• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is heroin really that much different?

Sorry but you're kidding yourself if you think that.

I only say this out of a combination of concern and experience. Nobody really knows what they're capable of until they've been desperate enough to find out.

There's lots of things I would have once been absolutely positive I would never do for money just to get drugs. I was wrong. The majority of people who think such things turn out to be wrong.

How do you deal with life being sober? I do not need to get high every day or even every week. But I do need to take the edge off a few times a month to keep myself going. I just find life to be extremely overwhelming without resetting myself. Everyone has their thing and for better or worse my thing just happens to be opiates. It is just so unfair that the government and pharmaceutical companies pushed out these wonderful little pills onto society only to restrict its access after everyone got a taste for them.

How do you deal with life being sober? I do not need to get high every day or even every week. But I do need to take the edge off a few times a month to keep myself going. I just find life to be extremely overwhelming without resetting myself. Everyone has their thing and for better or worse my thing just happens to be opiates. It is just so unfair that the government and pharmaceutical companies pushed out these wonderful little pills onto society only to restrict its access after everyone got a taste for them.

I honestly don't know. I haven't been able to deal with life entirely free of drugs for most of my life. At best I've been able to live a stable life on methadone for a prolonged period. Even that I wouldn't exactly call painless.

So yea, I dunno, some people seem to be able to do it though.

This is why I implore anyone who hasn't started opioids not to start if they possibly can. Cause once you do, sometimes it becomes nearly impossible to get away from them again.

Oxy an heroin are the 2 opiates I can't seem to control myself on. Also think at certain doses oxy can cause withdrawals as bad as heroin but heroin is faster acting an it's so quick to get you high an wear off causing the worst obsessive habitual use which makes it even worse than anything I've ever used though snorting oxy comes close.

Insufflation of street purity diacetylmorphine is probably just as expensive as you're paying for oxycodone, honestly - the low bioavailability and unpredictability of purity, compounded with true heroin #4 being next to impossible to find, makes the switch even more risk than reward.

Another thing about my experience, when I switched to heroin from oxycodone I was severely against intravenous use myself and almost judged people that IV in some convoluted justification that my addiction was acceptable - and also, I just didn't like needles either. Things change, quickly, when dealing in those environments.

Strange how "oxy is so expensive" but then heroin is more expensive than oxy ever was. There are probably quite a number of factors involved with that transition, but I've never seen anyone save money from the switch to powders.

Oxy is a neutered cat that scratches you when you don't caress it. Heroin is goddamn Chtulu, rising from his slumber and stomps everything to dust shall you ignore him.

I can't properly explain why; we don't possess the proper vocabulary; It's like explaning how love feels with mathematics.

I was functioning on subutex when that used to get me high as fuck sniffing it. Oxycodone aswell.

But heroin, that shit ruined me.

So I did end up trying it after all because curiosity got the better of me. First time I got really sick and ended up passing out even though I took a tiny bump. When I woke up a few hours later I was still super high. Ever since I started microdosing a few times a week just to relax and not even to get high.

I am starting to run out now and thinking about buying some more. I don't want this to become a habit but if I can just maintain microdosing I can stretch a single buy for a couple months. With all the nonsense of the pandemic this is the only thing that really helps me clear my mind these days.

I know this is a prevention community so no one is going to say go ahead and do it but I truly feel that I am in control of this. I think once the pandemic is over I will naturally just stop. I am only doing this now because I am stuck at home. Just a temporary time filler if you will.

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THIS SWITCH.

I can't put into words how bad of an idea this is. My roomate/best friend and I discovered opioids together. We were both very functional for quite some time... until heroin was
"just another opiate for him." He almost died and ruined his entire life within a couple of months when on oxycodone he was very functional and one could not even discern that he was an addict. Your tolerance will escalate to astronomical levels. It's also far more hedonistic than oxy (especially if the heroin is pure), so users completely go off the wall perpetually redosing. You cannot moderate your dose per milligram count, so how do you ever know if you're pushing it to overdose boundaries? Maybe you think you'll save money--at first you might... until you spend more money on heroin to the point that oxycodone looks cheap.

There's no going back if you do this. You will regret it deeply... I have never made this switch and at least I can combat my addiction and keep working on it via the doses. I am so unbelievably glad that I refused to use with him. Heroin is not another opiate. It's not just like oxycodone. I know that telling people not to do drugs simply does not work. But I can not make this post personal enough or clarify how much you will regret this. I've yet to meet a single heroin addict who is glad that they've tried it. If you insist on trying it, please know that most heroin addicts only way out was suboxone or methadone. It is that powerful of a substance. Most people cannot and never will quit.

The thread "should I try heroin" will give you a good glimpse of what it's like to have your entire life destroyed by heroin addiction. It's darker than anything I've read lol.
Listen to her! I’m an heroin addict. I’ve been on suboxone off and on for years and when I’m off suboxone I’m on the boi. It’s not just another opiate is right. I’ve been clean this time ab 6 weeks... until today. I moved to another state to try to get away from it but around 2 weeks ago I started getting cravings... so bad that I’ve been dreaming ab using! So today I went searching around town and finally found some and I have to wonder if this round of relapse will lead me to a fatal overdose. I’m not what you think when you think of an heroin addict. I’m clean cut educated intelligent with a profitable career as an industrial maintenance tech but unless I reign this in quickly I’ll end up resembling what you usually think of when you think an heroin addict. I thought the same thing you did. It’s cheaper it’ll be fine I’m not a full time user but that changed after trying boi. I can’t recommend anyone do it bc it’s got hooks like no other drug on this planet. No matter what you do be safe and don’t loose yourself in it. It’s easier to do than you think.

Hello friends I'm a long time lurker and first time poster. I have been chipping oxy for the past 3 years on the weekend (not every weekend). Lately sourcing has become difficult due to availability of legit pills and high prices. I was thinking of switching to heroin for economic reasons. I am not a junkie I am just an occasional enthusiast. I use it to treat myself like others drink expensive champagne or smoke fancy cigars.

I have a foolproof system to keep me from becoming an addict. I read that heroin has much longer legs than oxy. Everything from easy availability, to cheaper cost and less need to redose makes it sound very ideal. The only thing I am worried about is it being cut with fent because my ROA is sniffing.

I would like to read about the experiences of others who have made the switch from oxy to heroin. Thanks.
It will get you like it got everyone else you haven’t figured anything out that someone hasn’t already tried. Please do not try heroin.

Thing about heroin vs other opiates.. It's not that different, and yet it's also profoundly different.

What I mean is that from a rational cold biological perspective, heroin isn't that much different. But the differences that exist, in the cultural context heroin exists in, mean there are profound differences from other opiates.

Heroin is very powerful yet relatively short acting. Then withdrawal starts and comes on fast. This creates an enormous compulsion to constantly obtain more heroin and avoid getting sick.

Heroin also has a profound social stigma, eventually most if not all the people you hang around with are other junkies, and you all wind up enabling each other and normalizing a really shiitty scheming thieving lifestyle.

Not at all. there are countless accidents you can have mountain climbing and the nature of the hobby means that lots of them are fatal.

There's absolutely no reason why you would have a better mind either. I also didn't mention it as a theory or hypothesis, it was mentioned as a simile. Which it is as I said and gave examples of the likeness.
The main point is that Heroin and Extreme Sports are dangerous things done for fun, while one has its dangers pointed out as its flaws and the other has its dangers pointed out as its appeal.
It's hypocrisy in my opinion.

Absolutely yes
Dr David Nutt (psychiatrist , PhD in pharmacology where he described the inverse agonist for the first time , ex chief drug adviser of the uk) wrote an article in the journal of pharmacology where he compared the dangers of horse riding (“equasy” equine addiction syndrome) to the danger of mdma (ecstasy). Needless to say horse riding is much more dangerous than mdma. He questions why society encourages some risky activities such as extreme sports BUT discourages drug use . Must read

He was forced to resign over this publication

Last edited:
So I did end up trying it after all because curiosity got the better of me. First time I got really sick and ended up passing out even though I took a tiny bump. When I woke up a few hours later I was still super high. Ever since I started microdosing a few times a week just to relax and not even to get high.

I am starting to run out now and thinking about buying some more. I don't want this to become a habit but if I can just maintain microdosing I can stretch a single buy for a couple months. With all the nonsense of the pandemic this is the only thing that really helps me clear my mind these days.

I know this is a prevention community so no one is going to say go ahead and do it but I truly feel that I am in control of this. I think once the pandemic is over I will naturally just stop. I am only doing this now because I am stuck at home. Just a temporary time filler if you will.

I just read the thread to the end and saw you decided to try. I would suggest then, since you are a snorter, before you make the transition for good, have you given ORAL administration of oxycodone a few spins ? USUALLY when you snort more of the drug is absorbed- but oxycodone is an exception.

When taken orally ,You can also increase the amount of oxycodone that is absorbed in the system by eating a high fat meal.

“The bioavailability of oral administration of oxycodone averages within a range of 60 to 87% intranasal (snorted) varies between individuals with a mean of 46%.”

Good luck

Last edited:
I went from Dilaudid to white powder Heroin. My friend had a "family" connect straight from Maryland. That connect fell off eventually tho. And where I'm at in St. Pete Florida, finding a connect on heroin isn't easy. Nevermind when I did find locally it wasn't anywhere as good as what I got from up north. So back to Dillies it was...

It’s been two months, I really hope you’re ok man. I’ve lurked this site for a decade, and this is the first I’ve actually made an account to post. As soon as I started reading this thread I was really hoping you wouldn’t go through with it, and my heart dropped when I saw this update.

I’m not going to explain any more reasons, everyone in this thread already did a good job of that, but you should stop if you haven’t already. I used to do drugs “responsibly” and opiates were always my favorite. First tried them in high school back in ‘08 and it was never a problem, until it was. Now I’m dealing with bouncing between Suboxone, roxy, and H telling myself I’m trying To quit. I never intended on doing H, but once it happened things spiraled quickly and now the only reason pills are even in the equation still is because I moved away somewhere where only one person knows I’m ok with doing it and I have to hide it from a friend who has his own pill problem.

I just want to point out the seriousness of your update. The whole thread you swore you had a plan and would be responsible, but immediately are microdosing throughout the week, and if it hasn’t already it WILL progress further. I sincerely hope you’re doing ok currently.