• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Welcome Would you speak up about sexist or misogynistic language in the SLR Forum?

Do you think Sex, Love & Relationships is too sexist or misogynistic?

• No.

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Yes.

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Sirena Oscura

If you'd like to discuss something I said that you think is misogynistic, I'm more than happy to listen. I don't think I am a misogynist. I don't think I say misogynistic things... but that could very well be a blind spot.

Nah, calling it as I sees it. I could easily go through his posts and highlight everything that is shows it quite clearly but as I’ve already said in this thread, I’m not going to be that person that argues with these sexist/pro-men people. People have serious jobs and want to enjoy their time, not argue with these people who cannot be reasoned with. It’s like banging your head against a brick wall. I know some of you guys LOVE to argue and that’s cool- but the rest of us don’t have time for this crap.

@Sirena Oscura

If you'd like to discuss something I said that you think is misogynistic, I'm more than happy to listen. I don't think I am a misogynist. I don't think I say misogynistic things... but that could very well be a blind spot.
I appreciate that. And I’d respect that by doing so, but honestly I cbb arguing. All I do is make note of people like you and avoid you/ignore your posts. Not going to argue or report shit. But thank you for being open!

It's a bit weak to call someone a misogynist and then refuse to back it up. If you don't have time to justify what you have to say, don't accuse people of things.

I can be reasoned with - talking to me is not like beating your head against a brick wall - I have changed my mind (and admitted I'm wrong) at least twice on this forum in the past.

Sirena Oscura said:
I could easily go through his posts and highlight everything that is shows it quite clearly

I don't think so.

sexist/pro-men

I am pro-men, that I will happily admit.

All I do is make note of people like you and avoid you/ignore your posts.

That's not what you're doing though. You could easily have just taken note of me and/or put me on your ignore list. Instead you chose to call me a name and then refuse to explain why. Why don't you go ahead and put me on ignore, instead. I would prefer that.

thank you @Outlier and @Atelier3 - as one of the people who moans about misogyny in here i think it is only fair that i try to help you out here.

we can't force people to think different but i hope if people find that any posts concerning the objectification or dehumanisation of anyone (not just women) stop being tolerated, then they will stop bothering. it absolutely isn't a free speech thing on a private harm reduction platforms and there are a plethora of other forums where misogyny is tolerated or even encouraged if people are desperate to post such material.

thank you @Outlier and @Atelier3 - as one of the people who moans about misogyny in here i think it is only fair that i try to help you out here.

we can't force people to think different but i hope if people find that any posts concerning the objectification or dehumanisation of anyone (not just women) stop being tolerated, then they will stop bothering. it absolutely isn't a free speech thing on a private harm reduction platforms and there are a plethora of other forums where misogyny is tolerated or even encouraged if people are desperate to post such material.
Yeah it isnt just misogyny or sexism or the hot button here. Its any hateful attitude in general which prevents actual discussion on a sensitive topic. As long as this is under my jurisdiction, you migjt be surprised the kind of scenarios where I wont hold up certain speech in order to promote discussion on any sexual topic.

So far 2/3 of the votes in the poll are for “No Way. Get Fucked. Fuck Off” - so that’s the lay of the land at the moment. I guess people want their freedom to be obnoxious unrestricted.
Who cares. Are they mods?

Some of the threads are... well I can't tell if they're just a bad joke or a serious question.

It doesn't bother me but I could see how it might bother other people. I just think they are ridiculous questions.

Some of the threads are... well I can't tell if they're just a bad joke or a serious question.

It doesn't bother me but I could see how it might bother other people. I just think they are ridiculous questions.
Most likely.

I could see how some of the threads would be a huge turn off or red flag for incoming or new female members.

If I was a woman and I go to a forum about drugs and see topics like "What type of pussy do men prefer" and "can a man urinate in a vagina" I would probably turn right the fuck around and leave. Sends the wrong messages about what bluelight is imo.

maybe have an Off-topic subforum or something. Not sure.

I could see how some of the threads would be a huge turn off or red flag for incoming or new female members.

If I was a woman and I go to a forum about drugs and see topics like "What type of pussy do men prefer" and "can a man urinate in a vagina" I would probably turn right the fuck around and leave. Sends the wrong messages about what bluelight is imo.

maybe have an Off-topic subforum or something. Not sure.
Eliminate on spot

So far 2/3 of the votes in the poll are for “No Way. Get Fucked. Fuck Off” - so that’s the lay of the land at the moment. I guess people want their freedom to be obnoxious unrestricted.

I dont think its that per se.

Its up to you and Alex what you wanna do obviously but calling out misogyny ourselves if it happens might mean less work for you in the end, or could backfire badly, who knows. Lolz

This thread is anti-male. As a male, I assume that I am the best judge of what is offensive to men?

At the expense of who?

I treat men like sex objects all the time and dont really give a shit or take as a huge big deal if they post like guys talk .

I dont think women really are that bothered by this shit, can be equally as crass about cocks if they want .

It’s also incredibly homophobic.

I think Jess is the only one willing to take these people on, I’m certainly not. We’d all be arguing all day because those posters will no doubt become incredibly defensive. Most probably don’t care either. Reporting at this stage is like outing yourself as a “snowflake”.

Personally I make a mental note just to avoid those people and move on. Just like shitposting, I think it’s just a part of the culture.

You’d get a lot of biting back from those that consider it “free speech”.
How is the SLR forum 'incredibly homophobic' or biphobic?

I am bisexual and have been writing about having sex with men and women for a long time, and nobody has any issue with this. There are other bisexual and gay men who have been doing the same as well as bi and lesbian women.

I was once the moderator of this forum and we are super inclusive of everyone, LGBT, heterosexual, asexual, etc.

It’s like you think I’m talking specifically about you and not everyone. Self centred much?

And hey, if being bisexual is all you need to have your opinion deemed correct then how about this- I’m bisexual too.

Look no further than the “I’m a straight male so why do I want to suck dick topic. There’s a lot of “us and them” and insensitive slang use in there!

It’s like you think I’m talking specifically about you and not everyone. Self centred much?

And hey, if being bisexual is all you need to have your opinion deemed correct then how about this- I’m bisexual too.

Look no further than the “I’m a straight male so why do I want to suck dick topic. There’s a lot of “us and them” and insensitive slang use in there!
No that is not the perspective I am writing from.

I was writing in broad and general terms or seeing the forum as a whole both as a moderator, and as a regular poster on bluelight.

If you read things that are homophobic, biphobic, etc. report it and let the moderators handle it.

Don't argue back, troll, etc.