• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Defeating the new OC time release

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrookieMonster

Bluelighter
a friend gets these direct from Purdue via their low income program.. these are obviously the new time release formula pills.. i didnt think that these were going to come out til later next year... when running it across my microplane grinder it feels like it has a combination of paper // plastic as filler.. when snorted it instantly cloggs the nasal passage and when placed in the mouth it turns into a hard piece of plastic.. it doesnt really gel up like other XR formulations i've encountered(the TimeRX forumlation actually seems easier to work with).. when i come across a normal OC80 i will update this thread with side by side comparisons including pictures of them being soaked in water and what not.. please post any other tests youd like to see.. unfortunately not too many tests can be performed at this moment because i only has 1 of these left.. also from the looks of things i think that after these come out the Mallinckrodt 80s will be more sought after because they work a lot better then these..
edited: to remove swim.. i dont care to use the term swim but as stated before i posted this exact same thread on the other forum that requires you to use swim.. also these things fucking suck.. my throat still hurts from snorting half of one of these almost 9 hours ago..
OP80.JPG

Last edited:
We have a few articles about it in DiTM.

I'm curious as to how long it'll take for them to be defeated.

Oh, and please don't use swim. And I changed your thread title.

i'd say give it a couple weeks and we'll have a flurry of threads asking how to defeat the xr mechanism, phrozen...

Oh no *sniff sniff* tear :'( a wave of sadness has just swept over me ..lol...

i'm thankful these aren't coming to australia as far as i know:D i've only just started insufflating my oxy instead of IVing/plugging and oral all the time

The difference is that it's harder to crush up--the same amount of force still crushes the pill, but leaves lots of "chunks" where previously you'd have a powder. The answer inevitably will be more force/some clever way to crush it.

This won't stop the desire to take these pills via non-oral routes so all I can imagine this will do is cause more health complications.

^
You're thinking of it wrong. He gets these for swimming, Phelps tosses him them and they inject them together.

And fuck, now I won't be able to do lines of OC and coke together when I have lots of money. Oh well snorting things doesn't even work as well for me as most people... I'll just spend that money on coke to do sublingually...

We have a few articles about it in DiTM.

I'm curious as to how long it'll take for them to be defeated.

Oh, and please don't use swim. And I changed your thread title.

Sorry for using SWIM, but I cross posted this into another forum that does require it.

^ya, there's no point in using SWIM and it's frowned upon here on bluelight. it doesn't protect you legally and everyone is aware it's yourself. people will skip over your posts as well if they're littered with SWIM

Does anybody know if these are scheduled to come to Canada?

If so, it looks like eating 12 hours worth will be the best option--an all day high! Has anyone here actually done that? By that I mean take enough whole tablets--without defeating the time release--to get high and last all day?

I for one am happy to see these out so soon, I told allot of people.. July 1 "Purdue D-Day"!

But, I am happy for so many other reasons..

The price of these has stayed inflated (at the pharmacy level) because of black market demand. Hopefully this will destroy the black market demand for OC (which was over priced and seems to flood the market at times) and drive other lower cost drugs to market. The cash price for 90qty30mg MsContins is something like $XX.

So at the end of the day my predicted results (black market economist) is that the market will respond with a flurry of lower cost alternatives (and there are better highs out there, Dilaudid is a good example) that will be more readily available, while making these oxycontins less expensive for people with REAL PAIN ISSUES WHO NEED THEM.

I think it is borderline OUTRAGEOUS that the black market has been allowed to dictate the pharmacy price of these for so long, and with so many out of work, chronically ill people, an overtly expensive pain medication cannot be for the common good.

On these getting exported elsewhere.

Two (maybe three things) have to happen;

Purdue Sees it cost effective to ONLY PRODUCE 1 LINE of Oxycontin, then
Lobby's your gov version of the FDA for approval (which will be almost overnight, b/c of prior FDA approval and what it does)

Or

Your GOV / version of the FDA mandates it (as ours did) and its in your market by Q1 2011.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure about snorting/shooting, but if you went to town on it with a razorblade I'd imagine it would break down enough to be effectively IR oral. I always preferred eating my oxy anyway (although as leftwing said, these may not pop up in Aus at all)

if i had any self control and/or lots of money...now would be the time to stock up.

I'm not sure about snorting/shooting, but if you went to town on it with a razorblade I'd imagine it would break down enough to be effectively IR oral. I always preferred eating my oxy anyway (although as leftwing said, these may not pop up in Aus at all)

nope.. i grounded a piece quite thoroughly and parachuted it and it had no IR effect.. as stated above ive tried chewing it up and it instantly turns into a hard gel // gum.. my throat still hurts from snorting half of one of these yesterday.. as stated before this er formula is a completely different animal because ive snorted 10x 40mg Opana without any pain // soreness..

Im thinking that soaking them in an acidic substance coca cola for instance would imitate the stomach and make eating them IR possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.