Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Breaking Bad

Season 2 of The Wire is kind of slow the first time watching, but the second and third time I went through it I thought it was a lot better.

I don't understand the gripe with season 5. It's not even like it's a long season. It's the shortest of the 5 at just ten episodes. Also, I don't understand people saying The Wire is slow, but then not saying the same about Breaking Bad. Some episodes were really slow, which I think was necessary to build up to the exciting parts, but it's not as if BB is a nonstop action packed show. There were a lot of slow moving episodes. The most obvious example would be the fly episode, but even aside from that, season 3 starts off real slow on BB, as does season 4.

The point isn't if The Wire is good or not. It's that people are voting it with a low rating without even seeing it.

Wait til you get to season 3 of the wire. Shit will majorly pick up.

I think Season 3 is my favorite season. The second to last episode is pretty much as good as TV gets. Plus the whole Hamsterdam storyline in Season 3 was pretty ground breaking. It's too bad there wasn't more discussion generated from it.

As much as I loved Breaking Bad, ------ Deadwood is still the best TV series I've ever seen.

Just wanted to get that on the record.

Breaking Bad is officially the No1 TV show of all time on IMDB.

Band of Brothers has the same rating but doesn't appear on the list for some reason.

As much as I loved Breaking Bad, ------ Deadwood is still the best TV series I've ever seen.

Just wanted to get that on the record.

Deadwood was definitely great, but don't you think it suffers from truncation? BB was allowed to run its course, but Deadwood was cancelled. Firefly suffers from this as well. Had these shows been allowed to conclude naturally, this decision would be much harder.

When all is said and done, House of Cards may be up there too. I think House of Cards could actually surpass all of these, because it has the potential to bring about real political change.

Last edited:
I didn't find the first season AWESOME, but then started getting better and better. I loved it.

Breaking Bad is officially the No1 TV show of all time on IMDB.
That's pretty fucking cool. Thanks for that tidbit of info there. Now I can rub that in my buddies' faces that didn't like or watch the show for whatever reason. This proves that we have some pretty good taste after all. Like when they won all those awards a couple years back, I felt, what is the word I am looking for? Vindicated, no. Validated, that's right. This just validates that we who loved this show had some pretty good taste in shows after all. And I don't even even really watch any tv shows regularly on tv. Breaking Bad was the first show that I was really addicted to from start to finish. Now I can't wait for Game of Throne's new season to come out but they kind of killed it with those zombies and I thought the white walkers would be a little cooler. But oh well.

Wait til you get to season 3 of the wire. Shit will majorly pick up.

First season was awesome, second season was a bit weird but I enjoyed it despite most people considering it the worst, 3rd is possibly the best, could say the same for the 4th....did not like the last much. Especially that serial killer sub-plot. Let's put it this way: I've re-watched the Sopranos all the way through, as well as BB, Six Feet Under too. But cannot be fucked to re-watch The Wire.

Possible spoiler:

I think I always just preferred Barksdale's crew so much more to Stanfield's. Even if Marlo was a very cool character. Just loved Avon and Stringer as the top dogs.

CI3M5KY.jpg

belize_breakingbad.jpg.CROP.article568-large.jpg

Hahaha, I so lol'd from the "delicious breakfast cuisine for Walt Jr." and almost lol'd to tears from "several locations to swim for Skyler" And yeah it is real : http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat..._bad_a_trip_to_belize_for_everyone_photo.html

I'd really like to go to Belize, that's one exotic country nobody ever mentions, it's probably mega expensive since I think it is a fiscal paradise and many crooks actually take a trip to Belize to escape the law from where they are. John McAfee comes to mind.

I still like the idea that Walt doesnt die in the end, goes into witness protection, thus begins his new life in Malcom in the Middle.

Hahaha the Xbox 360 controllers Brock and Andrea are using in 5x03 arent even on. Plus a full bowl of popcorn while Walt and Jr are watching the end of Scarface.

For the fans of Breaking Bad...

This year I decided, after much encouragement from my friends, to be Walt Jr. for Halloween. People seemed to either think it was the best costume ever or they didn't understand and assumed I was actually disabled . Needless to say they were pretty surprised when i put the crutches down to grab a beer : p What do you guys think?
893879_10202593828953929_277248514_o_zps7758caba.jpg