Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Breaking Bad

Damien

Bluelight Crew
About the Show

Break Bad (v.) 1. To challenge convention 2. To defy authority 3. To raise hell

Meet Walter White, high school chemistry teacher. Sleepwalking through life when, boom, a terminal diagnosis changes everything. Liberates him. Empowers him to use his chemistry skills anew: to man a rolling drug lab and finance his family's future. Breaking Bad: Change the Equation.

Premieres Sunday, January 20 @ 10PM | 9C.
http://www.amctv.com/originals/breakingbad/

From what I understand the show is about a chemistry teacher who is diagnosed with a terminal illness and begins manufacturing methamphetamine with some of his students. He is making the meth so his family can be financially secure after he dies.

I am excited about the show. I think it will be interesting at the very least. The show has its own blog where people can post their thoughts and ideas. Most of the comments left are along the lines of this post:

Posted by: Audrey Oberle | December 19, 2007 at 10:28 PM

I cannot believe that AMC would make a show like "Breaking Bad." This is one of America's worst addictions, everyone is trying to help people get off meth and here you stoop so low as to glorify the making of meth as a show. You are making the name of teachers bad while you are at it. You should be ashamed of yourself and I hope this show gets canceled asap. AMC--I will not be watching your network!

And only one or two posts like this:
Posted by: anne sorenson | December 25, 2007 at 02:20 PM
After having worked on the set of "Breaking Bad" as well as reading a few scripts for the series I have to say that this show is intelligent, dark, funny, and of an extremely high quality. The intent of the show is not to glamorize drugs in any way, but rather to show the consequences of a man who has chosen this path.

For all the previous posters who have judged the show without even watching it all I can say is that this show is probably not for you in the first place. However, for those who like a complex adult drama and enjoy a TV show that works on multiple layers then at least give "Breaking Bad" a chance before decrying it because it deals with negative aspects of our society.

Cheers to AMC for "Mad Men" and now "Breaking Bad", proving that quality still exists in some corners of our TV sets.
What do you think? New and exciting? Irresponsible and stupid? Will you be watching or do you think this kind of television is deplorable?

I think all television is deplorable now. "Reality" tv and the 1000+ channels available have paved its way to hell. This does sound interesting,but I am skeptical of it being on AMC. Better that than Lifetime,I guess.

I remember when AMC use to be what TCM is now.
But then they started playing more recent movies. Then came the commercials...

yeah, amc sucks now.

a couple months ago i noticed a big change. they started playing really bad current movies(actually they were a couple years old).

that and all the commercials.....

TV: Breaking Bad

First episode premiered tonight, anyone watch?

For those who don't know about it, it's on AMC. Plot outline: A 50 year old man has just turned 50, and his mortality has just struck. He lives a mediocre life; good wife, disabled son, teaching job as a chemist, part-times at a car wash. He decides to start cooking crystal meth, and hilarity ensues.

Yeah, it was pretty good I thought. A little unbelievable, but i expected that. I liked it though.

Did anyone see the "Breaking Bad" TV pilot?

Breaking Bad is a new TV series. I watched the pilot last night. It was pretty amusing. "Hal" the dad from Malcolm In The Middle is a high school chemistry teacher who finds out he has lung cancer and decides to pair up with some dork meth dealer and start cooking crystal. Some funny moments.

"the dad from Malcolm In The Middle"

-Didn't look like the dad from that show

Saw the first episode... pretty cool

Ravr said:
"the dad from Malcolm In The Middle"

-Didn't look like the dad from that show

Saw the first episode... pretty cool

What, are you kidding me? Thats definitely Bryan Cranston. Hell that's the only reason I stayed tuned in. That guy is fucking hilarious!

There is a thread on this show in F&T also. I liked it. I will stay tuned in for now. I could especially relate to the feeling when the main characters student and his former cohorts rolled up and showed him that he is playing a dangerous game. I have been in situations like that and I think that conveyed that feeling rather well.

TV Show: Breaking Bad on AMC - Thoughts

Has anyone else seen this show yet? I saw one episode of it and thought it was pretty good. I didnt see the show from the beginning so Im missing some of the motives.

But a high school chemistry teacher decides to start cooking meth to make money for his family. And a ton of problems keep arising. His wife, His brother in law is a DEA agent, and all of the drug trade drama.

Its a pretty good show. What are your thoughts?

I've seen both episodes.

If you missed the first one, you see his son is disabled and he's recently been dianosed with lung cancer, which is inoperable. He was kind of a quiet guy, who was getting pushed around in life, working 2 jobs, but still behind on money, and he just snapped.

The meth dealer he hooks up with used to be one of his students. He went on a ride-a-long with his brother in law and was the only witness to see the kid escaping while the raid was going on.

It seems promising so far. Bryan Cranston plays his role well, though I'm not sure how many episodes deep the show is going to go if this cursed writers strike continues.

Edit: There's a thread in Film and Television already

Last edited:
Woah woah woah. Aw hell nah! Yall know the hell better! Mmm-mm. Nah ah. Get that shit outta here! :D Closed as a mutha fucka baby. Take it to film and tv.

Damn shit really did get a lil overgrown in here while i was gone. Time to mow the lawn n shit.

Its on the tivo, I'll have to give it a shot tonight

OK, its better than I expected, and the hydrofluoric acid dissolved corpse pile coming through the ceiling was a fucking classic moment. I cant wait for the next episode.

after seeing the rollerblading episode in malcolm in the middle makes it so much better.