• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

why dont they sell beer after 3 a.m. in the morning in the u.s.????

Of all prohibition laws, this is one of the few I approve of.

#1 so drunks dont drive to the liquor store in the middle of the night

#2 things rarely get better when you get more drunk at 3am

I'm pretty sure where I am in the US it's 10pm for liquor stores, 2am for bars. Up until recently liquor stores were closed sundays, by law. And you have to be 21 to buy nicotine

is there any particular reason why this law exists in the u.s.??

I think a large portion of limiting hours has to do with attempts to mitigate excessive alcohol consumption and the broad consequences associated with it, which is why they can vary greatly from state to state, and even locally within a state.

I believe laws limiting Sunday hours were, in part, driven due to religious reasons for those areas.

Last edited:
can't really say shit.....

literally every single time I've wanted to drive to the liquor store at 3am is because I was already fucked up and shouldn't be driving anyways

Ha, not me. I tend to get up early and wait till the store opens so I can get plastered all day. Don't get me wrong, I don't do this every day. Just like once or twice a week. Regardless I get up early every day as soon as the sun is up etc

I could easily drink all day. It's just too expensive for me

Here in France we have "rebeu" (pronounce in french) which means maghrebans, north africa people, who own small businesses that are open until 3am on the usual. We call it like that because they're always owned by south african people. It's pricey, like for 5€ a flask of vodka. Rebeu is the slang name for Arabes ^^

In Wisconsin the old timers hit the bottle as early as seven or even six in the morning.

Yessir, it’s very common to have a couple at lunch then head back to work. Not weird at all to see a couple guys in a bar soon as it opens. It’s a different way of life there.

When I finally moved I had to adapt to a new way of drinking because I’d been taught such crazy drinking behaviors.

To give perspective my graduation party had 50-60people at it and we drank 6 full kegs to ourselves that night. The last one we drank to just a group of 10-15 cuz we were being stingy. On top of all the heroin, cocaine and ecstasy being eaten.

Even after years of minimal drinking my tolerance is forever maxed, I can drink 10 shots no tolerance and not be the least bit noticeably buzzed. I’m feeling it but not outwardly obvious.

As kids when we didn’t have booze we’d walk into the first open garage door we saw and 9 times out of 10 there would be a fridge full of beer or booze that we’d raid. Some houses became regular hit spots for their quality selections. The stupid shit we’d do lol.

-GC

Yessir, it’s very common to have a couple at lunch then head back to work. Not weird at all to see a couple guys in a bar soon as it opens. It’s a different way of life there.

When I finally moved I had to adapt to a new way of drinking because I’d been taught such crazy drinking behaviors.

To give perspective my graduation party had 50-60people at it and we drank 6 full kegs to ourselves that night. The last one we drank to just a group of 10-15 cuz we were being stingy. On top of all the heroin, cocaine and ecstasy being eaten.

Even after years of minimal drinking my tolerance is forever maxed, I can drink 10 shots no tolerance and not be the least bit noticeably buzzed. I’m feeling it but not outwardly obvious.

As kids when we didn’t have booze we’d walk into the first open garage door we saw and 9 times out of 10 there would be a fridge full of beer or booze that we’d raid. Some houses became regular hit spots for their quality selections. The stupid shit we’d do lol.

-GC
nice...
as a kid i would steal alchol usualy beer or bitch drinks ,sometime just walk out witb a 30 rack and have some one driving in a difrent parkink lot, good times

and i had to wait like 6 hours in front of a 24 hour gas station, because it was against the law

is there any particular reason why this law exists in the u.s.??
Selling beer, or any Alcoholic drink, in gas station's is forbidden by law where I live.
Destimulating driving and drinking and probably lowering the accident's related.

Enjoy it while you can. The law is a changing and a rotating thing. Or does it go up/ evolute? Imo Ethanol has no place in a gas station. But I am biased, don't have a licence to drive a car to begin with.

But it was usefull, when they did sell it ;)

I don’t know if it’s still that way, but up near Atlantic City used to be you couldn’t buy cigarettes a lighter or alcohol where gasoline was being sold. Hell for that matter you couldn’t pump your own gas, everything was full service.

I don’t know if it’s still that way, but up near Atlantic City used to be you couldn’t buy cigarettes a lighter or alcohol where gasoline was being sold. Hell for that matter you couldn’t pump your own gas, everything was full service.
when ive been to Maine its like that its fuckin sweet idk if gas stations do but every other store has them

when ive been to Maine its like that its fuckin sweet idk if gas stations do but every other store has them
My first wife was from right outside Atlantic City. I used to bust their balls about that shit. The Yanks couldn’t be trusted not to burn their self down? The cool thing was, to buy beer you either went to a liquor store, or after midnight it had to be a bar. In the areaWhere she grew up that meant scandals Gentlemans club LOL. I’m not a drinker just a head back then. So guess who got to go on beer run’s? Damn them girls liked a southern drawl

They figure if you don't have your shit together to pick up before 3am you should take a six hour time out. My area requires special consideration and cuts sales at nine pm, So everyone has an extra fridge in the basement or garage.

NSFW:
d6688dd-6ed82705-87cb-439c-881e-ffa76cf1cec0.jpg

My bud Kluge was from Minnesota. Said something about different alcohol content beer between the two states back in the day. Is that still so?

Yea bringing back more memories, growing up in WI there were lots of places that would sell to minors without carding. We were able to start buying beer soon as one of friends grew a beard at like 15 lol.

My one friend stole her sisters ID at 15 so we could get hotel rooms and every weekend we’d wreck a new hotel room, somehow getting away with it for a long time til one night we went too fancy on the hotel and got WAY too rowdy, ended up owing like 500-600$ to repair everything.

Once you hit close to legal drinking age most places stopped carding. It’s strange to me going to other states and getting carded in my 30’s.

-GC

Yea bringing back more memories, growing up in WI there were lots of places that would sell to minors without carding. We were able to start buying beer soon as one of friends grew a beard at like 15 lol.

My one friend stole her sisters ID at 15 so we could get hotel rooms and every weekend we’d wreck a new hotel room, somehow getting away with it for a long time til one night we went too fancy on the hotel and got WAY too rowdy, ended up owing like 500-600$ to repair everything.

Once you hit close to legal drinking age most places stopped carding. It’s strange to me going to other states and getting carded in my 30’s.

-GC

aww shit so many memories. everybody had that one spot that didn't card them. I always looked older than I was when I was a teenager. I was that guy that could get you cigs and alcohol at the local Texaco gas station.

even in boarding school my sophomore year I made a killing buying cartons and selling packs for $10/pop

I also made a small fortune selling drugs because I was one of the only kids there that grew up in that city, most were from out of town

I was fucking John Gotti of 15 year olds