• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Do you find that eating kills your weed high?

Does eating kill your weed high?

• Yes, eating does kill my weed high

Votes: 339 53.1%
  • No, eating does not kill my weed high

Votes: 299 46.9%

• Total voters
Master P put it so eloquently when he said “Real smokers don’t blow no green on empty stomachs.”

Hah...

Yes indeed it does. In fact, I will take it a step further, and say that being high actually suppresses my appetite these days. Has been doing so for the last couple of years. If I'm high when I have to eat, it always grounds me, and then I have to smoke more when done eating.

But usually, it's just a part of my routine to make sure I eat well before ever smoking out. There's nothing like getting high on a full stomach!

i dont get hungry for a while when i smoke good bud ... i cant even swallow at times .. eating right after smoking... BUZZ KILL..

my brother likes to eat while hes smoking (reggys only) there nasty .. but when he smokes good bud , last thing hes thinking about is food

Eating does not kill my high but I remember being a young adult and I'd come home obviously blazed and my mom would think that if I ate something I'd come down and she'd say, "You're high eat some food!" so I would.

When I first started smoking as a teenager she was not cool with it and we had lots of fights about it but once I was a young adult she realized that I was my own person and I'd been smoking since I was 15 so I wasn't going to change anytime soon and I only did it a few times a month and on weekends so it's not like I was getting blazed daily.

Now I don't smoke at all.

I like to skip lunch on special occasions and then smoke before I go to a nice restaurant. That's always delightful. And I had munchies last night so bad from eating a really strong hash edible that I ate everything I could find, including a couple spoonfuls of brown sugar! (Seriously. That's just bad...)
I'm gonna go smoke right now. Fuck it. My roommate suspects I smoke, but she's totally against it, and seeing as we are both over 50 I don't see why she acts like such an ass about it. I have my medical card. I do prefer the edibles though. Overall, the dispensary near me has the best edibles in California and they get me much higher than smoking ever will.

Yes and no.

If I eat RIGHT after I smoke, then yes.

If I wait at least an hour, then no.

Yes it kills the buzz for most people I'd say. That's because the food is being absorbed by the stomach and into the blood. =D

I found eating helped to bring me down a little bit when I got too high. Ya getting too high isn't really a thing I worry about anymore but when i first started it wasn't always the best.

doing anything while high brings it down cause you're concentrating on one task.

It doesn't kill your high, it distracts you from it. You're still blasted, you're just stuffing food into your damn face hole

Yeah, I usually eat when coming down. Not sure if the eating really brings down the high or if you just get hungry at the tail end of it.

There are certain things which will overtake or dull my high (alcohol being one that immediately comes to mind) but food isn't one of them, IMO

I eat a LOT when i am high.
Hamburgers, tosti's, pizza you name it.
One of the best things is eating fast-food while being high!
It kind of sobers me up but then i just roll another one and repeat the routine ^^

I purposely eat before I smoke so I dont have to smoke again after I eat.

I dont think its a "kill your high" thing though. I think our bodies get habituated to having a smoke after a meal and even if you just smoked before the meal, your body is feeling that urge so hard to smoke again after the meal that youre no longer satisfied by the weed high. Even when Im sober off weed and smoking cigarettes instead, I have to have a cigarette after a meal. Never before.

Eating and taking hot showers both reduce the intensity of my high significantly, but I wouldn't say they kill it completely. Whenever I get that, "Oh shit, I'm way too high right now," feeling, I always have a snack to balance my blood sugar back out and it does seem to feel as if I'm not as high afterward.

Sometimes yes and sometimes no. It does depend on what I eat though.

Kills my weed high = potato chips, dip, burritos, loaded nachos, burgers, fries, pizza, ice cream, chocolate bars, most sweet stuff, milk shakes

Does not kill my weed high = sushi, peanuts, pickles, thai and vietnamese food (what I've tried so far), salad, fruit pieces.

And then there are random moments that don't count (frozen burritos more times than I care to admit....really frozen).

Tom

I think that eating after smoking lowers my buzz a bit, but when I'm stoned as fuhh, this logic is not going to be enough to stop me from eating that entire cheesecake. I usually like to have another bowl lined up for after whatever I scarf down.