View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[2C-B Subthread] 2C-B Aftereffects/Side Effects

clayfig said:
Hey fellow Blue lighters,
I was wondering if there has been any negative effects linked to 2CB or any substances in the 2cX family?

specifically use of low doses of 2cb 2-3 times a month?

I dont want to be 40 and not have control of bottly functions you know O..O

The only honest answer to this question is "we don't know". 2C-X's are taken by a very small number of people and there have been no rigorous clinical studies done. It is entirely possible that they have long-term health risks.

Anecdotally, I have used 2C-D and 2C-E on a number of occasions, sometimes at fairly high doses (up to 20mg of 2C-E), and sometimes spaced less than 2 days apart. I self-test my IQ and verbal memory pretty regularly and I have experienced no deterioration. I score in the top 2% of the population on most intelligence-related tests. (That's not a brag, just to give you an idea of my personal characteristics.) I have also not experienced any abnormal depression or mood alteration as a result of using these drugs; in fact, I stopped taking an antidepressant (Wellbutrin) shortly after I began using them and I feel better now than I did while on the Wellbutrin.

On one occasion, about two days after a moderate dose of 2C-E, I had a day of feeling mentally sluggish and having a hard time completing sentences, but it went away and it may have had nothing to do with the 2C-E. I haven't developed any long-term tolerance to 2C-E or 2C-D.

Oh, one additional point of caution is that "the 2C-X" family may not be a relevant group from a health standpoint. Molecules that are very similar to one another structurally can have very different effects on your body.

5-HT2 said:
Did you ever use other psychedelics equally heavily, and not develop similar effects?
I've had visual aftereffects with other psychedelics, but those have always been very minor in nature when compared to 2C-I, even after periods of heavy use. Quite a number of friends have also complained over long lasting visual disturbances, and associated them with 2C-I, but I can't really say for them that any other drugs may not have contributed into this. It seems to be a rather commonly reported side effect for 2C-I though.

Dunno I think one of the biggest problems in identifying 'substances which may' produce somewhat significant side effects is difficult in this arena. Mainly because it isn't usually the only drug consumed and the issue of combinations is complex enough without the randomness of polyrug use being thrown in. I hadn't noted anything untoward with 2CB ( except that it's crap) but then again my main stint with it was heavily mixed ith other psychs. :\

I've used 2c-b a fair bit recently and immediately following that use I had some really really weird moments when I was generally trying to sleep

Like I would constantly close my eyes when im on my bed and then suddenly see clearly as if I were sitting at my computer desk... I couldn't open my eyes I was like in a trance... thought I was dreaming ... happened like 4-5 times

Doesn't happen as much anymore.

lovebrisvegas said:
I've used 2c-b a fair bit recently and immediately following that use I had some really really weird moments when I was generally trying to sleep

Like I would constantly close my eyes when im on my bed and then suddenly see clearly as if I were sitting at my computer desk... I couldn't open my eyes I was like in a trance... thought I was dreaming ... happened like 4-5 times

Doesn't happen as much anymore.

That sounds like sleep paralysis, a reasonably common side effect of many psychedelics.

Here is my experience with any side-effects of 2C-B use.

This however, stemmed from not use, but ABuse. Using 1-3 times daily, always nasally, always large doses, for 3 weeks or so. With a day break here and there.

It took 4 months before all the 2C-B like visuals to go away (Everything looked super saturated and vibrant, and I had tracers that lasted for a long time. Anytime I moved or witnessed something move, I'd see a rainbow trail following them.

Oh man, glad I learned my lesson with that shit. Or to not abuse psyches in general, but at the time nothing was 'wrong', just careless fun times. Whereas now, I wont trip because I'm not in the best place for it.

As 5-HT2 mentioned, 2C-B has been in the market for far longer than other new psychedelics (20 years-ish?) so if there are any significant strange reactions to it, they should have come up by now...

When 2C-B was available commercially as Nexus, were there any hints of people using it chronically and experiencing any problems such as thugg mentions? Are these reactions unusual, or did the smartshop patrons exhibit more restraint with their use?

has anyone else expierenced loss of depth perseption the day after dosing with 2cb. it happens to me ever time. if it just happened to me after doing the drug i wouldnt think much of it, but i remember as a kid after running around all day none stop then sitting down ifront of the tv, or whatever, id get it. its pretty weird, but when im high its a crazy interesting experience. anybody experience this or know what causes it?

^ i don't think i've ever noticed a loss of depth perception the day after but something is definitely different; i can never put my finger on it though.

the next day is surly different,. although its one of the only hallucinagens that leaves me able to wake up refreshed and not that feeling of "did i sleep". i love that about it.
but what i was talking aobut usually only happens like 10-20 mins, and its usually when im getting ready to sleep. but it has happened 3 days after in the middle of the day, fuck a duck. huu huuu ca chuu next question...lol

seems to be after what some might call 2c-b and e binge a friend of mine is convinced she has gone/is going crazy. she ate it only on the weekends and some week days rarely together for like a month month and half straight. now before this "binge" she had no previous psychadelic experience besides for salvia once. it has been about about two weeks maybe two and half weeks since she ingested any more. and now she thinks she is going crazy? is this really possible? i mean i have been eatin it like candy and i'am perfectly sane i think......
i dont think she should eat any more. i could be wrong? but i dont wanna tell her no and possibly just make her want more?possibly some rolls? not any thing psychadelic?

Last edited:
Make sure she stays away from any psychedelics including MDxx substances or any pills. even amphetamine, tell her to stay away from it. Hope she recovers well, the brain is a strange thing :\

Has someone encountered cold hands at 30 mg doses (temperature of other parts of the body is normal).

Psyduck said:
Has someone encountered cold hands at 30 mg doses (temperature of other parts of the body is normal).

my friend gets really cold and shaky hands at doses around 30mg. it doesnt sound too uncommon and its only a minor sided effect.

For the cold hands people (I get cold sometimes on 2Cs in particular): take a long nice and hot bath. It is amazing on 2CB. Trust me. :)

2cb - diabetes

Reading erowid I found this Contraindication

"Diabetics should monitor their blood sugar closely as there have been some reports of problems."

Anyone have any comments on this? Probable safest bet to monitor blood sugar levels when anything is taken but I haven't had a blood sugar monitor for years now and wouldn't know were to get one. (Boots?) Thanks! =D

I'm assuming you're type 2 based on your lack of a monitor...Are you on any medications for diabetes? How well controlled is it? Etc...More info always helps.

I haven't read the erowid thing cos I'm in a big rush, but does it seem that 2c-b is directly responsible for lowering blood glucose levels (eg inhibits glycogenolysis or something) or is it one of those things where the problem is likely to come from you being off your face and not noticing dizziness/other hypoglycaemic symptoms?

Type1 but monitor broke and I like to put things off until they go away so never replaced it.

Thats what I'd like to know all it says on erowid is quoted above if its not noticing dizziness etc surely it wound have that on almost ever drug. If its lower blood glucose levels I would just eat a few sweets through out and sort it the following day. Might sound stupid but I'm far beyond help now rather just enjoy myself.