• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

why dont they sell beer after 3 a.m. in the morning in the u.s.????

Here in Illinois it is up to the individual municipalities to set sale hours. But as others have said it's always up to the states to set their own hours or not. Some states are really restrictive, especially in the "bible belt".

Question: What's up with the laws around maximum alcohol content in beer in different states?

Utah tripped me right the fuck out....though for more than just this reason.

What time they are meant to stop selling, and what time you can find a back street shop owner willing to sell is two different things. You can always by alcohol in Albert, but legally I think it's from 8am to 10pm each day, whereas in the UK where I moved from you had the big Asdas etc open 24/hrs and you could buy any time except between 12pm Sunday night and 6am Sunday morning!

Richmond, Virginia. Stores stop selling at 11:45pm- 12:00am and start again at 6am. Bars open till 2am. Liquor store i think opens around 8 or 9, and closes around 9pm, time is earlier on Sundays. When i was younger if we needed more beer wed just go to a 24 hour walmart or something to steal beer/wine.