• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[2C-B Subthread] 2C-B Aftereffects/Side Effects

e1evene1even said:
Perhaps its some sort of immune system response. It seems people are only mentioning this with phenethylamines, has anyone also noticed this with tryptamines?
sometimes LSD, psilocybin mushrooms and even 4 aco dmt do it to me. not all the time, but it happends.

Its pretty weird thought that it will happen with one dose, then the next time I dose it wont, then the next it wont then it will again sometime later.

Erowid has information about allergic reactions (mucus buildup) with 2c-b here http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/2cb/2cb_info1.shtml

Also, today I took a 20mg capsule of 2c-b about 2.5 - 3 hours after eating a fairly large meal. It is now T+3:30 and i've felt no effects. I've taken mushrooms and acid closer to full meals than this, and had full effects from those. Is there any chemical reason the effects would be diminished so much with a full meal?

This happned to a friend with a light meal.. It took him 4 hours some how!
Go to a different surrounding.. sounds weird but put yourself in a weird or awkward position for a few minutes, it may kick in.! This is going by how my friend reacted to 22.5mg

The ONLY complaint I have of this substance, is that it causes jaw clenching -- ala MDMA.

Zagenth said:
^ It's definitely much better eaten than snorted. Snorted, the visuals were profound, but the nausea was horrendous. It's definitely a substance that needs to be eaten. 20mgs snorted felt like 2C-T-2 type nausea. Will NEVER snort 2C-B again.

i got extreme nausea which eventually led to puking 3 times. i didn't eat for about 8 hrs beforehand so i'm contributing it to that but who knows. it (the nausea) didn't really kick in until about 1.5 hrs after i ingested the 2c-b and i drank tons of water and orange gatorade to keep my stomach from hurting so that was all that came up, luckily.

2cb's negative longterm effects

Hey fellow Blue lighters,
I was wondering if there has been any negative effects linked to 2CB or any substances in the 2cX family?

specifically use of low doses of 2cb 2-3 times a month?

I dont want to be 40 and not have control of bottly functions you know O..O

It's hard to say because the verdict is still out on many of the RCs. I have heard scattered reports of long-term negative side-effects from som of the 2C family.

well if there still not for sure I would like to know what you have heard

I've heard several claims of continuing visual disturbances for months after use. I'll see if I can dig up any more reports.

I think just about any typical psychedelic taken chronically 2-3 x per month would eventually become problematic.

^True, but RCs seem to be even mor problematic in that regard. I know when I was using 2C-I frequently I'd get visual headfucks for up to a month of my last dose. It was like my vision was rolling back into my head for a few minutes. Weird stuff.

Other drugs can cause these lingering effects as well, but 2C-I is probably the most prone to that. Even a single experience may cause visual disturbances that last for months in some individuals.

I wouldn't worry much if I were you and used 2C-B on low doses 2-3 times a month. Occasional breaks (3-4 weeks maybe) are recommended to see if you're completely fine (any aftereffects should clear out within 3-4 weeks), but you're probably relatively safe.

I doubt there's been much reaserch done on the long term effects of 2c-b on the body/brain, but I wouldn't use it more than twice a month, just to be safe.

So far so good. . .

I did use low doses of 2cb on and off, sometimes twice a week, then sometimes giving it a miss for a month, for over two years. I stopped over 6 months ago with only occasional (once a month) use since. I noticed no residual effects like those sometimes attributed to HPPD. But I did start to notice occasional headaches after the peak had subsided. This persuaded me to leave it. I also noticed, and still find that it has affected my tolerance for 2Cs and tryptamines and I have found that I had to up my doses on things compared to before.
It is a beatiiful substance at lower doses, and I heard someone mention that they had to find reasons not to dose, after they had been using it in this fashion. I think, though, as with all these chemicals, there is a law of diminishing returns in play, and that deep or profound experiences are promoted by leaving it down to once a month.

ok, I think I knock my doses down to once a month, Thanks for all your help guys

GenericMind said:
RCs seem to be even mor problematic in that regard.

I'm sorry, but this statement is completely meaningless. "RC" is an extremely unscientific term and should not be used when making this type of comparison. Now, if you're talking about a specific subset of RC's that are chemically very similar, that's OK, like this statement:

GenericMind said:
I have heard scattered reports of long-term negative side-effects from some of the 2C family.

I have extensive experience with a wide range of psychedelics including 2C's, and I don't believe that they have any more negative long-term effects than most other serotonergic psychedelics. 2C-B has been on the illicit drug market for significantly longer than other 2C-class substances, and I haven't seen a greater incidence of reports of negative long-term effects than say, acid, or mushrooms.

Recept said:
Other drugs can cause these lingering effects as well, but 2C-I is probably the most prone to that. Even a single experience may cause visual disturbances that last for months in some individuals.

You could make this statement about any psychedelic in a susceptible individual.

Also, before making statements about the long-term aftereffects of a specific drug, make sure that use of other drugs might not be a confouding factor, or add a disclaimer if it is a possibility.

People, please think twice before going around and saying "OMG, RC=HPPD!" I think that most statements like this are backed by an implicit assumption that traditional psychedelics such as acid and mushrooms are less likely to cause these effects–an assumption that I don't think you can make. If you go into a trip on a traditional psychedelic with the expectation that you're not going to have negative aftereffects, you're probably going to be more likely to ignore or brush off any that may appear. The converse applies for more exotic, newer drugs.

5-HT2 said:
I'm sorry, but this statement is completely meaningless. "RC" is an extremely unscientific term and should not be used when making this type of comparison. Now, if you're talking about a specific subset of RC's that are chemically very similar, that's OK, like this statement:

You're right, I pobably could have been more specific but my statement extended to others outside of the 2C family as well, like 5-meo-amt. Keep in mind I'm only basing the statement off of personal observation and scattered reports I've read, not scientific study.

PippUK said:
I did use low doses of 2cb on and off, sometimes twice a week, then sometimes giving it a miss for a month, for over two years. I stopped over 6 months ago with only occasional (once a month) use since. I noticed no residual effects like those sometimes attributed to HPPD. But I did start to notice occasional headaches after the peak had subsided. This persuaded me to leave it. I also noticed, and still find that it has affected my tolerance for 2Cs and tryptamines and I have found that I had to up my doses on things compared to before.
It is a beatiiful substance at lower doses, and I heard someone mention that they had to find reasons not to dose, after they had been using it in this fashion. I think, though, as with all these chemicals, there is a law of diminishing returns in play, and that deep or profound experiences are promoted by leaving it down to once a month.

Yeah, my overuse of 2C-Xs has also affected my tolerance to everything, especially phens, pretty dramatically. In fact I haven't been able to actually trip on a 2C-X, including 2C-E and 2C-P, for over half a year at least.

The upside to that is that I have stopped feeling compulsed towards psychedelics so much. I had a run with abuse of AMT, but now that that's gone, I'm finally able to reduce my usage without thinking about using them all the time. And when I do trip, it's the tryptamines these days, with which I am still able to have psychedelic effects.

My belief is that the majority of the reason that I have been unable to have profound experiences, or mostly unable to, is not because of physical tolerance (although that plays a part I'm sure), but because the state became so familiar to me that it no longer took me out of my element, which is key to having anything but a recreational experience, for the most part.

clayfig said:
ok, I think I knock my doses down to once a month, Thanks for all your help guys

Good idea. Let me tell you, dosing psychedelics too often is a great way to lose the magic, as I discussed above. An even better idea is to not set yourself a hard limit like that, but to make sure your last trip is fully integrated before you trip again, and make sure you trip in various settings, not just sitting in your room every time.

5-HT2 said:
You could make this statement about any psychedelic in a susceptible individual.
I was a little off with my wording, what I meant to say is that based on my personal experience and observations, 2C-I is one of the drugs these types of aftereffects are most often reported about.

5-HT2 said:
Also, before making statements about the long-term aftereffects of a specific drug, make sure that use of other drugs might not be a confouding factor, or add a disclaimer if it is a possibility.
I can't speak for others, but I am fairly certain other drugs had nothing to do with me developing long-lasting visual disturbances. It happened right following a period of heavy 2C-I use.

Anyway, as I said in the same post, other drugs can cause these effects as well, and one definately shouldn't go into any psychedelic trip thinking this won't happen to them because "this isn't an RC" or "I'm safe with LSD/shrooms".

GenericMind said:
You're right, I pobably could have been more specific but my statement extended to others outside of the 2C family as well, like 5-meo-amt. Keep in mind I'm only basing the statement off of personal observation and scattered reports I've read, not scientific study.

Not all RC's are psychedelics, that's the point I was trying to make.

Recept said:
I can't speak for others, but I am fairly certain other drugs had nothing to do with me developing long-lasting visual disturbances. It happened right following a period of heavy 2C-I use.

Did you ever use other psychedelics equally heavily, and not develop similar effects?