• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is heroin really that much different?

hauntedparadise

Bluelighter
Hello friends I'm a long time lurker and first time poster. I have been chipping oxy for the past 3 years on the weekend (not every weekend). Lately sourcing has become difficult due to availability of legit pills and high prices. I was thinking of switching to heroin for economic reasons. I am not a junkie I am just an occasional enthusiast. I use it to treat myself like others drink expensive champagne or smoke fancy cigars.

I have a foolproof system to keep me from becoming an addict. I read that heroin has much longer legs than oxy. Everything from easy availability, to cheaper cost and less need to redose makes it sound very ideal. The only thing I am worried about is it being cut with fent because my ROA is sniffing.

I would like to read about the experiences of others who have made the switch from oxy to heroin. Thanks.

Hello friends I'm a long time lurker and first time poster. I have been chipping oxy for the past 3 years on the weekend (not every weekend). Lately sourcing has become difficult due to availability of legit pills and high prices. I was thinking of switching to heroin for economic reasons. I am not a junkie I am just an occasional enthusiast. I use it to treat myself like others drink expensive champagne or smoke fancy cigars.

I have a foolproof system to keep me from becoming an addict. I read that heroin has much longer legs than oxy. Everything from easy availability, to cheaper cost and less need to redose makes it sound very ideal. The only thing I am worried about is it being cut with fent because my ROA is sniffing.

I would like to read about the experiences of others who have made the switch from oxy to heroin. Thanks.
don't know how full prove your plan is but don't go there.. that's my input..

I would make 100% for certain you can actually get heroin #3, heroin #4 or BTH before you even consider this. If you're in the US, chances are high it's fentanyl or fentadope, and it's an incredibly boring opioid among other problematic factors.

Beyond all that, it's really not worth going from a regulated substance to an unregulated substance, no matter how well you think your plan is, it's probably nowhere close to fool-proof dealing in the uncertainty of an unregulated black market.

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THIS SWITCH.

I can't put into words how bad of an idea this is. My roomate/best friend and I discovered opioids together. We were both very functional for quite some time... until heroin was
"just another opiate for him." He almost died and ruined his entire life within a couple of months when on oxycodone he was very functional and one could not even discern that he was an addict. Your tolerance will escalate to astronomical levels. It's also far more hedonistic than oxy (especially if the heroin is pure), so users completely go off the wall perpetually redosing. You cannot moderate your dose per milligram count, so how do you ever know if you're pushing it to overdose boundaries? Maybe you think you'll save money--at first you might... until you spend more money on heroin to the point that oxycodone looks cheap.

There's no going back if you do this. You will regret it deeply... I have never made this switch and at least I can combat my addiction and keep working on it via the doses. I am so unbelievably glad that I refused to use with him. Heroin is not another opiate. It's not just like oxycodone. I know that telling people not to do drugs simply does not work. But I can not make this post personal enough or clarify how much you will regret this. I've yet to meet a single heroin addict who is glad that they've tried it. If you insist on trying it, please know that most heroin addicts only way out was suboxone or methadone. It is that powerful of a substance. Most people cannot and never will quit.

The thread "should I try heroin" will give you a good glimpse of what it's like to have your entire life destroyed by heroin addiction. It's darker than anything I've read lol.

Last edited:
don't know how full prove your plan is but don't go there.. that's my input..

Unfortunately finding legit oxy is becoming harder and the prices keep getting higher. I would continue to stick with oxy if I had a choice.

I never liked doing other drugs as they all give me anxiety or do not produce any euphoria. Opiates are the only thing can gave me relief from anxiety and stress.

I never tried heroin but I suspect it will give the same effects as oxy.

I'm gonna have to go and disagree with most people in this thread. There's really not that much difference between oxy and heroin... and how they work in the brain, and heroin is way cheaper so it makes sense to me to make the switch. Just make sure you're getting real stuff as its much safer than fentanyl ( go online, not the streets and find vendors with a good rep)

Unfortunately finding legit oxy is becoming harder and the prices keep getting higher. I would continue to stick with oxy if I had a choice.

I never liked doing other drugs as they all give me anxiety or do not produce any euphoria. Opiates are the only thing can gave me relief from anxiety and stress.

I was in the same position as you back in 2016. I, too, made the decision to go to heroin because I was constantly sick and the prices skyrocketed and I was in severe debt and I was losing the ability to hold it all together. Instead of going to rehab, I started buying heroin. 9 months later, I had sepsis and endocarditis. 3 open heart surgeries later, an artificial heart valve, a pacemaker and the loss of my lower lobe in right lung, I wish I could go back in time and just have dealt with it then. Now I'm 33 years old, disabled and I'll be lucky to live to 60. I can't stress enough, that is a terrible, terrible, terrible reason to switch to heroin.

I would make 100% for certain you can actually get heroin #3, heroin #4 or BTH before you even consider this. If you're in the US, chances are high it's fentanyl or fentadope, and it's an incredibly boring opioid among other problematic factors.

Beyond all that, it's really not worth going from a regulated substance to an unregulated substance, no matter how well you think your plan is, it's probably nowhere close to fool-proof dealing in the uncertainty of an unregulated black market.

I found a source for number 4 but I am paranoid of it being cut with fent. Another reason why I have stayed away from pressed pills. I plan on strip testing it but I know there are fentalogues that are undetectable. The only reason why I have stuck with oxy for this long despite high prices is because of fent. I read it is a shitty high with great OD risk.

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THIS SWITCH.

I can't put into words how bad of an idea this is. My roomate/best friend and I discovered opioids together. We were both very functional for quite some time... until heroin was
"just another opiate for him." He almost died and ruined his entire life within a couple of months when on oxycodone he was very functional and one could not even discern that he was an addict. Your tolerance will escalate to astronomical levels. It's also far more hedonistic than oxy (especially if the heroin is pure), so users completely go off the wall perpetually redosing. You cannot moderate your dose per milligram count, so how do you ever know if you're pushing it to overdose boundaries? Maybe you think you'll save money--at first you might... until you spend more money on heroin to the point that oxycodone looks cheap.

There's no going back if you do this. You will regret it deeply... I have never made this switch and at least I can combat my addiction and keep working on it via the doses. Heroin is not another opiate. It's not just like oxycodone. I know that telling people not to do drugs simply does not work. But I can not make this post personal enough or clarify how much you will regret this. I've yet to meet a single heroin addict who is glad that they've tried it.

I would stay with oxy if I could. But as you well know sourcing has dried up lately and prices keep climbing. No one even knows that I chip oxy on the weekend and I lead a very productive life during the week.

I am deadily afraid of needles so I would just be sniffing it. I can see how people would become fiends if they shoot up but I would never go that route.

The price is one of the only things allowing your use to not ruin your entire life. I'm probably being too aggressive but you have no idea what's coming for you. Nobody can understand it until they go through it. Good luckkkk stay safe everyone

This is like saying you can't get any fireworks, so instead going to get some unstable dynamite. Heroin with plow through you man. Its not just heroin its the life. You will have to live it for yourself to see. But look around and read 1st. You can save yourself a lot of pain.

If you think you can't get hooked off sniffing you are crazy. But you will hit the needle once you realize you will get 5x higher, and one day you might have the tiniest bit a try to IV it. Same story for all.

I am deadily afraid of needles so I would just be sniffing it. I can see how people would become fiends if they shoot up but I would never go that route.

Insufflation of street purity diacetylmorphine is probably just as expensive as you're paying for oxycodone, honestly - the low bioavailability and unpredictability of purity, compounded with true heroin #4 being next to impossible to find, makes the switch even more risk than reward.

Another thing about my experience, when I switched to heroin from oxycodone I was severely against intravenous use myself and almost judged people that IV in some convoluted justification that my addiction was acceptable - and also, I just didn't like needles either. Things change, quickly, when dealing in those environments.

Last edited:
I'm gonna have to go and disagree with most people in this thread. There's really not that much difference between oxy and heroin... and how they work in the brain, and heroin is way cheaper so it makes sense to me to make the switch. Just make sure you're getting real stuff as its much safer than fentanyl ( go online, not the streets and find vendors with a good rep)

Have you made the switch as well? Are the highs pretty much the same?

The price is one of the only things allowing your use to not ruin your entire life. I'm probably being too aggressive but you have no idea what's coming for you. Nobody can understand it until they go through it. Good luckkkk stay safe everyone

Why do you say this? I am curious. How much more powerful is heroin? I thought mg per mg it is pretty similar.

I'm gonna have to go and disagree with most people in this thread

If we were discussing switching between pharmaceutical oxycodone and pharmaceutical diacetylmorphine, I'd be more apt to agree somewhat.

The issue isn't diacetylmorphine itself (it's a lovely drug, probably my favorite ever), it's dealing with the insanity in the unpredictable market currently available.

This is like saying you can't get any fireworks, so instead going to get some unstable dynamite. Heroin with plow through you man. Its not just heroin its the life. You will have to live it for yourself to see. But look around and read 1st. You can save yourself a lot of pain.

If you think you can't get hooked off sniffing you are crazy. But you will hit the needle once you realize you will get 5x higher, and one day you might have the tiniest bit a try to IV it. Same story for all.

Why do you say this? Is it because heroin is unreliable from batch to batch? Like one could be stepped on and the next could be pure or cut with fent? That is my biggest concern the unreliable dosing. I am not a dope fiend. I don't chase the high I only do it on the weekends for stress relief and to treat myself.

Insufflation of street purity diacetylmorphine is probably just as expensive as you're paying for oxycodone, honestly - the low bioavailability and unpredictability of purity, compounded with true heroin #4 being next to impossible to find, makes the switch even more risk than reward.

Another thing about my experience, when I switched to heroin from oxycodone I was severely against intravenous use myself and almost judged people that IV in some convoluted justification that my addiction was acceptable - and also, I just didn't like needles either. Things change, quickly, when dealing in those environments.

BA of oxy is also ~50% when sniffing. But I have a system to improve this. I use a nasal wash to prep my sinus before I do lines. I make many tiny lines and redose every 5 mins to improve BA. Plus I have a low tolerance due to limiting myself to weekends only.

I don't want to switch to heroin. I think everyone would rather have a pharmaceutical product clean and predictable. The problem is it is getting so scarce out there finding legit roxies.

Have you made the switch as well? Are the highs pretty much the same?

Why do you say this? I am curious. How much more powerful is heroin? I thought mg per mg it is pretty similar.

I have tried it via the snorting route a while back. Luckily it wasn't good stuff at the time so it didn't have mind-blowing euphoria and I just chose to walk away after seeing what was happening to my buddy. Oxycodone is buzzy and stimulating (because of thebaine - aka "stimulant morphine") which I prefer because I was at least able to go about my life and function like a normal human being. Heroin makes you nod out. Literally you'll be nodding in front of others so it's very easy to have your cover blown if you're interested in maintaining cover. Everyone within his life knew he was on drugs at that point. Nobody had any idea about the oxycodone use. He was forced into vivitrol shot treatment by his family and painfully withdrew for many months completely unable to be high or gain any relief from the monstrous withdrawal he was facing.

So he was dysfunctional and nodding out all times of the day. I actually did not see him able to stay awake for some time. It really was not a good look in any shape or form and he seemed inhuman to me and had no personality throughout his heroin use. Again, this is a normal and healthy mentally and physically abled young man. It's also one of those things in life which is too good to be true once you find pure heroin. That would be appealing for addicts no doubt.. but once you lose control of your use--and I've never known a opiate addict who could control his/her heroin use once they made the switch---you just dose and dose perpetually until it loses all of it's euphoria and positive qualities after I would say a good year. Two years at best of positive qualities of use. Soon you'll be anxious and depressed desperate for the next batch. The sickness is really what showed me how powerful heroin is in comparison to oxycodone. Heroin withdrawal in most cases one cannot power through. The physical symptoms were significantly stronger than oxy withdrawal. He basically could not do anything until he scored another batch. Heroin can take any perfectly great person and completely strip their will to live away from them.

If you absolutely insist I can not stop you nor do I want to control what anyone puts in their own body. I believe that everyone has a right to make a deeply personal choice. But you objectively will not enjoy what happens. You will not like what it makes you become.

BA of oxy is also ~50% when sniffing

Of course, bioavailability is only one component. The incredibly low purity compounded with the bioavailability of street heroin is the problem. That's why people typically switch to parenteral route of administration to combat the low purity level of street heroin, significantly increasing their risk.

I use a nasal wash to prep my sinus before I do lines. I make many tiny lines and redose every 5 mins to improve BA.

I'm not sure how this will improve diacetylmorphine intranasal bioavailability, to be honest. The bioavailability is how efficiently the molecules pass through the nasal mucosa. Is there any literature that suggests this will increase bioavailability?

Last edited:
if possible i would pay more for the oxy and use less then move over to street H and have a terrible future ahead, not saying its gonna happen but have seen it happen many times over.

If we were discussing switching between pharmaceutical oxycodone and pharmaceutical diacetylmorphine, I'd be more apt to agree somewhat.

The issue isn't diacetylmorphine itself (it's a lovely drug, probably my favorite ever), it's dealing with the insanity in the unpredictable market currently available.

Honestly I would rather just stick with oxy but finding legit pills is becoming so hard lately. I can't say that I am not curious about heroin though. In my mind I cannot even imagine anything that feels better than oxy.

Once the market recovers and more oxy becomes available I plan on switching back. It is just a temporary stop gap.

Honestly I would rather just stick with oxy but finding legit pills is becoming so hard lately. I can't say that I am not curious about heroin though. In my mind I cannot even imagine anything that feels better than oxy.

Once the market recovers and more oxy becomes available I plan on switching back. It is just a temporary stop gap.

and that's how it begins