• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Do you find that eating kills your weed high?

Does eating kill your weed high?

• Yes, eating does kill my weed high

Votes: 339 53.1%
  • No, eating does not kill my weed high

Votes: 299 46.9%

• Total voters
i haven't paid attention to it but it does distract one from the high. The euphoric buzz only lasts about 45mins at max anyway. Either you smoke more or you comedown to the stoned base-line and just get tired n hungry.

Personally I separate the weed high in 2 segments.
The High- 30mins-1hr of the psychedelic THC buzz with glowing euphoria and smiles :)

The Stone- 45mins after high to 2hrs of the other cannabinoids setting in. Reduced anxiety, hunger, sleepyness.

I only really get hungry on the stone. That's where I become an african child who walks into a grocery on a free day.

Im sorry if that last part was offensive but that's just my dopamine induced asshole thoughts from the caffeine im drinking

What I've found is that if you go very hungry like in fasting from food, not drink, and then smoke bomber after bomber you get higher than usual compared to when you are nourished and smoking the same.
I don't know exactly how that translates to the poll.

Weed stimulates appetite but not in the same way that hunger does.

This is keeping in line with the latest research: there are two mechanisms for appetite stimulation. One of them works through hunger and keeps you from dying in hard times, because it makes you find food before you starve to death when you're already starving. The other mechanism for appetite stimulation works through the neural pathways involving the process of motivation and less is known about it than the first one.
And weed messes with the smoker's process of motivation. Maybe the unknown reasons why some people, stoners or not, eat a lot every day, never go hungry but never stop eating. They're not moved to eat by hunger. Something else is to blame and it's not their metabolism but psychology.
Though hunger is also motivational in itself: it brings 'finding and eating food' to the top of your priorities.

Oh yeah it does, and it's definitely not psychological. I find that heavy dairy products and sugary "foods" (candy, cereal, snacks...) bring me down the most. I like to eat huge bowls of cereal when stoned and it'll really put a dent in my high. I'll still be high, but I'll be way more clearheaded and ready to reach for the bong again.

I don't get the munchies anymore so I eat normally, hell sometimes my stomach starts growling when I'm high from not eating.

When I DID get the munchies they killed my high.

I'm guessing the fact that the munchies make most people want to eat garbage makes it a buzz-kill. Sugar and fast food burgers don't leave you feeling too hot.

I myself never found that eating killed my high, but a friend of mine a month or two ago brought it up, and he was telling me how whenever he ate to much when he was high he would just come down.. i don't know, it's a interesting theory.

Yes, I find when I’m smoking/vaping, even with edibles, if I eat it brings me down. So I usually won’t eat until after I peak/I’m on my way down.

Interesting to read that some people don’t experience this though. I thought it was pretty common, even ELO has a song about it: “[food], don’t bring me down”

Yes, I find when I’m smoking/vaping, even with edibles, if I eat it brings me down. So I usually won’t eat until after I peak/I’m on my way down.

Interesting to read that some people don’t experience this though. I thought it was pretty common, even ELO has a song about it: “[food], don’t bring me down”
am not in the loop much re ELO but there's no fucking way that song is about food killing your weed high, aahaha

edit - a minutes research tells me the word is 'Bruce' not 'food'

tell us some more song lyric meanings, please:ROFLMAO: genuine lol it brightened my day

Ah... no. It makes me forget what I’ve eaten though or that I’m even eating at all.
Ditto. It depends on what time of day it is for me. I could eat but usually I like to wait if I'm fucked up or else I'll wake up later and realize all the food is gone. It's not that I get hungry but if I didn't eat all day then got stoned, I could eat more than I normally do

It doesn't kill it 100%. But will certainly numb it down a bit. I usually try and eat 1st anyway since smoking on an empty stomach is never good.