• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax? Is it euphoric to you?

Is Xanax euphoric for you?

• Yes

Votes: 233 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 266 53.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
how long did it take to lose its euphoria for me?

well benzoz in general tend to rack up the tolerance quite rapidly. depends how much you usually take, for what purpose and whether you keep days off benzoz?

Xanax used to be my favourite benzo. when i first started to take it it almost gave a stimulating effect & i wondered how happy & ''normal'' i feel on it. it was very euphoric to me!
i got my doc to prescribe me 60 2mg xanax xr's along with 30 5mg nitrazepams monthly, which only lasted me 3-4 days all together... afterwards i went to the city & bought packs of klonopins illegally every other day. i was afraid to run out of benzos & to go into withdrawal, while having no problem to maintain my heroin & opiates habit at same time. the benzo withdrawal was much more scary to me then heroin's.
that all lasted for almost a year, before i got arrested & forced to withdrew this habit cold turkey (with some clonazepam substitution maintenance but not tapering at first 3 weeks before i was switched to a rehab center), & it was a month of pure fucking hell...
then, after being totally clean of substances & living in the rehab center i managed to get a pack of xanax. at first i took 4mg, nothing special barely feel it. so another 8mg, then another 10 (the last thing i remember) i ended up taking 30mg (15 2mg xr's) & to not to pass out after 2 months of being clean & messed up the rehab center, & my house in these 48 hours... since then i haven't touched a benzo for almost 8 months now.

this is my benzo binge story :)

** *we love you boiling!!!** *

Last edited:
Xanax is the best for me .I take daily 4mg now and it give me a boost every time again . Before a go to work a put 2 r 3 at once , when its kick in , i feeling like superman and a can take everything that comes to me. Xanax is the best benz for me.

In my country its easly to get it ,just like rohypnol my second best benz.

Xanax each day and rohypnol 1 r2 mg when a go out whit friends .
1 r 2 roofies 2mg and a couple of beers thats good night out =D

Peace
Be safe

I voted no. I find most benzos to be euphoric including diazepam, clonazepam, temazepam, etc. but xanax is my least favorite benzo. I agree with jamshyd, xanax can actually feel somewhat dysphoric to me.

da2ra said:
well benzoz in general tend to rack up the tolerance quite rapidly. depends how much you usually take, for what purpose and whether you keep days off benzoz?

ive been using it a lot in the last year, sometimes as much as 12 mg a day but i still find it euphoric and relaxing. in fact, last night 10 mg kicked my ass.

I voted yes.

But really it goes both ways.

At small .5 to 1 mg doses I feel euphoric and with out inhibition.

Doses higher than that, while slightly euphoric still, will just put me out.

Great for stimulant comedown but not to just 'get high'.

Plus, too much after 1 or 2 mg, if it doesn't cause me to go to sleep, I black out....and that's no fun.

SteeleyJ said:
Too much of the shit on the other hand tend to become dysphoric.
This is actually not exclusive to alprazolam. Something that most people don't seem to be aware of is that depression is a common side-effect of benzo addiction.

On the other hand, my new favourite benzo, Etizolam, was found to have some noradrenergic antidepressant effects.

Xanax just makes me feel drunk without the full stomach/queasy feeling/shitty feeling that alcohol gives you. Euphoric, nonetheless.

haha im the opposite of a lot of ppl on here.

im took some xanax recently and it was mad fun. love everything about it.
i do have anxiety tho so that could be a reason.

valium is may fave tho and think thats 100 times more euphoric.

just me tho, everyones different

Not in the least...And the times I have tried to achieve euphoria from Xanax by using a larger dose than normal, I simply fell asleep.

Not a great recreational drug, IMO, but I know there are tons of people out there that love it

xanax is pretty good man. its really chill and calming. better then valium imo.

i think temezepam is more euphoric, but damn its hard to stay awake on it sometimes.

estazolam is also fun and better xanax.

If by euphoric you mean passing the fuck out and waking up the next day not remembering anything. then yeah, count me in for Xany euphoria. haha.

Thats just me tho, it doesn't take hardly any to get me movin. I feel .25 and get rollin good on 1mg.

klonopin is my personal favorite too, but after a year of using k-pins Xanax finally made me feel the way "xanaxx fans" described it.

Now i think ambien is the most euphoric. xanax with kava kava is good, and weed

Xanax is good, but nothing special. i definitely like it better than k-pins, but xanax dont hold a candle to halcion or temezepam.

You just feel relaxed and sedated, but not euphoric. Some people seem to misinterpret what this word means nowadays. Euphoria = extreme happiness. I don't remember ANY benzo with this kind of effect. Heroin, MDMA, coke... THESE are euphoric. Not benzos. Benzos are just nice and relaxing. Nothing more. Well, haven't tried temazepam yet, but how much different can it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.