• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

why dont they sell beer after 3 a.m. in the morning in the u.s.????

They figure if you don't have your shit together to pick up before 3am you should take a six hour time out. My area requires special consideration and cuts sales at nine pm, So everyone has an extra fridge in the basement or garage.

NSFW:
d6688dd-6ed82705-87cb-439c-881e-ffa76cf1cec0.jpg

I remember when I lived in Milwaukee there was no alcohol sales from businesses after 9 PM, except for one small area that gave an exemption to one business and was allowed to sell it until midnight.

Yea bringing back more memories, growing up in WI there were lots of places that would sell to minors without carding. We were able to start buying beer soon as one of friends grew a beard at like 15 lol.

My one friend stole her sisters ID at 15 so we could get hotel rooms and every weekend we’d wreck a new hotel room, somehow getting away with it for a long time til one night we went too fancy on the hotel and got WAY too rowdy, ended up owing like 500-600$ to repair everything.

Once you hit close to legal drinking age most places stopped carding. It’s strange to me going to other states and getting carded in my 30’s.

-GC

Lol, this and cigarettes!

The first time I ever got carded was actually after I was 21 and they started doing mandatory carding almost everywhere.

I remember when I lived in Milwaukee there was no alcohol sales from businesses after 9 PM, except for one small area that gave an exemption to one business and was allowed to sell it until midnight.

Same thing here, That's interesting because only one location can sell beer here until 12am. I don't know why they get to, but they have for years and years, A Quick trip right in town. Places right across the street no way,

You lived in Milwaukee.. how did it treat you? Milltown can be burly, only place I ever got armed robbed. I have been quite a few places.

Same thing here, That's interesting because only one location can sell beer here until 12am. I don't know why they get to, but they have for years and years, A Quick trip right in town. Places right across the street no way,

You lived in Milwaukee.. how did it treat you? Milltown can be burly

You’re right, it was only beer that was available until midnight! It was a gas station, as well, I can’t remember the name. I miss Kwik Trips, spicy chicken sandwiches or their $5 pizzas after working all day... the memories lol.

I actually really enjoyed Milwaukee and the surrounding suburbs, especially considering during my IV using years, the north side drug use is pretty much (somewhat) decriminalized, so I’m grateful I made it out with my life and never ran into any legal problems.

It’s somewhat funny, in hindsight, most of us who got into heroin all started doing OxyContin in high school, and we all thought we were smart and safe doing a prescription medication and not following in the foot steps of the heavy alcoholics everywhere ... little did we know the twist life had in store for us.

Has anyone mentioned how ridiculous it is, in my state at least, that you can't buy liquor on Sundays?

What happened to separation of church and state? The ONLY people arguing no liquor on Sundays are christians...

This reminds me of my mother who always HATED liquor and thought of it like a hard drug yet she would buy me beer all the time as a kid. It's some sort of cognitive dissonance.

If I want to get drunk I'm going to drink the same amount of alcohol no matter where it comes from.

I do agree with statistical data, though, and yeah.... the majority of people going to get alcohol at 3am are probably already drunk. Literally every time I tried to I was. It's just crime reduction and I agree with it.

Has anyone mentioned how ridiculous it is, in my state at least, that you can't buy liquor on Sundays?

What happened to separation of church and state? The ONLY people arguing no liquor on Sundays are christians...

This reminds me of my mother who always HATED liquor and thought of it like a hard drug yet she would buy me beer all the time as a kid. It's some sort of cognitive dissonance.

If I want to get drunk I'm going to drink the same amount of alcohol no matter where it comes from.

I do agree with statistical data, though, and yeah.... the majority of people going to get alcohol at 3am are probably already drunk. Literally every time I tried to I was. It's just crime reduction and I agree with it.

I think alcohol is one of the hardest drugs out there. Abuse can and does lead to misery, repeated insanity, violence and destroys health like almost no other drug. Shits crazy hard.

Covid changed everything.

But yeah, state to state. Pre covid the best cities were chicago, new york which were 5am bar cities. Vegas 24/7. Rest of USA 2am. Lots of USA (bible belt) hard liquor only comes from liquor stores and cannot be bought on sundays (you can from a bar / food place, though).

After growing up in a 5am city my whole life, bars and clubs closing at 2am were absolute shit. 2am is usually when you go to the club lol. Most of the USA got scammed 1980-2019

But again, covid changed all.

I think alcohol is one of the hardest drugs out there. Abuse can and does lead to misery, repeated insanity, violence and destroys health like almost no other drug. Shits crazy hard.
And if you are prone to get them. And you're getting middle/ old aged, like me, insults are a possibility.

Learned that the hard way. Twice, just to show I am no Donkey. But that was really my dumbest move till today. Easily the worst drug mentally and physically when abused.

In my state, it's 2am. And you can't buy any alcohol before noon on Sunday (because you should be in church praising the lord, of course). Also, hard liquor can only be sold at government stores, and they close between 7pm and 9pm, and are closed all day on Sundays. That was weird to me when I moved here, because in the state I'm from, liquor is sold at grocery stores and sometimes gas stations.
Sounds similar to my State; no beer/wine after midnight unless at a bar, no liquor after 9pm and it must be sold in a designated liquor store. Then on Sundays you can't buy beer till noon and you can't buy liquor at all, because God is okay with you getting tipsy, not shitfaced on Sundays.

The problem exists because under the umbrella of drink we can encapsulate entirely the idea of modern society and ethanol is thought of more as a food-type, less as a very potent drug.

And you have to be 21 to buy nicotine
That's federal law actually. Though in my State they have a grandfather rule allowing those who were already 18 when the law took effect to still purchase tobacco. It's funny because if they scan their ID at any major retailer it'll deny the sale, a manager has to override it.

And then apparently if you're active duty military you can buy tobacco at 18 still. Why not alcohol? Idk lol our country's views on how we treat 18-21 year olds in the military, even civilian life, is really rather wonky.

I feel the fact that stopping sales is in the publics' best interest. My wife and I always have a couple liters of various liquor stocked in the liquor cabinet anyhow so it doesn't bother me much that I can't buy it at certain times.

That's federal law actually. Though in my State they have a grandfather rule allowing those who were already 18 when the law took effect to still purchase tobacco. It's funny because if they scan their ID at any major retailer it'll deny the sale, a manager has to override it.

And then apparently if you're active duty military you can buy tobacco at 18 still. Why not alcohol? Idk lol our country's views on how we treat 18-21 year olds in the military, even civilian life, is really rather wonky.

I feel the fact that stopping sales is in the publics' best interest. My wife and I always have a couple liters of various liquor stocked in the liquor cabinet anyhow so it doesn't bother me much that I can't buy it at certain times.

Federal age was always 18, it's still 18 in my state as far as I know. If they changed it federally to 21, then I was unaware.

Wanting to go get more alcohol late at night or very early in the morning probably means you're already fucked up, so it would be best if you stayed where you are. Nobody needs more drunk drivers.

I'm sure there are other (less logical) political reasons as well.
It was a religious thing in my state. No drinks on church day lol

It was a religious thing in my state. No drinks on church day lol

Same problem in some small european cities. It's not 'cause they're deeply religious, it's just that nobody works on Sunday and specially on Sunday afternoon, you can't even buy food.
At the last place I lived it was sometimes difficult to buy booze after 8pm because all supermarkets (there were no liquor stores) closed. The only place you could go was some very small stores managed by Algerians, and most of them closed pretty early too.

Pretty weird now that I think about it because I'm pretty sure they were muslims and alcohol is prohibited afaik...

Last edited:
Yea bringing back more memories, growing up in WI there were lots of places that would sell to minors without carding. We were able to start buying beer soon as one of friends grew a beard at like 15 lol.

My one friend stole her sisters ID at 15 so we could get hotel rooms and every weekend we’d wreck a new hotel room, somehow getting away with it for a long time til one night we went too fancy on the hotel and got WAY too rowdy, ended up owing like 500-600$ to repair everything.

Once you hit close to legal drinking age most places stopped carding. It’s strange to me going to other states and getting carded in my 30’s.

-GC
dam, i get carded all the time, rite aid cards everyone, my buddy is 64 and carded him so dumb, i was thinking maby they do it to kinda track u if a person of intrest,

Surely the obvious solution is to make sure you buy enough booze while they are open... :LOL:
In greece they made a law that all stores that can sell alcohol must close before 12 midnight thinking that this would in some way help slow down coronavirus and everyone did exactly what you suggested.
I swear sometimes it looks like the laws are written by 5 year olds

-GC
Off topic: If you don't mind me asking, where in WI did you grow up? I was born and raised in Oshkosh. Feel free to answer by pm or just ignore the question, I'd have asked by pm, but I can't get them to work with the limited functionality of the unregistered burner I use to cruise on BL for more anonymity for this pseudonym after my original one resulted in my identity being compromised.

Lol, this and cigarettes!

The first time I ever got carded was actually after I was 21 and they started doing mandatory carding almost everywhere.
I had to date girls older than me to get them to buy beer for me atone point when I was 198 all the ay tru 21

sometimes I would hire homeless people in the street to bug my alcohol because I wasn’t old enough to buy It

and somehow the SAME thing happened to ME!

ever since I turned 21 places stopped carding me, I even like showing my ID to places where I buy my beer at and they don’t even look at it

its crazy