• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is heroin really that much different?

exactly. I always just say I need to see the drugs before I hand over any money.

I will agree that IV takes an addiction to the extreme, but even if you arejust smoking opis, you will eventually get to a point where you will break every rule, value, and expectation you’ve ever set for yourself.

you can be eating your opis and your brain will eventually default to “I can function, but I just need to get a little but high first.”

when you change what “normal” is, everything changes with it. And you may well be dependent for a while before you become the one doing the stealing.

don’t mean to lecture, in just disappointed in how much of my life I’ve wasted and continue to waste. I hate seeing the same Thing happen to others...
I've already got to that point mate I'm lucky some days if I get enough for the.whole day the thing I can do now is quit cut down or start I injecting and tbh my life is so fucked and suicidal I've caught myself asking,myself why the fuc K not just go on the needle atleast then I might get through until payday it's not looking good for ol Pete guys :(

I've already got to that point mate I'm lucky some days if I get enough for the.whole day the thing I can do now is quit cut down or start I injecting and tbh my life is so fucked and suicidal I've caught myself asking,myself why the fuc K not just go on the needle atleast then I might get through until payday it's not looking good for ol Pete guys :(

Pete, you need to get on a methadone or buprenorphine maintenance program mate. Don't go for for the needle ffs...

If you think life is rough now, stick a pin in your arm and watch as everything and one around you disappears.

I sniffed heroin for a couple years and was able to hold it down. I had 2 jobs, a girl, etc.. Then I started shooting and within 6mos I was rock bottom. It doesn’t take long.

-GC

I know how you feel, like you’ve already done so much damage what difference does anything make. Up to the point where you wonder what difference living makes vs dying.

I used to pray that I got cancer so that I could “die with dignity” (rather than OD or Suicide ).

Heroin is different. While the effects may be largly identical to oxy, the euphoria on the rush (iv) is unmatched in my experience. The difference likely is less pronounced or altogether absent with other ROA’s.

while oxymorphone packs agood rush for me (and many many people say the same of hydromorphone), it lacks the euphoria of h even if it might knock you on your ass.

I would love to get my hands on some opanas but that is even rarer than oxys. Also I read that they gel up when you crush them. My preferred ROA is nasal. I would never IV that is a line that I would never cross.

I actually don't like being knock off my ass. I like how opiates just melt away all your anxiety, fear and stress. Ofc the euphoria is a nice bonus.

I can only reiterate, heroin will rob you of everything. My experience mirrors everyone else’s here.

I was able to fairly casually use opiates for years trying morphine, hydrocodone, Oxycodone, etc.. But that first time trying “raw” heroin (had even tried impure street heroin at this point) is seared into my memory for eternity.

I wish that was an isolated story, it’s far from it. I can’t think of anyone who’s OD’ed on oxy but know tons who have on heroin.

-GC

My biggest fear is ODing from fent cuts. I don't IV I'm so scared of needles. From what I can tell things take a bad turn when people start IVing. Which I will never do.

I'm gonna be honest here. This all sounds a lot like the kinda justifications I've made hundreds of times before. Always with the same conclusion.. "keep using".

If you weren't a junkie, I suspect your first thought would be "oh well I guess I'll just have to stop for now. See if availability improves, if not I'll see if there's another option later down the line". Not "oh well, time to try heroin". I say "I suspect" because I most definitely am a junkie and would definitely also make the same justifications.

Sorry man it's just, a lot of us are gonna recognize what looks a lot like junkie logic. It's where you make rationalizations, sometimes really persuasive rationalizations, for why you gotta keep using.

I've known junkies who were scared of needles and said they'd never wind up injecting for that reason. Didn't help.

So. If you really think you're not a junkie, my advice would be to simply stop for the time being rather than move to heroin. If you can't cause you're dependent, there are substitution programs.

I find life to be very dull and boring without occasionally getting high. It makes me look forward to the weekends to decompress. Unfortunately I do not like any drugs or alcohol. The only thing that works for me is strong opiates.

I could honestly stop right now but I just don't feel like I need to. I have my life together and no responsibilities besides my job. It is not like I am driving away my family or kids because I have none of that.

If you think life is rough now, stick a pin in your arm and watch as everything and one around you disappears.

I sniffed heroin for a couple years and was able to hold it down. I had 2 jobs, a girl, etc.. Then I started shooting and within 6mos I was rock bottom. It doesn’t take long.

-GC

That is why I only sniff oxy. Up to this point everything has been fine. I figure H is easier to get, cheaper and stronger. If I just keep on sniffing I think I will be okay maybe. It seems like everyone had a problem once they started IVing. Like all the successful chippers only stick with sniffing.

I am afraid of needles and since H is cheaper I don't see why I would start IVing to save money.

I know how you feel, like you’ve already done so much damage what difference does anything make. Up to the point where you wonder what difference living makes vs dying.

I used to pray that I got cancer so that I could “die with dignity” (rather than OD or Suicide ).

To me I am the opposite side of the same coin. I find life very unfulfilling and meaningless. I don't do opiates because I stopped caring about life I do them so I can keep on living. It probably sounds stupid but it gives me the motivation to keep on living my boring life. It gives me something to look forward to.

Some people have family and hobbies to keep them going. I only have my pills. I know I sound pathetic because I am. I am too aware of the fact which is another reason why I keep using. But I have a strong will that has kept me out of trouble for all these years.

I've only IVd heroin like 3 times. I stuck to sniffing and I still lost everything. There is no magical line that staying on one side of will keep your life together. Heroin wrecking your life is not an "if" it's a "when". No matter what rules you give yourself or whatever you promise you wont do. You cannot reason with heroin.

I've only IVd heroin like 3 times. I stuck to sniffing and I still lost everything. There is no magical line that staying on one side of will keep your life together. Heroin wrecking your life is not an "if" it's a "when". No matter what rules you give yourself or whatever you promise you wont do. You cannot reason with heroin.

If you IVed why did you go back to sniffing? Maybe I am just stupid but apart of me is even more curious even though these stories are horrifying. It makes me wonder how great is this stuff to make people throw away their lives. Not that I even have anything to throw away in the first place.

If you IVed why did you go back to sniffing? Maybe I am just stupid but apart of me is even more curious even though these stories are horrifying. It makes me wonder how great is this stuff to make people throw away their lives. Not that I even have anything to throw away in the first place.

Honestly I was just really bad at it. My veins are hard to hit and it's just way easier to chop up a rail instead.

It's not that great. I mean don't get me wrong, I love heroin, but it wasn't that it was so good that got me to do the things I did. It's that the withdrawal is so bad, and the habit so reenforcing of addictive behaviors.

If you've used opioids before you've already had probably 80-90% of what a heroin high is like. It's not "that" much better. It's that it's that much more behaviorally addictive and controlling.

One other little piece of advice. In my experience, no matter how bad you think your life is, there's always room for it to get worse.

That is why I only sniff oxy. Up to this point everything has been fine. I figure H is easier to get, cheaper and stronger. If I just keep on sniffing I think I will be okay maybe. It seems like everyone had a problem once they started IVing. Like all the successful chippers only stick with sniffing.

I am afraid of needles and since H is cheaper I don't see why I would start IVing to save money.

To me I am the opposite side of the same coin. I find life very unfulfilling and meaningless. I don't do opiates because I stopped caring about life I do them so I can keep on living. It probably sounds stupid but it gives me the motivation to keep on living my boring life. It gives me something to look forward to.

Some people have family and hobbies to keep them going. I only have my pills. I know I sound pathetic because I am. I am too aware of the fact which is another reason why I keep using. But I have a strong will that has kept me out of trouble for all these years.

I think you might be misconstruing my opinion. Yes there’s a huge difference when you iv and it takes you down way faster.

But opis will take you down one way or another.

there’s no way to say this nicely so I apologize for kind of coming at you but I think all these justifications are going to take you down faster than a needle can.

So I just created an account here to reply to this thread because OP sounds exactly like I used to...

Dude, you are an addict. You may not think so because you are not physically addicted, but you are 100% mentally addicted. Thinking of switching to heroin because your supply of blues is low is NOT rational thought for someone who is not an addict. Getting high on the weekends being the only thing in your life you look forward to is not healthy or normal. Everything you say about having a strong will and walking the fine line, no reason to stop blah blah blah I used to tell myself the same things..I walked that line for 8 years before I crossed it! But as others have said, it WILL catch up to you, as it did me. This is going to be a long post, but I'm writing out my path to how I got to where I am in hopes it will help you see.

I first started dabbling in oxycodone in 2007, the summer after I graduated high school. I was always a smoker, didn't much care for drinking. Always asked myself why would anyone need to take pills when they can just smoke weed? Well that summer I got too high one time and had the first panic attack of my life. It really scarred me and caused daily anxiety for the next 3-4 years, and ruined my ability to enjoy weed as I always did before that panic attack. Remember I was not a drinker so I needed something to fill that void. Oxy was perfect for me, gave me the euphoria I was looking for and melted away my anxiety, put me at complete peace. Well I went off to college and for the 4 years there I never had a legit connection. I could only find something once a month or so. In those days I only did them on special occasions, say a concert or going camping one weekend with a bunch of friends. I would find a couple pills and SAVE them for weeks, just so I was certain I'd have them for these occassions where I REALLY wanted to enjoy the experience..I would've liked to do a little more but just didn't have the sourcing.. but I was already to the point where I felt I HAD to have them if I was to have real fun during these types of events. That was thru all 4 years of college.

Well after graduating college I moved back home and all of a sudden had connections again. The couple friends I first started dabbling with in 2007 had never left home and were still doing pills and had their established connections. For the next four years I had to get my stuff thru them and never really had a strong direct connection. This was an extra layer that made acquiring a little more difficult but I was fine with it for the most part because it kept me from sketchy places and I believe kept me from doing too many. During these 4 years I slowly transitioned from only on special occasions>to only on weekends and never three days in a row>to only on weekends PLUS a night during the week if I wasn't working the next day>to every night when I was off the next day>to every other day whether I'm working or not. I got to where I had to have oxy to do anything social(which really became almost every night with our friends in our early-mid twenties), and if I didn't have it I wouldn't go do these things because they wouldn't have been fun for me. Going out to bars, parties, on the boat, etc. But I still thought I was in control, just walking that fine line, no reason to stop, just having fun. Nothing I'd get more excited for. Over this time I'd watched my other close friends that dabbled fall off the cliff, but I was more stronger-willed than them. My mind is stronger than the drug. I'm in control.

In 2015 I got a new next-door neighbor. It took a couple months, but I got to know him some and learned he sold blues. And he had them 24/7, right there, right next to me not 40ft from my house! So obviously I quickly became an every day user. I was working a good job and in my circumstances should've been saving a ton of money but I'd pay my monthly bills and every single other dollar would go to pills. At this time, the money I was spending was the only problem I had with my addiction and it bothered me greatly. Got to where I was spending $180 a day, of note is the fact prices have gone up 50%+ over the years. If only I could get my own script and save all that money I'd be happy doing pills every day for the rest of my life!

In 2017 I started trying suboxone some, something I hadn't ever messed with prior. I realized that I could be content with just subs and that I could go to a doctor and get my own script and save a lot of money, so that's what I did. Started sub maintenance in October 2017 by going to a doctor that would give me more than anyone really needs(12mg) and for as long as I wanted. I planned to just do subs for the rest of my life. I was provided enough to catch a good buzz, and could smoke some weed and intensify it. I was saving SOME money, but I was still treating myself to one weekend per month where I'd do blues..problem was that one weekend was still costing me $400-$500. This monthly "treat" continued through January 2019, which was the last time I did a blue. In this time frame I became a hermit, all I wanted to do was get thru work and get home to lay on the couch and try to feel my subs. I avoided going out and seeing my friends. I became depressed and lost the ability to have fun or genuinely look forward to anything. I completely lost interest in hobbies I'd loved my entire life. I lost 30lbs and became unrecognizable to who I used to be. I looked a lot different at 130lbs than I did at my normal 160lbs. Extreme anhedonia is the best way to describe my mindset during this almost two year time frame. Realizing that feeling the way I did was not sustainable I decided I needed to stop everything and give my body and brain the chance to heal, give myself the chance to become my old self again. As I said, I stopped the monthly blues purchases in January 2019, then I coached myself through a long taper off the suboxone. I made the jump from suboxone on September 10, 2019 and have been off it completely since then. I was completely clean for 6 weeks before I did a little kratom one night, and then the kratom usage slowly developed into an every day habbit after a couple months. Then I stopped the kratom(ime the wds from kratom are nothing comparatively)and stayed clean for another couple months..which brings us to now where I've recently been on another kratom bender. My only problem with kratom is that it induces some of my same old habits of just laying on the couch trying to "feel" it. I just don't have the productivity that I do when I'm clean, so for that I'm currently on day 3 of quitting the kratom again. But I sometimes rationalize that if it wasn't kratom, I'd just be drinking 3-4 beers every night as I do when I'm "clean", so there's still a dependence for altering my mind every single day that I need to work on, but I'm much better than I was.

I'm not depressed any more..I've gained my weight back, I'm exercising and lifting weights again, I've reestablished connections with my old friends and become social again(not the friends who do pills, my more "healthy lifestyle" friends). But I'm about to turn 32 years old and I should be way better off at this point in my life than I am. I should have $50k plus in the bank yet I'm $15k in debt. I look back(where the hell did the past 10 years go??) and feel like I wasted a lot of time throughout my twenties and did a lot of damage to my brain chemistry. My addiction has changed me forever, for sure.

I give you my whole story because the things you say sound exactly like I did. Just quit now while you're still ahead, while you're on the right side of that fine line. Seems the only thing saving you right now is the lack of a legit, consistent source. Do not switch to heroin, something even I never seriously entertained. Though I have always told myself if I ever got a terminal illness I'd just spend my last days doing a bunch of heroin haha. But a successful life coinciding with the daily use of opiates is not possible. You will eventually lose your ability to moderate. You are straight up changing how your brain works and it's chemistry, conditioning it.

I suspect you won't listen, because I wouldn't have when I was at your stage. "Won't happen to me, I'm different, I can control it..." Well you can't, you're already well on your way to getting got. But again I stress, save yourself and just stop now..while it's still somewhat easy. My life would be so much different and better right now had I not started taking oxy, I wish I never did. All I can do is grow and learn from the experience and keep pushing forward.

AND FOR GOD'S SAKE, DON'T SWITCH TO HEROIN!!!

I would love to get my hands on some opanas but that is even rarer than oxys. Also I read that they gel up when you crush them. My preferred ROA is nasal. I would never IV that is a line that I would never cross.

I actually don't like being knock off my ass. I like how opiates just melt away all your anxiety, fear and stress. Ofc the euphoria is a nice bonus.

My biggest fear is ODing from fent cuts. I don't IV I'm so scared of needles. From what I can tell things take a bad turn when people start IVing. Which I will never do.

I find life to be very dull and boring without occasionally getting high. It makes me look forward to the weekends to decompress. Unfortunately I do not like any drugs or alcohol. The only thing that works for me is strong opiates.

I could honestly stop right now but I just don't feel like I need to. I have my life together and no responsibilities besides my job. It is not like I am driving away my family or kids because I have none of that.
Thing is heroin is not for occasionally getting high you have to have it all day everyday until you run out of money

So I just created an account here to reply to this thread because OP sounds exactly like I used to...

AND FOR GOD'S SAKE, DON'T SWITCH TO HEROIN!!!

Thanks for taking the time to write about your experiences. I can relate a lot to the first half of your story. It seems like things started falling apart for you when a dealer moved in next door and when you got a script from a liberal doctor. If easy access is what it takes to become addicted then maybe I should just stick to roxies. I am sure it was easy to score 10 years ago but these days availability is very low and prices are high. This in itself makes it difficult to become an addict because you have to use it sparring like on weekends or special occasions.

I won't lie I am still very curious about trying H. Everyone makes it out to be this perfect high and the fact that it is so cheap is also tempting. But your story and stories of others have given me some pause. I think I will just stick to pills for now. Pills are safe because I know exactly what I am getting and limited supply means I won't be tempted to use everyday. I am not an addict I do not get sick when I don't use and I don't use everyday.

Thing is heroin is not for occasionally getting high you have to have it all day everyday until you run out of money

What makes heroin more addictive than oxy? Just availability and price? I do not run in sketchy drug circles. I would be too anxious to try and cold cop by going to the bad part of town. If I were to go down that route I would just score from DNM. Meaning I would have to wait around for it to post and could only buy what I could afford. No begging dealers to front or do shady things to fund it. What made you switch from oxy to H? If you could would you have just stuck with oxy since it is relatively safe?

Thanks for taking the time to write about your experiences. I can relate a lot to the first half of your story. It seems like things started falling apart for you when a dealer moved in next door and when you got a script from a liberal doctor. If easy access is what it takes to become addicted then maybe I should just stick to roxies. I am sure it was easy to score 10 years ago but these days availability is very low and prices are high. This in itself makes it difficult to become an addict because you have to use it sparring like on weekends or special occasions.

I won't lie I am still very curious about trying H. Everyone makes it out to be this perfect high and the fact that it is so cheap is also tempting. But your story and stories of others have given me some pause. I think I will just stick to pills for now. Pills are safe because I know exactly what I am getting and limited supply means I won't be tempted to use everyday. I am not an addict I do not get sick when I don't use and I don't use everyday.

What makes heroin more addictive than oxy? Just availability and price? I do not run in sketchy drug circles. I would be too anxious to try and cold cop by going to the bad part of town. If I were to go down that route I would just score from DNM. Meaning I would have to wait around for it to post and could only buy what I could afford. No begging dealers to front or do shady things to fund it. What made you switch from oxy to H? If you could would you have just stuck with oxy since it is relatively safe?
I switched to heroin because I was tired of dealing with nasty pharmacists getting refused at pharmacies etc tbh I don't think heroin is that bad if you can control it but most can't me included at least I have managed to stick to smoking etc

And then what?
It won’t be long until your tolerance reaches next level shit.
If you think things are bad now, they’ll only get worse.
Dw I ain't gonna start iv I can still get smashed from smoking just expressing some though I do wonder sometimes if.I could get away with shooting up once just to get a good high going but that was my plan when I first used heroin nearly 2 years ago... Just need to get through until Thursday gonna buy a quarter and use it to cut down that's the plan anyway at least I can get it at a very good price and good quality just wish I could knock myself out until Thursday lol

I do wonder sometimes if.I could get away with shooting up once just to get a good high going

You know the answer to this without wondering. 🙂
Listen, I’ve been an addict for over a decade (yes daily use, with literally hardly no clean time in between) (insufflated) I hate that many times I’ve had IV users say shit like “oh, just wait, it’s knly a matter of time until you start shooting” etc etc I have no desire to shoot up at all. I can tell you this though... those times that I can’t get good gear though... or times I’ve had to stretch shit out and make it last longer (this seems to be prevalent when going out of town (because no matter how much shit you take, you always run out 1 1/2 days ahead of schedule) That same thought, oh I’ll use less shit, oh I’ll actually get high instead of maintaining for once etc etc starts to creep in my head. That’s the addition part that takes over. And that’s the scary part. For me, luckily I have not surrendered to those sick thoughts and it’s important not to. I look at it like I have a big problem the way it is. And I don’t need it to get bigger. Good luck.

You know the answer to this without wondering. 🙂
Listen, I’ve been an addict for over a decade (yes daily use, with literally hardly no clean time in between) (insufflated) I hate that many times I’ve had IV users say shit like “oh, just wait, it’s knly a matter of time until you start shooting” etc etc I have no desire to shoot up at all. I can tell you this though... those times that I can’t get good gear though... or times I’ve had to stretch shit out and make it last longer (this seems to be prevalent when going out of town (because no matter how much shit you take, you always run out 1 1/2 days ahead of schedule) That same thought, oh I’ll use less shit, oh I’ll actually get high instead of maintaining for once etc etc starts to creep in my head. That’s the addition part that takes over. And that’s the scary part. For me, luckily I have not surrendered to those sick thoughts and it’s important not to. I look at it like I have a big problem the way it is. And I don’t need it to get bigger. Good luck.
nah I wouldn't iv just need to get through until Thursday and not be weak.. I got 20 quid tomorrow night so at least I can get something actually I can get a 0.6 bag of good shit for 15 quid and have a fiver left for a bag I know a guy who does 2 bags of ten ten for a tenner and drops off its crazy and they say covid is meant to have caused a drought