View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD in commercial drinks

Folley

Bluelighter
Dr. Shulgin theorized that chlorine in tap water could destroy LSD. Could this extend to many of the preservatives they put in sodas and other flavored beverages?

What would be OK, and what wouldnt? Im guessing a carbonated drink wouldnt be ideal, Im thinking "freshly squeezed orange juice" bought at the store or lemonade would be the best, at least out of what I have.

for any one who wants to ask, why? Its because I got a fat number of sugar cubes and I want to be able to take them at once

Should be fine. If you're worried at all about degradation I would reccomend distilled water.

Well I would also like it to taste good lol, distilled water is basically boiled water right?

that would be the best for storage, but Im talking more like dissolving a bunch of sugar cubes in a drink

If LSD can withstand the hydrochloric acid in your gut I imagine it would be able to handle a bit of tap water.

So how come I can drink LSD blotters with tap water and it has no effect whatsoever on the LSD?

I'm pretty sure all countries domestic water supplies have chlorine in them. Certainly the UK does.

How long does the chlorine has to be contact with the LSD for? Is it like light or oxygen or does it degrade LSD more quickly than those? Obviously you can leave LSD in the light and air for quite a while with little to no effect.

Bit of a bad question, Im sorry I wrote this quite blazed. Let me clarify, are there other ingredients/products you should be careful of dissolving LSD in?

Like take beer for instance, would the yeast have an effect at all? Or the carbonation? Obviously the alcohol is fine.

So how come I can drink LSD blotters with tap water and it has no effect whatsoever on the LSD?

....you mean after all the LSD has been absorbed through your mouth already, why can you take a sip of tap water and have no effect on it? Woah man IDK crazy shit

....you mean after all the LSD has been absorbed through your mouth already, why can you take a sip of tap water and have no effect on it? Woah man IDK crazy shit

No, I mean hold them in my mouth with tap water, then drink them so they are completely and utterly soaked in chlorine. Y'follow?

If thats your thing man, seems like a lotta work just to take a blotter though

but you should really put that omnipotent brain you have to good use by thinking about the subject at hand

I dug the idea of legit unpasteurized juice. I don't think it will be destroyed from sitting in artificial flavorings or acidic preservatives and such, but honestly I would think on some level that can't be too good. Same as tap water, it won't hold back a strong blotter from delivering its trip, but it isn't a good medium for LSD to be stored. Really the enzymes and complex array of molecules in organic juice may degrade it as well. It just comes down to how much you want to preserve your ugs. Lol

In your case I would sacrafice a minute amount of LSD and add your dose to a cup of raw juice :)

If thats your thing man, seems like a lotta work just to take a blotter though

No, it's no work at all, have you ever taken LSD blotter? It doesn't sound like it.

have to good use by thinking about the subject at hand

What subject? That you can't think of a way of ingesting a couple of sugar cubes? Ask your father, or the person in charge of you, for advice. If you still can't think of a way of ingesting two sugar cubes then you arn't intelligent enough to be taking LSD in the first place.

If I can think of a way of ingesting two sugar cubes I'll suggest it to Folley and help him out ok? Just give me time, I'm working on it ;)

No, it's no work at all, have you ever taken LSD blotter? It doesn't sound like it.

have to good use by thinking about the subject at hand

What subject? That you can't think of a way of ingesting a couple of sugar cubes? Ask your father, or the person in charge of you, for advice. If you still can't think of a way of ingesting two sugar cubes then you arn't intelligent enough to be taking LSD in the first place.

He would tell me to put them in coffee or tea, and the heat would destroy it

I know how to take sugar cubes, the question was are there other ingredients that could cause a change/destruction of the extremely delicate molecule I know as acid. Durp derp

Still havent gotten a complete anwser. I mean I find it hard to believe chlorine, and ONLY chlorine, could cause degradation. What about ciders and such? They have living bacteria no? Wouldnt they eat my acid before I did?