it knows that by eating, you will (usually) gain fats that thc and other cannabinoids can be diluted in and hence become less effective. Obviously THC is far from a poison (at least from a medical perspective) however, I'm sure being really stoned and slowed down all the time did not have a positive effect on our ancestors (people who are not stoned have an advantage over you in a pure situation) and hence the "munchies" is a reaction to get THC diluted as much as possible via massive intake of fats.

However, I am slightly drunk when writing this and my hypothesis is only believable if you, someway, understand the concept of evolution or believe in evolution.

Eating while high is one of the most enjoyable things to do while being high, losing my high a little bit to grub on some pizza, chicken wings, or a hamburger is a sacrifice i'm willing to make.

I have a feeling a lot of you guys are munching down on chips because your to lazy to cook yourself a meal. Too much fat and sugar will make you feel like shit. Try getting high and making yourself a nutritious meal. The more you work and effort put into making quality food the better it will make you feel.

BUT if I eat before I get high...no munchies....don't ask me!

that's exactly right. do this and forget about eating half the pantry. or, better yet, cook weed into your food, eat, relax, etc. i never really get munchies after eating Pot.

that's exactly right. do this and forget about eating half the pantry. or, better yet, cook weed into your food, eat, relax, etc. i never really get munchies after eating Pot.

I've gotten some vicious munchies from edibles. Are you sure your eating enough weed?

I've gotten some vicious munchies from edibles. Are you sure your eating enough weed?

haha, maybe i'm not. judging from the last batch where I had to fall asleep before 9pm, i think they were plenty strong. but i eat a LOT of brownies or whatever after eating a decent dinner. the few times i cooked dinner with infused oil were great and virtually munchie-free. idk tho, could just be me.

My friends say that eating food or drinking water, or having any contact with water will kill your high, I never really experienced it though.