• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is heroin really that much different?

Yes I was... The diacetylmorphine I was doing towards the end was high 90% purity nearly always. I don’t need to keep explaining how and why I know that but I can say without a shadow of doubt.

I’d probably be using a lot more than 250mg a day if it was anything but highly pure after years of use, unlimited access to morphine sulphate 100’s and Oxys of all shapes and sizes...

All that said, circumstances could of been different in other ways that might have made that one time off oxy worse than others.

-GC

I've got no reason to doubt your sincerity my friend and all I can say to the +90% pure is 'well played' on sourcing that level.
I've had Pharma back in the day which of course is 99+% in small ampules. (got a few 'one off' (you know what I mean, one off kind of score but happened a few times) Pharma Amps back in the day.
There was a maternity hospital with awful (pretty much non=existent) security on a road called Hedon Road in Hull where I lived. That got hit a few times for Opiates but they clamped down when the thieves started targeting the Temazepam and Valium.
I had a decent source of China White as well and what struck me was how 'off white' almost Afghan brown the gear was. That was in the 75%+ range as well.
Never needed citric but I never thought it cleared well enough from colloid unless it had Vit C in it.
Still, each person's body being different and all it still sounds so remarkable that what would easily kill three Opiate tolerance virgins (break that 1/4 of a gram into three large ten wraps or bags and then inject that 90+% pure Heroin into an adult with zero tolerance) and you thought a 40mg Oxy was worse withdrawal.
There's nothing that is worse in my opinion with massive DT Alcohol withdrawal and 0.2Gram Heroin being the worse withdrawal a (me) person can do.
And I've withdrawn from Codeine/DHC, Tramadol, Nitrazepam, and 200Ml Methadone.

As the AA guys will tell you, you know you’re in denial when you focus on the differences rather than the similarities. the details are so different from my life but the core is all still there:

1. start using drugs
2. Start using more drugs
3. You need drugs for a good experience
4. You need drugs constantly to avoid a negative experience
5. Time goes by and you have nothing to show for it.

To Quote the AA guys once more, your only possible outcomes are stopping, dying, or institutionalization.

Same could be said for mountain climbing?

1. start using mountain climbing
2. Start using more mountain climbing
3. You need mountain climbing for a good experience
4. You need mountain climbing constantly to avoid a negative experience
5. Time goes by and you have nothing to show for your mountain climbing.

To Quote the AA guys once more, your only possible outcomes to mountain climbing are stopping, dying, or institutionalization.

I remember the first time I bought heroin for myself clearly. I picked up a small bag after days of searching for pills. I was very dope sick so I asked the dealer if it was okay to use right then and there.

Go ahead my clients use in here all of the time. You can shoot up in the bathroom

I was surprised he thought I was one of those dirty junkies that shot up. I was firmly against it and told him I only snort. I said I'd never use a needle because it was stupid.

Do whatever you want man they all say the same thing the first time I meet them. If you aren't out in a few minutes I'll bring you some Narcan. I don't want to deal with a dead junkie in my house

He just casually went back to weighing out bags. I left and snorted a dose in my car. That first bag lasted me the better part of the week and I thought I was so smart because the same amount of oxy would have only lasted me for the night and wouldn't have gotten me high. I loved heroin because it was just like morphine and I was able to nod hard off of it.

Later that week a friend came over and we bought each bought a gram from the same dealer. When we got back to my house my friend wasn't kicking out any of his own. I had left a couple of lines on a plate in my bedroom while we were attending a party on the property. I was bar tending so I couldn't use for a few hours. My friend is sitting across the bar from me drinking the better part of a 5th of liquor for free. An hour or so into the party he starts bugging me for another hit out of my bag. I tell him I don't want him going in my parent's house so if he needed a hit that badly he should do some out of his bag in his car. He keeps bugging me to do the lines off the plate up at the house. I eventually get tired of this and tell him

Look man, I'm busy and you aren't going in my Dad's place. When this party is over we will snort as much as you want off of this bar but until then you need to chill the fuck out.

He gets mad and leaves while causing a scene. I'm pissed so I have someone cover the bar for a few minutes while another friend and myself go up to the house to smoke a joint. While we're smoking it I hear a knock on my door. The guy is back and is now accusing us of doing my heroin without him. I'm really pissed now so I tell him to leave and not come back. I slam the door in his face. He kicks in the door and is raising hell. He kept eye balling a pistol that was sitting on the bed between us. I'd left the pistol in my room because I didn't like having it when I was bartending. As he's arguing with me his eyes keep looking at the pistol and back at me.

I pick up the gun with the intention of putting it in my waistband so he couldn't grab it. He assumes I'm planning to shoot him and gets even more pissed. He ends up charging me and getting his feet tangled up with the other friend who was standing between us trying to chill things out. They both end up falling right at my feet. I'm scared so as he was charging me I had racked the slide. He looks up and is staring down the barrel of my .45. He finally decides maybe it's a good idea to leave. He would end up nearly losing his arm over shooting heroin later that year.

Don't fuck with heroin it always ends up with a bad time. I swore off of it that day and didn't touch it for another year or two. The next time I snorted some I woke up to a pistol in my face. That's a whole other story. After having a gun involved for a second time I decided it isn't worth the trouble and never sought it out again. There is just something about heroin that always leads to bad people showing up or good people turning bad. I've had my problems with pill heads but heroin dealers/addicts are just on their own level.

^^^ H can lead to some bad addicts/users/sellers and so on. i myself have found myself staring at the barrel of a gun and at the same time also saw myself looking down the sights of a gun becuase of H. And it can happen to anyone, no matter your social or income status. H is a dangerous thing to play with and when its got you hooked you will find yourself in situations that you normally wont find yourself in when not addicted or messing around with H. For me its like a whole new world you step into and then you really see all sides of life, which in a way is not bad as you get to see what you in for but also you get to see what you in for in the long run too. Just be carefull with this drug, it's so unpredictable its not even funny.

^^^ H can lead to some bad addicts/users/sellers and so on. i myself have found myself staring at the barrel of a gun and at the same time also saw myself looking down the sights of a gun becuase of H. And it can happen to anyone, no matter your social or income status.

Everyone says it won't happen to them. They won't get addicted, they won't steal, they won't shoot up, they won't hang around with those people. Everyone thinks they're smarter and will manage to use this stuff without all the usual problems. Everyone eventually goes down the same path with it. Doesn't matter where you start you always end up broke, cold, hungry, sick, and shaken.

Heroin is the great equalizer.

Same could be said for mountain climbing?

1. start using mountain climbing
2. Start using more mountain climbing
3. You need mountain climbing for a good experience
4. You need mountain climbing constantly to avoid a negative experience
5. Time goes by and you have nothing to show for your mountain climbing.

Not quite. 1-3, yes. Possibly #4, maybe? But, you would have better health, a better body, a better mind, and countless healthy and positive experiences from #5, so that fails the theory.

Everyone says it won't happen to them. They won't get addicted, they won't steal, they won't shoot up, they won't hang around with those people. Everyone thinks they're smarter and will manage to use this stuff without all the usual problems. Everyone eventually goes down the same path with it. Doesn't matter where you start you always end up broke, cold, hungry, sick, and shaken.

Sad but true

Not quite. 1-3, yes. Possibly #4, maybe? But, you would have better health, a better body, a better mind, and countless healthy and positive experiences from #5, so that fails the theory.

Not at all. there are countless accidents you can have mountain climbing and the nature of the hobby means that lots of them are fatal.

There's absolutely no reason why you would have a better mind either. I also didn't mention it as a theory or hypothesis, it was mentioned as a simile. Which it is as I said and gave examples of the likeness.
The main point is that Heroin and Extreme Sports are dangerous things done for fun, while one has its dangers pointed out as its flaws and the other has its dangers pointed out as its appeal.
It's hypocrisy in my opinion.

I have been taking opioids for several decades, of course also heroin, most of the time for chronic pain, but also for entertainment, I never ended up fooling myself, maybe influenced by the fact that most of my childhood friends died from it.
Heroin has something special that when you want to realize you are taking it daily, it happened to me a two times. In all this time (about 20 years), although I have rectified in time, nothing similar has happened to me with any other opioid, I speak from codeine, morphine, hydrocone, oxycodone etc ...
I guess because of the effects the effects are almost immediate and considering other opioids few side effects.
Please read this as not an incitement to use but to the contrary, there are very good opioids like oxycodone and they have much less potential for abuse.

I could never rob people. Even if I was hungry and need money for food I couldn't do it. I am just not a confrontational person. I don't have it in me to commit crimes against others. If I were to buy heroin it would have to be sourced from darknet markets as I am too anxious to go looking for it on the streets.

I have been taking opioids for several decades, of course also heroin, most of the time for chronic pain, but also for entertainment, I never ended up fooling myself, maybe influenced by the fact that most of my childhood friends died from it.
Heroin has something special that when you want to realize you are taking it daily, it happened to me a two times. In all this time (about 20 years), although I have rectified in time, nothing similar has happened to me with any other opioid, I speak from codeine, morphine, hydrocone, oxycodone etc ...
I guess because of the effects the effects are almost immediate and considering other opioids few side effects.
Please read this as not an incitement to use but to the contrary, there are very good opioids like oxycodone and they have much less potential for abuse.

What if I just try it to see what it's like? I read all the posts in here saying how they eventually got addicted and lost control after using it for a few years. What if I just don't let myself get to that point? Just try it a few times to cross it off the list and then forget about it. Like summiting Everest.

All the stories in here have made me realize it is probably good idea to give up opiates. But before I do that I just have to try heroin just to see for myself and only then will I be able to move on. Until then there will always be this lingering itch that I have to scratch (not sure if this makes sense).

I know I won't become a junkie because I don't have the money to fund an expensive habit and I grew up too sheltered to ever resort to crime for money.

Sorry but you're kidding yourself if you think that.

I only say this out of a combination of concern and experience. Nobody really knows what they're capable of until they've been desperate enough to find out.

There's lots of things I would have once been absolutely positive I would never do for money just to get drugs. I was wrong. The majority of people who think such things turn out to be wrong.

Sorry but you're kidding yourself if you think that.

I only say this out of a combination of concern and experience. Nobody really knows what they're capable of until they've been desperate enough to find out.

There's lots of things I would have once been absolutely positive I would never do for money just to get drugs. I was wrong. The majority of people who think such things turn out to be wrong.
this is extremely true.

I could never rob people. Even if I was hungry and need money for food I couldn't do it. I am just not a confrontational person. I don't have it in me to commit crimes against others. If I were to buy heroin it would have to be sourced from darknet markets as I am too anxious to go looking for it on the streets.

What if I just try it to see what it's like? I read all the posts in here saying how they eventually got addicted and lost control after using it for a few years. What if I just don't let myself get to that point?

If you were able to not let yourself get to that point, why wouldn't you be able to not "scratch that itch" as you describe? If you can't stand just not trying heroin, how can you possibly expect to resist the substantially more powerful mental and physical pressure a heroin habit puts you under?

I never actually outright robbed people either. Not being the confrontational type doesn't mean anything cause it's not required to be to do horrible things to support a heroin habit.

In my case me and my partner at the time would sometimes con people, or find other non violent non upfront ways to steal money. I would occasionally prostitute myself. But the predominant way we made money was we both begged for it.

None of this stuff is a good way to live and all of it wears on your soul. And most of it I would have once said there was no way I'd end up doing.

But when you're sick, or know you'll soon be sick and need money, all you can think about is how to get more. You know that you just gotta do this one bad thing and then you can get high and try and forget about it. Most people don't have the willpower to stop themselves.

It's not just the physical agony of withdrawal, withdrawal has this way of tricking your mind into feeling this terror like you HAVE to have it or you won't make it. You might rationally know you won't die, but it doesn't feel like it. And that terror compels you to behave in ways you didn't think yourself capable of.

Last edited:
Oxycodone is buzzy and stimulating (because of thebaine - aka "stimulant morphine") which I prefer because I was at least able to go about my life and function

Exactly on the money...that semi-synthetic thebaine derivative Mu agonist ...Oxycodone HCL

Oral Oxycodone HCL is the most euphoric, anxiolytic, pro social stimulating, pleasurable warmth of any opioid Ive even taken. Even though more potent, Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) is more sedating, and less pleasurable, yes, I.V. HM. All of the morphine alkaloid derivatives such as Morphine / Diamorphine / Hydromorphone , etc are much more prone to produce sedation, nausea, itching, etc

The mildly stimulating euphoric mood lift of even oral Oxycodone, substantially surpassed that of I.V. Hydromorphone ...damn I cherished those memories of being opioid nieve and feeling the Euphoric warmth creep in from Oxycodone.

The only TRUE euphoria I ever experience was from Oxycodone and Methylphenidate. I wish I had my Rita script way back when I had my OxyIR script lol. Damn near orgasmic.

Ritalin + ethanol produced Intense euphoria for me, while Vyvanse never has (3 hours for peak plasma levels). I’m sure IR Dexedrine would be a different story lol

For someone who is baseline to all substances, oral Ritalin 10mg + Oxy IR 10mg followed by 3.oz Jin cocktail would be a ticket to heaven in 1 hour....followed by maybe 0.5mg Xanax few hours after.

sorry, got off topic lol....just remembering the advantages of being opioid nieve with zero tolerance. Now it’s daily Methadone 80mg (which can still be mildly pleasurable) but doesn’t even come close.

Heroin is no different to any other opioid. In fact Heroin is just (an impure) Diamorphine; a drug that is used medically. I have been given IV diamorphine before in hospital for very severe pain.
It's arguably WORSE than the other opioids because you have no idea of it's purity or what it's been cut with.
Of course IV heroin is going to be way more euphoric than oral Codeine or Tramadol, but there's certainly nothing special about it. I actually find IV Morphine, Oxy and Hydromorphone are more euphoric than Heroin.

Exactly on the money...that semi-synthetic thebaine derivative Mu agonist ...Oxycodone HCL

Oral Oxycodone HCL is the most euphoric, anxiolytic, pro social stimulating, pleasurable warmth of any opioid Ive even taken. Even though more potent, Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) is more sedating, and less pleasurable, yes, I.V. HM. All of the morphine alkaloid derivatives such as Morphine / Diamorphine / Hydromorphone , etc are much more prone to produce sedation, nausea, itching, etc

The mildly stimulating euphoric mood lift of even oral Oxycodone, substantially surpassed that of I.V. Hydromorphone ...damn I cherished those memories of being opioid nieve and feeling the Euphoric warmth creep in from Oxycodone.

The only TRUE euphoria I ever experience was from Oxycodone and Methylphenidate. I wish I had my Rita script way back when I had my OxyIR script lol. Damn near orgasmic.

Ritalin + ethanol produced Intense euphoria for me, while Vyvanse never has (3 hours for peak plasma levels). I’m sure IR Dexedrine would be a different story lol

For someone who is baseline to all substances, oral Ritalin 10mg + Oxy IR 10mg followed by 3.oz Jin cocktail would be a ticket to heaven in 1 hour....followed by maybe 0.5mg Xanax few hours after.

sorry, got off topic lol....just remembering the advantages of being opioid nieve with zero tolerance. Now it’s daily Methadone 80mg (which can still be mildly pleasurable) but doesn’t even come close.

I really do enjoy life better on oxycodone and objectively so. It just hard counters my inability to feel excitement. Sadly even if I live sobriety to the fullest it still is just not comparable to being on oxy. I know that the euphoria diminishes and it will never be what we want it to... but still. I have never enjoyed being alive as much as I did when I was on oxycodone for 3 years lol. I know that everyone is better off without it unless they have unbearable chronic pain and can't get out of bed without it... but if anyone wants to venmo me for an unlimited oxycodone script (that will be 500K please thank you) I am more than willing to accept the transaction :)

It really has been too hard to live without but I have no plans to do it more than once in a blue moon. Each day just feels like a flat and grey world. Some people just lack natural endorphins/dopamine so they can't appreciate life as it's intended to be. Oh well. Adderall fun it is.

I really do enjoy life better on oxycodone and objectively so. It just hard counters my inability to feel excitement. Sadly even if I live sobriety to the fullest it still is just not comparable to being on oxy. I know that the euphoria diminishes and it will never be what we want it to... but still. I have never enjoyed being alive as much as I did when I was on oxycodone for 3 years lol. I know that everyone is better off without it unless they have unbearable chronic pain and can't get out of bed without it... but if anyone wants to venmo me for an unlimited oxycodone script (that will be 500K please thank you) I am more than willing to accept the transaction :)

It really has been too hard to live without but I have no plans to do it more than once in a blue moon. Each day just feels like a flat and grey world. Some people just lack natural endorphins/dopamine so they can't appreciate life as it's intended to be. Oh well. Adderall fun it is.
I do adderall or Ritalin now that I’m off the oxy and the first couple mins or hour after dosing it’s allllmost like the first couple mins of oxy high , not quiet but almost then I just get anxious but it feels tougher on your body than oxy . Oxy always felt healthy to me as a drug . I miss it so much but Kratom it is nowadays ...

I do adderall or Ritalin now that I’m off the oxy and the first couple mins or hour after dosing it’s allllmost like the first couple mins of oxy high , not quiet but almost then I just get anxious but it feels tougher on your body than oxy . Oxy always felt healthy to me as a drug . I miss it so much but Kratom it is nowadays ...

Not a day has gone by so far where I don't think about oxy. It doesn't even feel that good but your brain seems to always remember opiates as "the best feeling in the world." Such a heinous situation to undo. I have an adderall script though. I was what the kids these days call a "poly-substance" addict or whatever it is. They actually counteracted each other so I was able to be functional throughout my oxy use. That and never chasing nods because I don't enjoy not knowing if I will wake up or not. I miss being able to feel beautiful any time of the day I wanted. Alas I assume anyone opiate-dependent has some form of unrecognized depression. So you finally break free of opiate addiction and suffer for months of withdrawal-induced misery and on top of that still have your normal depression recurrences. Kind of unfair for something so good to bring about so much pain lol!

Adderall is fairly easy to acquire a prescription for if it genuinely keeps you off oxy. It's much rougher on the body and mind but I find it easy to take breaks from (probably because of the lack of a withdrawal that makes one unable to eat, sleep, or do anything besides lay in bed sweating and crippled with depression ;)). It's definitely underrated and underestimated by the U.S. in terms of its addictive capabilities. I find it to be just as addictive as opioids. But maybe people don't like the paranoia aspect or find stimulants to be harsh.

Sorry OP the thread has been derailed. I recommend that you in fact--should not--do heroin. Oxy is more than enough lol. If you struggle with anxiety wait until the perpetual fear of dopesickness comes for you soul just a couple hours after your last dose.

Last edited:
I really do enjoy life better on oxycodone and objectively so. It just hard counters my inability to feel excitement. Sadly even if I live sobriety to the fullest it still is just not comparable to being on oxy. I know that the euphoria diminishes and it will never be what we want it to... but still. I have never enjoyed being alive as much as I did when I was on oxycodone for 3 years lol.

You sound exactly like me. I've been dabbling with oxy for around 3 years as well. I really do believe it enriches my life for the better. This kratom crap is really not doing it for me. I really need to find a new source. I've tried all kinds of drugs and alcohol and all of them make me feel like shit. Opiates are the only things that actually relieve my anxiety and erase the existential dread that plagues my mind. Sobriety is just so dull after experiencing the highs that opiates give you.

Sorry OP the thread has been derailed. I recommend that you in fact--should not--do heroin. Oxy is more than enough lol. If you struggle with anxiety wait until the perpetual fear of dopesickness comes for you soul just a couple hours after your last dose.

How do people get legit scripts for oxy? Do docs even prescribe it anymore? Heroin is so readily available and so much cheaper. If I could just find legit oxy for a fair price I would stick with that. I have never been dopesick or had withdrawals. I never use more than a few days in a row.