View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[2C-B Subthread] 2C-B Aftereffects/Side Effects

psychoblast

Bluelighter
After effects of 2cb? (long and short term)

This is the sub-thread of the Big and Dandy 2C-B thread in which to discuss aftereffects and side effects, either negative or positive. Please direct all questions and discussion about 2C-B side effects to this thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was wondering if 2cb feels as good as e, does that mean it has similar after effects? I'm curious both about short term effects (like e-pression--is there 2cb-pression) and long term effects (like people who do too much e getting nightmares or chronically depressed, etc.)? Also, any other health effects that might be out there -- like if it is hard on the kidneys, etc.

Anyway, from reading on Erowid and what I found on a bluelight search, I haven't seen any mention of feeling depressed in the days after you do 2cb, and I haven't seen any mention of people saying they are having physical or psychological problems they attribute to 2cb (except on erowid report, where the guy insufflated a whole lot).

Thanks in advance for any info.

~psychoblast~

Last edited by a moderator:
Pie

The long term effects of 2C-B have never been studies in humans. The answer to your question is pretty much unknown.

I know this is very subjective but I find that drugs that are considered "worse" for you such as pills, alcohol, and amphetamine leave me feeling a lot more cracked out/ill after I've done them. It's like my body and my head telling me they're pretty bad. This also happened when I've taken 5meo-dipt. It doesn't happen with 2C-B.

2C-B for me can feel better than an E but I have to make the effort to make it better (makes perfect sense to me but it's pretty hard to explain). It seems to offer a unified psychedelic experience with the perfect amount of distortion on each sense. It also quite forgiving as it doesn't induce too much head trip so a little over the dose just seems to give more intense visual and audio effects.

As for short term "comedown" effects I find that if I've taken a fair amount over the course of the night then residual effects continue for quite a long period after the last dose. I also feel slightly cracked out but that's probably more to do with the lack of sleep than anything else. I still think straight and my memory remains intact (unlike on an E comedown).

Once the residual effects have disappeared then I really don't notice many other unwanted side effects. My mood is generally lifted for several days afterwards and I feel more at peace with myself.

One noticeable after effect (This continued for some time) was a slight trippy edge to my vision (I think it's called HPPD). I'd see slight trails and colours would shimmer. This happened after taking 50mg spread out over approximately 6 hours.

I did 2CB every friday night for 6 weeks, then a few random weeks following that when I could get it for a while. I never had a bad come down ever other then the tired joint/muscle body feeling. I felt better in those 2 months then I've ever felt in my life, after each experience something new would come into my life and Ive never forgotten it. I wish I still felt like that but the memory remains. I never noticed feeling cracked out at all, no head fuck or anything like it. Didnt even notice any tolerence to be honest. I could die happy if I could try it just one more time.

Yes, I, too did not experience any significant after effects after a 25 mg dose. When I began to come down I had some slight difficulties standing in line at the dining hall due to my easy distractability and mild irritability. This went away soon though. The next day, I experienced some subtle muscle soreness related to the strong body effects but the day after the discomfort was gone. The visuals did not strike me as strong however i noticed a slight enhancement of color in the following days. It does feel good but not in the same way as ecstasy feels good. E has more constant euphoria while 2cb's pleasure can come in bursts. :\

there aren't really many negative mental after effects of 2cb, more positive. i've noticed that a day or two after I take 2cb, I find myself in a good mood, slightly better than normal actually.

if i've done a larger amount of 2cb recently, i will sometimes find myself seeing things out of the corner of my eye for up to three week later

but, this was when i was doing *a lot* of 2cb (up to 75 mg in 24 hours)

normal recreational dose, you probably won't see anything like that happen

For real, both 2c-i and 2c-b are the most gentle drugs I have ever done. Although this is simply my opinion and loosely based on science, I agree with a statement made a few posts up about the crackout telling you how bad the drug was for you. Generally speaking, I get extrememly cracked out on drugs such as meth, E, amt (worst crack out ever, this drug feels BAD), foxy, etc. Two of these have numerous reports out detailing the ill effects they have on body/mind. The other two just feel like shit the next couple of days, and can leave me drained for up to a week.

2ci, 2cb, and the shorter lasting tryptamines such as DPT, DMT, and 5meoDMT are some of the only drugs I can take and still be able to fall right to sleep once they wear off with absolutely no ill effects later, save for maybe sore leg muscles (from partying all night). I usually take a shitload of anti-oxidants during and after my trip, just to make sure i'm not creating too many free-radicals in my head...and aside from that it doesn't feel like I'm doing any damage to my seratonin system (like meth and E) because I dont get the usual jaw-clenching eye-rolling effects nor does my general mood (whether good or bad) change at all after it's done and over. When I was doing E and meth (and amt, to a lesser extent), my depression rates would tank after dosing anything more than once or twice a month.

Last edited:
2cb only feels toxic to me when i redose at least twice orally and nasally.then it gives me sharp pains in what i can only think of as my appendix area. i binged on 2cb for weeks trying to prove something to myself.i had given up on 2cbs power until i took it with mdma last friday.it truely is one of my favorite combinations.

2c-b sometimes gives me heavy stomache pains and intense nausea.
This happend twice (taken 2c-b about 10-15 times), and one time it was so bad I had to lie down and didn't want to/couldn't move (this was on a cycling road full of old people :\ )

this was mostly during the coming up, does anyone think this is because of impurities, or is this more part of the "normal" unconfortable feelings that can happen during the come-ups of psychedelics.

^
I get some nausea every time I take 2c-b by itself. Sometimes it passes after the drug has fully taken effect, sometimes it is there in a very mild form the whole time.

BUT - whenever I have taken it after MDMA, I don't even get the slightest bit of nausea at all. Nothing. Even if I take a lot of it, no discomfort at all.

^i have the same experience as you Fizz
But even with the mild nausea i find the body high to be very pleasant.
The nausea just prevents me from smoking anything (except DMT) while im tripping. Even a hit of pot makes me gag and want to puke.

fizzacyst said:
^
I get some nausea every time I take 2c-b by itself. Sometimes it passes after the drug has fully taken effect, sometimes it is there in a very mild form the whole time.

BUT - whenever I have taken it after MDMA, I don't even get the slightest bit of nausea at all. Nothing. Even if I take a lot of it, no discomfort at all.

That has been my experience exactly, also. I've only tried it twice by itself but probably dozens of times after MDMA. Both experiences were accompanied by a constant stomach-oriented body load, whereas my stomach has never bothered me with the MDMA combination.

By itself, I don't like 2C-B much, but I do really like 2C-C and 2C-D. Conversely, I've tried each of those after MDMA and 2C-B was by far the best one for me in that situation,2C-C and 2C-D were both pretty disappointing by comparison.

Last edited:
fizzacyst said:
^

try taking some pepto it always helps me

i think the substance is really fun and gentle.. but i also think it can get a bit uncomfortable when coming up.. My body seems to get really fidgity on the stuff and i feel the body high is quite strange compared to any other drug i have taken before

Speaking of sinus passages and 2Cs, does anyone else notice a buildup of mucus when doing these chems (not insufflation, but when trying them rectally/orally).

Strange, found this really occurred with 2CD and also with 2CB.

^^ Definitely with 2C-I. Not so much with the rest. DOC also gives me this sometimes, and AMT does it as much as 2C-I or more.

samadhi_smiles said:
Speaking of sinus passages and 2Cs, does anyone else notice a buildup of mucus when doing these chems (not insufflation, but when trying them rectally/orally).

Yeah both 2c-b and t-21 do it to me, worse with the t-21 though.

2C-B and 2C-I are well known for doing this. My gal also finds 2C-D has some of this as well.

samadhi_smiles said:

Perhaps its some sort of immune system response. It seems people are only mentioning this with phenethylamines, has anyone also noticed this with tryptamines?