• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Defeating the new OC time release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just throwing a couple things out there...from what I can tell from the ingredient lists on the OC and OP formulations, the only new ingredients are polyethylene oxide (Polyox) and butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT). From what I can find online, Polyox is the new gelling agent and BHT is an antioxidant to help stabilize the Polyox(which is oxidatively degradable) for a longer shelf life. So...if Polyox is oxidatively degradable, maybe hydrogen peroxide could completely remove this agent....I haven't been able to do any testing on the OPs but maybe it could work...like I said, just throwing it out there. Also since Polyox, Hypromellose, and polyethylene glycol 400 are all soluble in cold water, couldn't someone just reduce the OP pill to a powder form, mix it with cold water and drink it as a way to defeat this time release? Or maybe disperse the powder in a water-miscible non-solvent first to prevent clumping when introduced to the water?

No such thing as roxyCONTIN you dumbass. If I have to explain why one is called contin and the other isn't, then you're too stupid to even understand.

Can I say I love this thread! It's so entertaining. I used to be shocked at how utterly ignorant some people are of science, logic, and just basic common sense. Now I just find it funny.

Like the group of nutjobs out there that think the 'slim' (slime?) is some kind of barrier to the oxycodone, and there's a little pill hiding in there if you 'scrap the slim' (scrape the slime?) off of it! I hope they're playing the joke on me because people CAN'T be this fucking stupid can they?

For me, the only method that comes close to working so far is to shred/grind the shit out of the OP on a microplane grater. I take that and funnel it into my mouth combined with a little cola. Let it sit/dissolve for about 25 minutes until I don't feel any lumps. Then swallow. I have a high tolerance so it's hard to tell, but this definitely gets me well.

Thanks to the rest of you who are trying to come up with a solvent based extraction. I think it will happen, and when it does, sign me up for a shitload of cheap OPs, because I'll be making a huge batch of powder.

"SCRAP THE SLIM!!!"

there is no srcraping slim , it is simply sucking on the pill to the end ,u will notice a pill with a different consitency in the middle almost size of baby aspirin , the pill is white , will grind down to a fine powder , it still jells , but how much of a line would 80 mg of oxy make ? i am trying different things trying to break it unlike u waiting for it to happen for u , tell u what if the oxy is the little white pill it would save us from dealing with alot of goo , u do not lose anything as u get it all but at very end check it out what u got to lose maybe break it ,u keep waiting maybe if all u waiters tried it would be broke by now

Oh man looks like my help could have been used here earlier. Okay so heres what ive been doing with the ops for a few weeks.
Get some - put in a ziplock bag in the freezer for a little less than an hour - take out - peel off coatings - cut up/crush up (while still cold [It should be a hard yet soft easily crush-able) take powder - grind finely.
This method I have only used for oral applications but it destroys most of the time release

and is relatively easy. If you guys care to expand more on this you may but I just put my powder into a glass with some cold coca cola and down it about 5-10 mins later I can feel most of the 80 doing its job and the rest of it kicks in later.
P.S I find that taking an op 80 orally without any extraction then drinking the cooled 80 IR gives me an amazing high that lasts for a good 6-10 hours. Good luck I will be checking back on this thread to see if anyone has a foolproof safe as hell way to make these ready for iv.

Oh man looks like my help could have been used here earlier. Okay so heres what ive been doing with the ops for a few weeks.
Get some - put in a ziplock bag in the freezer for a little less than an hour - take out - peel off coatings - cut up/crush up (while still cold [It should be a hard yet soft easily crush-able) take powder - grind finely.
This method I have only used for oral applications but it destroys most of the time release

Hey, Bollocks, thank you so much for posting this. I've been looking for a relatively believable method of defeating the time release on the new Purdue oxy's. I recently acquired an OP 80 and was dismayed to learn that it was one of the brand new, seemingly invincible version of the good ol' OxyContin (OC 80's).

Anyway, I realize you explicitly stated that you've used the freezing method to defeat the time-release specifically for oral administration, but I was curious - do you (or anyone else reading this) think that if one were to freeze the pill for an hour, remove it from the freezer and peel off the coating, crush it or shave it by any means necessary (as I understand it, these are exceedingly difficult to break up or even split), and then insufflate the resulting powder would produce good results without the product gelling up too badly in the nose? It occurred to me that this might be effective based on the assumption that the "gelling agent" would still be too cold to properly work. I figure if I can halt the gelling action long enough for the oxy to be absorbed in my nose, then the pill might be as effective (or nearly so) as it's older, standard OC 80 predecessor.

Again, thanks for posting your tried and true method of defeating the time-release; I feel like I can truly trust it because, as you've stated, it has been working for you for some time now; about several weeks, correct?

I read (in this thread, perhaps in another one) that the gelling agent (cant remember the specific name, started with a 'P') is soluble in cold water; what are some thoughts on performing the equivalent of a CWE on the pill? Is there any reason to believe this wouldn't work?

Looking forward to some responses!!

~ vaya

I just had another idea about eliminating this new time release mechanism...it seems that oxycodone has a melting point of 218-220c whereas polyox has a melting point of only 68c. So maybe there's something to the idea of heating the crushed form of this pill...if melting the polyox degrades it enough to stop it from gelling that is.

"I read (in this thread, perhaps in another one) that the gelling agent (cant remember the specific name, started with a 'P') is soluble in cold water; what are some thoughts on performing the equivalent of a CWE on the pill? Is there any reason to believe this wouldn't work?"- Vaya

Vaya...unfortunately I don't think a CWE would work in this case. If im not mistaken, CWEs are used to separate opiates from APAP/aspirin/ibuprofen in the case of pills containing a relatively small ammount of the former and too much of the latter. They work because opiates are readily soluble in cold water and APAP..etc are highly insoluble in cold water. Since polyox is soluble in cold water I'm thinking it would not work. What might work though would be to dissolve the powdered pill in cold water and then boil it until the polyox precipitates and just remove the solids from the mixture(not sure though if any oxycodone would be trapped in the precipitated polyox) or to dissolve in cold water with very high agitation(maybe a small hand mixer?) to create shear degradation in the polyox.

"I read (in this thread, perhaps in another one) that the gelling agent (cant remember the specific name, started with a 'P') is soluble in cold water; what are some thoughts on performing the equivalent of a CWE on the pill? Is there any reason to believe this wouldn't work?"- Vaya

Vaya...unfortunately I don't think a CWE would work in this case. If im not mistaken, CWEs are used to separate opiates from APAP/aspirin/ibuprofen in the case of pills containing a relatively small ammount of the former and too much of the latter. They work because opiates are readily soluble in cold water and APAP..etc are highly insoluble in cold water. Since polyox is soluble in cold water I'm thinking it would not work. What might work though would be to dissolve the powdered pill in cold water and then boil it until the polyox precipitates and just remove the solids from the mixture(not sure though if any oxycodone would be trapped in the precipitated polyox) or to dissolve in cold water with very high agitation(maybe a small hand mixer?) to create shear degradation in the polyox.

Ahhhhh DUH man! (talking to myself ;) ) idk what I was thinking when I posted that. Thanks for pointing that out, Snake!

...I guess I'm so feverish to get the oxy out of this damn pill I'm beginning to lose my senses for what had previously been common knowledge of cold water extractions :! =D

~ vaya

You guys need to catch on!! The topix forum on OP 80's has already solved our problems.

This just worked 100% last night.

1. I grinded up my OP 80 with a hose clamp (it was very hard and hurt my fingers so try to use something better)

2. Spread it out evenly on a ceramic plate

3. Microwave and watch very carefully until the powder is a yellow or gold (mine was about 2:30 and make sure you dont burn it!!!)

4. Let the plate cool for a sec then put it in the freezer for about 10 minutes

5. Scrape that shit up maybe crush it up a little more and snort the shit out of it!!!!!

It does burn a bit more than the old ones, but it worked perfectly for me no bs.

I think I may try that DMac614 whenever I come acoss an OP...it does seem like it would work. Especially since polyox has such a lower melting point compared to oxycodone. I guess it's just a matter of heating it enough but not too much. Glad to hear it worked for you. Vaya, I definitely know what you mean about desperately trying to get the oxy out of these OPs...I never thought I'd be researching polymers in order to get high lol...

You guys need to catch on!! The topix forum on OP 80's has already solved our problems.

This just worked 100% last night.

1. I grinded up my OP 80 with a hose clamp (it was very hard and hurt my fingers so try to use something better)

2. Spread it out evenly on a ceramic plate

3. Microwave and watch very carefully until the powder is a yellow or gold (mine was about 2:30 and make sure you dont burn it!!!)

4. Let the plate cool for a sec then put it in the freezer for about 10 minutes

5. Scrape that shit up maybe crush it up a little more and snort the shit out of it!!!!!

It does burn a bit more than the old ones, but it worked perfectly for me no bs.

This may work, and if others positively chime in I'll try it on the 80 I picked up. However, I would really like SOMEONE out there to explain WHY this would work?

Also, I'm familiar with the such instructions as "Let bake until crust is golden-brown," but I cannot say I have any experience what.so.ever with essentially cooking pills. I mean, is any of the oxycodone getting destroyed? What's the internal temperature of a typical microwave oven? I realize they vary widely but is there a way to calculate how hot it would get when set at 1 minute at a certain Wattage?

I want to believe this works, and I'm not saying you're wrong, man. Quite the contrary, I'm grateful for your posting this method that apparently does work (although I couldn't find specifically on the Topix Forums where this method was outlined, but it's all good) I'm just wary of the method required and weary of worrying that I'll waste what may be the last oxy I'll ever get my hands on. :(

idk. im nodding out hard on some good, cheap and non-gelatinizing dope so i'm gonna lay back and enjoy this for the time being. Anyone still need the link for the Purdue pdf that outlines (with pictures, chemistry, etc.) the new formulations and anti-abuse measures? In case so,
A New Formulation of OxyContin (oxycodone HCl controlled-release) Tablets

Peace,

~ vaya

This may work, and if others positively chime in I'll try it on the 80 I picked up. However, I would really like SOMEONE out there to explain WHY this would work?

Also, I'm familiar with the such instructions as "Let bake until crust is golden-brown," but I cannot say I have any experience what.so.ever with essentially cooking pills. I mean, is any of the oxycodone getting destroyed? What's the internal temperature of a typical microwave oven? I realize they vary widely but is there a way to calculate how hot it would get when set at 1 minute at a certain Wattage?

I want to believe this works, and I'm not saying you're wrong, man. Quite the contrary, I'm grateful for your posting this method that apparently does work (although I couldn't find specifically on the Topix Forums where this method was outlined, but it's all good) I'm just wary of the method required and weary of worrying that I'll waste what may be the last oxy I'll ever get my hands on. :(

idk. im nodding out hard on some good, cheap and non-gelatinizing dope so i'm gonna lay back and enjoy this for the time being. Anyone still need the link for the Purdue pdf that outlines (with pictures, chemistry, etc.) the new formulations and anti-abuse measures? In case so,

Peace,

~ vaya

the only thing i can say about how it works is that it gets hot enough to burn off all the extended release polymers, but not hot enough to damage the oxycodone. you may lose a few mg's, but i just did this a second time and i and snorting away right now.

this was the original thread i read

http://www.topix.com/forum/drug/oxycontin/T83UD59SJS71UUPOP

then he refined it and made this thread

http://www.topix.com/forum/drug/oxycontin/TH55RSHFFBVACGDR7

i dont want to take any credit for this because i too was very skeptical, but i want to spread the good news to everyone. maybe try using a 1/4 or half a pill first to see for yourself. keep in mind it will cook faster since there is less to cook and make sure you never take your eyes off that microwave. it should look nice and golden.

IM STARTING TO LIKE THIS GOLD OP POWDER!!! :)

Peace,

~ vaya

Vaya - Im thinking this would work as well but have yet to try it. The reason why I believe it could work is that the melting point of oxycodone is so much higher(424-428 degrees fahrenheit) than that of polyox(154.4 degrees fahrenheit)...this being said, I don't know whether or not oxycodone would be damaged at high temperatures that are below it's melting point. I did notice that someone else on the last page of the extraction thread tried this method and had some success with it. Here is the link to the topix thread too... http://www.topix.com/forum/drug/oxycontin/T83UD59SJS71UUPOP/p24
Btw...I'm totally jealous of you getting some good, cheap, non-gelatinizing dope lol =D .....everytime I try getting any I end up getting ripped off :X ...guess that's what I get for living in the middle of nowhere lol

Vaya - Im thinking this would work as well but have yet to try it. The reason why I believe it could work is that the melting point of oxycodone is so much higher(424-428 degrees fahrenheit) than that of polyox(154.4 degrees fahrenheit)...this being said, I don't know whether or not oxycodone would be damaged at high temperatures that are below it's melting point. I did notice that someone else on the last page of the extraction thread tried this method and had some success with it. Here is the link to the topix thread too... http://www.topix.com/forum/drug/oxycontin/T83UD59SJS71UUPOP/p24
Btw...I'm totally jealous of you getting some good, cheap, non-gelatinizing dope lol =D .....everytime I try getting any I end up getting ripped off :X ...guess that's what I get for living in the middle of nowhere lol

i can almost guarantee that less than 10 mg's of oxycodone is lost after this process. i can tell by how good i feel that i just did damn close to 80mg.

please give it a try even if its with 1/4 of the pill then let everyone on here know your results.

oh! almost forgot! i used a hose clamp both times it took forever and it hurts your fingers. try to find some sort of file or sandpaper idk. the hose clamp works if its all you got, but try to get something better.

i can almost guarantee that less than 10 mg's of oxycodone is lost after this process. i can tell by how good i feel that i just did damn close to 80mg.

please give it a try even if its with 1/4 of the pill then let everyone on here know your results.

oh! almost forgot! i used a hose clamp both times it took forever and it hurts your fingers. try to find some sort of file or sandpaper idk. the hose clamp works if its all you got, but try to get something better.

That's really good to hear...I will definitely try this method whenever I get one of these OPs. I'll take your advice on using something other than a hoseclamp as well. I've got plenty of metal files and rasps and imagine they'd work fine. I'm hoping this method ends up working for IV as well as snorting, but I think I'll definitely just snort it on the first try.

Just wanted to share a cool link with everyone...
http://www.aapsj.org/abstracts/AM_1998/2061.html

According to this study of polyox, "Severe granule attrition was found after the microwave drying process."....and "Granule attrition was found to be a major limitation of the microwave drying process." Sounds good to me!!!

rurik rules , it has been beaten feel free to toot away happy , drip drip drip , high high equals rurik is king off the world we should all send him a treat

unGRATEFUL...get it. lol!! Whoot!

I just got home with my new and improved OC's and I plugged one. Took me a while but I did it. Hit me hard too. I am pukey. yuk.

My pain is much better too.

hey there miss lady

good to see you around, its been awhile

in case you were interested the social moved over to Cannabis discussion, we've been chillin there ever since we got kicked outta OD months ago

take care

Status
Not open for further replies.