• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

why dont they sell beer after 3 a.m. in the morning in the u.s.????

Hugs For Drugs

Bluelighter
i remember this one day being awake for 2+ days on meth, hallucinating bats around me, and or random shadowy creatures , really needing to buy a beer to help fall asleep, and being 4pm

and i had to wait like 6 hours in front of a 24 hour gas station, because it was against the law

is there any particular reason why this law exists in the u.s.??

that little incident happened a couple years back, im just curious to why tho lol

anyone?

also, i know talking about legal things is against the rules here

but beer is 100% legal

but if its still against the rules some how then its gonna get edited out by the mods

I think the hours alcohol are sold varies by state. Utah has some absurd restrictions on alcohol. My area didn't even allow alcohol sales on Sunday until about 10 years ago ffs.

I live in the “live free or die” state and after 11,45 pm you’re not buying any alcohol lol.

Why? Good question honestly. I mean the amount of drunk driving crashes this prevents is probably way more than you could imagine. But still... that’s not why

UK law is now 10pm due to covid 🙄

Its always been 10pm on a Sunday unless they have a 24hr license, and midnight on the other days

Stupid and annoying when some places can do it 24/7 but others cant

I think the hours alcohol are sold varies by state. Utah has some absurd restrictions on alcohol. My area didn't even allow alcohol sales on Sunday until about 10 years ago ffs.
yes but any particular reason why? that makes sence?

not that your response didnt, but will simple luke to know what the h3ll where official law makers thinking when they made that law LOL

In my state, it's 2am. And you can't buy any alcohol before noon on Sunday (because you should be in church praising the lord, of course). Also, hard liquor can only be sold at government stores, and they close between 7pm and 9pm, and are closed all day on Sundays. That was weird to me when I moved here, because in the state I'm from, liquor is sold at grocery stores and sometimes gas stations.

If it's a 24 hour store, I think it's midnight when they cut you off. Unless it's a bar, then it's 01:00 or 01:30

I know in Nevada you can (or could) drink all night and morning, which is what I did a few times in Las Vegas. As long as I was playing the slots they'd bring me a free drink. I got so fucked up on Irish coffee I didn't sleep for two days. I didn't try this whenever I was in Laughlin though, so I don't know if their laws are different

Everywhere I've lived, Sunday is 10:00 or 12:00 to buy alcohol

Off-topic but when I lived in Canada, last call was 01:55 and you couldn't buy liquor on Sunday so you could only go to the beer store at noon and I think they closed at 16:00 or 17:00. Every province is different. I was in Manitoba

Wanting to go get more alcohol late at night or very early in the morning probably means you're already fucked up, so it would be best if you stayed where you are. Nobody needs more drunk drivers.

I'm sure there are other (less logical) political reasons as well.

In NY we can but beer 24/7 as long as you have a 7-11 ( open 24 hours) also can get coffee which is help for all night drivers
Us is State by state. The only way they got the drinking age to 21 in us was to Bribe the states with Federal highway $$$'People can be GREATLY INFLUENCED By Cash

They sell all alcohol 24/7 in Ca. I’m not sure what state you’re in currently. Bars have different hours, but alcohol is sold whenever grocery stores are open and there are several that are open round the clock here.

They sell all alcohol 24/7 in Ca. I’m not sure what state you’re in currently. Bars have different hours, but alcohol is sold whenever grocery stores are open and there are several that are open round the clock here.

Are you sure? By saying "Ca" and your location on your profile as "Surf Cuty, USA" I'm assuming you are referring to California (as "Ca" could potentially mean other things) Everywhere I've lived in California alcohol sales in stores, even ones that are open 24/7, are stopped between 2am and 6am. 6am to 2am sales are allowed everyday of the week, just not the 4 hours between 2am and 6am which is a pain in the ass if that's the time you get off of work. Maybe it varies in some counties and you happen to live in one that allows sales at any hour? But I think it might be the same state wide...

For example, I live in Northern California and I bought a tall can at 1:58AM on the way home from work a couple weeks ago. Cashier told me I barely made it in time and that if I had been 2 more minutes late that I would have had to wait until 6.

i remember this one day being awake for 2+ days on meth, hallucinating bats around me, and or random shadowy creatures , really needing to buy a beer to help fall asleep, and being 4pm

and i had to wait like 6 hours in front of a 24 hour gas station, because it was against the law

is there any particular reason why this law exists in the u.s.??

that little incident happened a couple years back, im just curious to why tho lol

anyone?
opression ... in my state they stop selling at 10:30 somtimes if u want it bad enough we go out of the state if its not to far, its bullshit

Are you sure? By saying "Ca" and your location on your profile as "Surf Cuty, USA" I'm assuming you are referring to California (as "Ca" could potentially mean other things) Everywhere I've lived in California alcohol sales in stores, even ones that are open 24/7, are stopped between 2am and 6am. 6am to 2am sales are allowed everyday of the week, just not the 4 hours between 2am and 6am which is a pain in the ass if that's the time you get off of work. Maybe it varies in some counties and you happen to live in one that allows sales at any hour? But I think it might be the same state wide...

For example, I live in Northern California and I bought a tall can at 1:58AM on the way home from work a couple weeks ago. Cashier told me I barely made it in time and that if I had been 2 more minutes late that I would have had to wait until 6.
Dang. I thought they stopped selling at midnight unless it's a bar, where it's 01:30. The earliest I was able to buy alcohol is 05:00 at a convenience store by my place that opens then. I haven't tried buying it that early anywhere else so I'm not sure