Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the Last Film You Saw? v. Tell Us What You Thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sicario ( 2015 )

Sicario: An idealistic FBI agent is enlisted by an elected government task force to aid in the escalating war against drugs at the border area between the U.S. and Mexico.

Currently 4.64/5
(11 votes)
Ratings: IMDB: 7.9/10 Metascore: 78% RT: 91%
Released: October 02, 2015
Runtime: 121 mins
Genres: Action
Countries: USA
Director: Denis Villeneuve
Actors: Benicio Del Toro Emily Blunt Jon Bernthal Josh Brolin
Saw this today, ruined a new pair of Jordan's nodding out, spit my beer on my show, but overall, decent movie- Big Toro fan, mane!
Earlier today, I watched Knock, Knock- Great flick if you have some free time!
--
Everest in 3D / Blackmass WILL be next- Look very promising, especially since my mom told me all there was to know about James "Whitey" Bulger, since they studied him as a C.J. Major.

"Black Mass". It's a good but not great film, wholly anchored by Depp's performance (which is great) and his interplay with Edgerton. The first half of the film drags, but the second half makes up for it. 3.5 / 5

Saw 'The Martian' the other night. I'd give it a good 7/10. Visually brilliant, highly atmospheric, heaps of tension towards the end- genuine nervousness during the space-walking finale. Theconcept grabbed my stoned brain pretty tight. My main criticisms is regarding the script at times, and Matt Damon. The former just seemed very glib and ironically self-aware. I found it hard to empathise with Watney. The latter is just not a great actor IMO. A lot of odd sharp exhalations to convey emotion but what emotion? A lot of scenes of him eating- like Brad Pitt who seems to always be eating during films. Something annoys me about that.

Of the the 3 recent 'space films' (Gravity, Interstellar and this), The Martian has been my favorite. I thought Gravity was fucking hopelessly boring, and Interstellar just didn't quite make it (plus I guessed the plot about 20 minutes in %)).

^
The popularity of Gravity confused me for a while. It's not a bad movie and it looks great, but it was unbelievably predictable. For a Clooney/Bullock combo I didn't think either really stood out.

Had a big rewatch day. Started with Fargo and then moved to American Psycho, both of which I've seen numerous times. Then a second watch of American Sniper. In conclusion, people are fucked up.

Worst scene to rewatch was the drill scene in American Sniper. If you've seen it I'm sure you remember it. Favorite moment: "Try getting a reservation at Dorsia now you fucking stupid bastard!" I LOL every time.

Reasonable Doubt

It's on Netflix... Surprisingly really good. 3.5/5

It has terrible reviews too idk why. Maybe it's because I had low expectations but I thought it was a fun movie to watch, if that makes any sense

Just finished the foreign film Instructions Not Included. My husband, I, and our son were in tears. Highly recommend. But I now want to hunt down the director, writers, and all actors and punch them in the nose for the feels.

Fuck.

Being John Malkovich, I enjoyed it quite a lot. 8/10.

I was pretty fucking stoned, but I feel like it was the funniest film I have watched in a fair while, although I haven't bothered with many comedies lately.

Sircario

Interesting bit of anti-climax in crossing a border, and the whole movie is sort of vaguely anti-climatic - to great effect I might add - although possibly one of the best thrillers in years, right up there with Silence of the Lambs. The whole movie is subtextually sexist, but knowingly so.

The Maze Runner. It was good, not spectacular, but good. Was a different movie than I thought it would be.

Not really a film but ive binge watched all 3 new episodes of American Horror Story:Hotel...pretty good stuff!! Watching Rock N Rolla right now though with a 4 pack, thinking about how much i don't want to go to work tomorrow.:(

Amy ( 2015 )

Amy: The story of Amy Winehouse in her own words, featuring unseen archival footage and unheard tracks.

Released: July 03, 2015
Runtime: 128 mins
Genres: Biography Documentary Music
Actors: Amy Winehouse Tony Bennett

I really enjoyed this.

Experimenter

A 2015 dramatization of the infamous Milgram "electroshock" experiments regarding authority and subordination. Pretty solid flick, and quite verbatim from the actual experiments.

The Descent

Its not really a movie I could take seriously. Let's take a group of bumbling idiots and send them down into some cave set pieces. Portions of the script either did not make any sense, or were improv'ed, but a lot of the dialogue felt forced. Also, in terms of realism...you don't venture down into a bunch of caves and then randomly decide to go down further. You get out of the damn hole and call it a day.

bridge of spies.

beautifully produced. many times i asked myself how the hell they made that part. nicely written, (co written by the coen brothers). can't really fault it, except the beginning and end seem like two separate but related stories.

La Sapienza

life's mysteries explored through Francesco Borromini architecture. so many beautiful scenes. this and "the great beauty" compliment each other perfectly imo and would make for one awesome back to back viewing.

Last edited:
it follows (2015)

i have never ever got into horror, this movie could be enough to convert me if there are others that are of the same quality.

i came for the soundtrack by disasterpeace (did fez soundtrack aswell), i stayed for the beautiful cinematography and atmosphere which left me intensely focused on each frame.

aand its set in detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.