Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Breaking Bad

^I've only ever seen you post in this thread, Silverleaf. What other shows do you like?
Sorry didn't see this till now. Well of course there will never be another show like Breaking Bad but some other good ones are True Detective, Game of Thrones, and I've heard a few people mention Fargo so I must check that one out as well.

Of course that comes from someone named Max Power....

Though I admittedly named myself Carl after of one the black Carls. One of which was from on The Simpsons (also Family Matters and Carl Weathers)

Isn't The Simpsons that one with the boy and his dog? And they can sort of wiggle their arms like they have no bones in them?

Nah, the one where the dog sounds a bit like Bender from Futurama.

This a now a Simpsons appreciation thread.

Who was your favorite showrunner(s)?

I think for me it was Oakley & Weinstein. Though the guys from the first two seasons are tough to beat.

I don't know if you two are just being super tongue-in-cheek but they were both created by the same dude.

I procrastinated watching the show until the beginning of this year. Decided to watch the first episode on Netflix because I was bored, ended up getting hooked, and stayed up for four days and three nights just binge watching every season. Honestly, my favourite T.V show.
What initially got me interested in it was the premise, but what's amazing about Breaking Bad is that it became so much more than that. I feel like a lot of shows that have a good set-up focus only on what makes it interesting, and end up relying on that to force the story and characters. But BrBa didn't end up just being about cooking meth; it was about Hank unwittingly trying to bring down his brother-in-law, Marie's effort to support her sister, Sklyar's struggle to keep her family together, Walter's struggle to support his family and come to terms with what he's doing, and Jesse's addiction and the loss of his loved ones. The character development was amazing. If you pay attention to it, you can see the exact moments when a character goes from who they were introduced as, to who they were when we last saw them in the show.

My favourite part about it, even though I was sad when it happened, was where and how it ended. It was obviously a successful show, and instead of milking that and dragging it on forever until the show wasn't even the show anymore, the writers stopped it at season 5. Which was perfect. They had a story to tell, they told it, and they left it at that. I feel like too many shows that start out good have become really disappointing because they're just being dragged on beyond a good stopping point.

I knew from when I saw that first season FX trailer years ago that we were onto something promising. The only thing I really liked a lot about Malcolm in the Middle was Hal, and of course my interest in the drug trade totally piqued my interest. The show totally delivered. The atmosphere, the cinematography, the character development as you said, was completely gripping. Some amazing twists and turns, an array of superb scenes and acting. Brilliant montage sequences. A real gem for our generation of such an abundance in great tv. I miss that duo like I knew them personally. You know a show is really good when you have very vivid dreams about it.

Breaking Bad was as addictive as the blue Meth they were cooking. My wife and I rate it as the best TV drama of all time.