⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Breaking Bad

folley said:
BB has a LOT more going on, especially the final season.

You shitting me? The Wire usually has five simultaneous story-threads...

ebola

ebola
Pretty much, and Ive only seen the first season and half of the second. I stopped during the second because it got really slow (like someone else mentioned in this thread) but apparently things pick back up during the third so I should probably continue watching.

Goddamn i love this show! Just watched episode 9 from the last season.

If this is true, and you dont know who i am.....then i would tread lightly.

Complete badassery

ebola

Well yes, but in a way that makes it hard to concentrate on any one plot.. It's like there are several stories being told at once, so none of them get the proper explanation they need. Just my thoughts at least, I'm on Season 4 of The Wire now.

With BB there's a lot more fast paced action, an episode could start with Walt eating eggs with Junior and end with him dissolving a few bodies in a vat of acid. I don't mean there is more going on in the way of the plot, just that it's easier to focus on the action that is happening.

Just seen someone put on facebook that the wire shits on game of thrones and breaking bad. bullshit

Last edited:
Deadwood was definitely great, but don't you think it suffers from truncation? BB was allowed to run its course, but Deadwood was cancelled. Firefly suffers from this as well. Had these shows been allowed to conclude naturally, this decision would be much harder.

When all is said and done, House of Cards may be up there too. I think House of Cards could actually surpass all of these, because it has the potential to bring about real political change.

Wow, I got a chill when reading this because I thought that I wrote it.

Firefly was the first tv series that I actually watched and couldn't stop until I watched all of them, I finished watching all of the episodes over a 2 day period.
Deadwood was the second tv series I finished in about 4 days.
(Both of these were produced on a "shoe-string" budget and left me wanting more, IMO this makes them in a class above anything else I've seen). I also think that because they were both "cut short", it kinda "immortalised" them making them legendary, leaving me wanting more, that's why they are my top two. (I thought it was just the "addict" in me until the day I got my father to give Deadwood a chance.........he was glued to the TV until he finished watching all of them - that sealed the deal).

Justified would be my next favourite, and am looking forward to the next season (and I think it should be the last one), only a few months to go and I can't wait.

House of Cards was very good, I didn't expect it to be so good and it got its hooks in me and I also had to watch all of them in less than a week. New series comes out early 2014 and it's so cool that the whole series is released on the same day..................looking forward to watching all of them without a break.

You got great taste, let me know if you are interested in audiobooks, in a way they are better than watching tv, and I have dozens of suggestions that you would really enjoy.

oh, almost forgot............Sherlock and Luther are in my top 8 too.

Last edited:
Just seen someone put on facebook that the wire shits on game of thrones and breaking bad. bullshit

I wouldnt say that it shits on breaking bad (havnt seen game of thrones so cant comment) but I still hold the wire as #1 series of all time with breaking bad and bsg competing for 2nd place. As amazing as breaking bad was there were still alot of episodes that were not as good as others and alot of repetition in some of the character beats. There isnt one episode of the wire that I thought was anything less than 1st class

House of Cards was very good, I didn't expect it to be so good and it got its hooks in me and I also had to watch all of them in less than a week. New series comes out early 2014 and it's so cool that the whole series is released on the same day..................looking forward to watching all of them without a break.

House of cards was amazing but its still early days so Ill have to wait to see if it becomes an all time contender

I wouldnt say that it shits on breaking bad (havnt seen game of thrones so cant comment) but I still hold the wire as #1 series of all time with breaking bad and bsg competing for 2nd place. As amazing as breaking bad was there were still alot of episodes that were not as good as others and alot of repetition in some of the character beats. There isnt one episode of the wire that I thought was anything less than 1st class

TBH:

BB > The Wire - Entertainment
BB < The Wire - Quality

By quality I just mean that The Wire was so so so intricately developed it's impossible to ignore. To put that over BB's development quality is REALLY saying something. But if you go by sheer enjoyment of watching the series Breaking Bad clearly wins.

The Wire was fucking great, but how it ended PISSED ME OFF. All that fucking trouble to set up the Marlow and Co-Op story, and they never see it through :|

Really pissed that they killed off the most bad ass motherfucker to ever be on TV, too. Extremely pointless as well, his death didn't play into the story at all... it just, ended.

I understand the perspective of Wire apologists, but The Wire never had moments like this:

[video=vimeo;20124416]http://vimeo.com/20124416[/video]

It's stuff like this that puts BB over the top. All shows from now on need to emulate.

Also, this is the correct way to do music in TV drama!

Yeah I was about to start on the Wire until I scrolled down here and got THE ENDING SPOILED !!!!

^^^

Haha. Bummer. But watch it any way dude. It'll be worth it.

I loved The Shield too. If you dig BB and The Wire, you gatta watch The Shield.