• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Welcome Would you speak up about sexist or misogynistic language in the SLR Forum?

Do you think Sex, Love & Relationships is too sexist or misogynistic?

• No.

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Yes.

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Some of the threads are... well I can't tell if they're just a bad joke or a serious question.

It doesn't bother me but I could see how it might bother other people. I just think they are ridiculous questions.
Yeah I have to agree that I think a lot of crap has been somehow accepted as acceptable when to me it was clearly a troll thread and more suited to the lounge. But maybe those sorts of threads are now acceptable.

Re the sexist language etc.......... I think its important to remember that this is a worldwide forum and hence it encompasses a myriad of different cultures. What is perfectly acceptable in one may not be in another.

Personally I think its wrong to shut down anyones opinions just because they are different. As a human race we need to be more accepting of the simple fact that we are all different. Without those differences we would all still be living in caves speaking ugg ugg.

However those opinions should never EVER be directed to an individual. That is where a mod needs to step in or posters should use the report button.

Personal attacks are an absolute NO NO.

Obvious trolling should be treated as such.

Instead of ones first reaction being "Im offended", why not simply accept that different people have different ideas and move on.

Throughout my life I have always liked to know who Im dealing with. If we shut everyone up simply because they think differently then you can never know what a person is really like inside.

Anyways thats my 3.5 cents worth.

I changed my vote.

I notice the results between simple yes and simple no are just about even now. So there seems to be a fair bit of support for adjusting the tone of the forum. Of course, there is also clear support for letting past practices continue,

I notice the results between simple yes and simple no are just about even now. So there seems to be a fair bit of support for adjusting the tone of the forum. Of course, there is also clear support for letting past practices continue,

Well it seems like that's kinda self perpetuating.

Like, if you have sexist/misogynistic attitudes in a subforum, then because of that women are less likely to frequent it. A poll taken there will likely reflect the sexist/misogynist viewpoint.