Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the Last Film You Saw? v. Tell Us What You Thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^
I was thinking it was going to be a little more exciting or a little more of a thriller then it turned out to be.

Went to the theater last night and was fortunate enough that the local movie theater had two showings of The Big Short. Was sort of excited about seeing it because of good reviews and I like all the main actors in it (Steve Carell, Ryan Gosling, Christian Bale, Brad Pitt), but didn't have too much expectations since the only thing I knew about it was that it was about the housing bubble in 2008.

Won't give much away other than to say, great cast, great pacing, great story-telling, great use of humor, just a really enjoyable movie. Definitely have to pay attention, but they made a potentially boring, confusing topic into an enjoyable movie with a surprising amount of humor. I would recommend.

I was thinking it was going to be a little more exciting or a little more of a thriller then it turned out to be.
yeah, i think i am guilty of assuming it was going to be more of a classic 'tinker tailor' spy drama.

after sleeping on it, i'd upgrade it to 'pretty good' :)

alasdair

I just saw the new Star Wars movie, and yeah, it was pretty incredible. Now I have to rewatch all of the Star Wars all over again because that movie got me hyped!

Also watched Edward Scissorhands yesterday. Still my favorite film by Tim Burton.
U8NjUG2.jpg

Last edited:
idk if you guys are into psychological thrillers but "Goodnight, mommy" was fucking disturbing :\. what i enjoyed about this film was the fact that it's not based on the supernatural like your typical horror.

it's a german movie but i saw it with english subtitles. because of this i didn't think it'll do well on it's own as a thread cos i saw it on some random stream website with some friends tonight.

i must warn though, it was a very dark and depressing movie. :|

it has a twist ;)

^Nice, I dig psychological thrillers/horror more than I do (over the top) supernatural or slasher types of horror. Implied horror and suspense combined with real psychological interaction with the movie just trumps blood and gore or in your face supernatural creepiness ime. I'll have to look into this one :)

Yeah, Goodnight Mommy was pretty awesome. The twist was kind of predictable, but thats not what made the film for me. It was more the production, atmosphere, tone, etc.

It was more the production, atmosphere, tone, etc.

yes i fully agree here. it was a masterpiece in the regard of suspense imo.

just saw "Side Effects". after last night psychological thrillers are just piquing the fuck outta my interest =D. i enjoyed the film for what it was.. the ending was satisfying however
the fact that they drifted from the psychological aspect of the main patient's illness to an inside job scheme was a tad cliche IMO. i was eager to see the outcome of the trial if it only pertained to her being unconscious of the murder but then again i guess a movie ending off in a psych ward would have been boring so i'll give them the creative ending :)

i really thought they were gonna focus more on the psychological effects of depression treatment and the numerous flaws embedded into the entire notion that these pills will do more good than harm..

Just finished up Goodnight Mommy, was pretty insane, but the ending kind of left me feeling indifferent to it.

Side Effects also started off strongly, I thought. But really would have liked to see it continue with the story started in the beginning, rather than turning into what it turned into

Just watched "They Live" for the first time last night. 3.5 out of 5.

"Twelve Angry Men" for the first time tonight, and "The Hateful 8" tomorrow.

I saw it as a play before I saw the original movie. I kind of liked the play version better. Not sure if it was because it was live action or if because I already knew the storyline by the time I saw the film.

Twelve Angry Men (the original film) was actually given to us as an assignment in my freshman year of college. I'd seen it before, but rewatched it anyway. I forgot what class it was for? Maybe Ethics?

Twelve Angry Men (the original film) was actually given to us as an assignment in my freshman year of college. I'd seen it before, but rewatched it anyway. I forgot what class it was for? Maybe Ethics?

I think I watched it in Civics in HS... but Ethics would make sense too.

I'm going to rewatch the first three Indiana Jones films. Its been a long time, and I need something to pull me away from star wars for a while.

Do you remember what the assignment was?

I'm going to rewatch the first three Indiana Jones films. Its been a long time, and I need something to pull me away from star wars for a while.

I loved those movies when I was younger and I still love them today. I still put them on whenever they're on TV. Indy is just so cool. It's just that simple.

just finished "Hostage" and holy fuck did i enjoy that. 8o

bruce willis never disappoints ime.

The Big Short

Wow, I wasn't expecting this. Likely the best film I've seen in all of 2015. Relentlessly funny, depressing, superbly written, informative, and smart all at the same time. It's reminding me of The Wolf of Wall Street for grown ups, it even has Margot Robbie in a bathtub drinking champagne while explaining sub-prime mortgages and credit default swaps. It even features an Anthony Bourdain cameo.

Sold.

The Big Short

Wow, I wasn't expecting this. Likely the best film I've seen in all of 2015. Relentlessly funny, depressing, superbly written, informative, and smart all at the same time. It's reminding me of The Wolf of Wall Street for grown ups, it even has Margot Robbie in a bathtub drinking champagne while explaining sub-prime mortgages and credit default swaps. It even features an Anthony Bourdain cameo.

Sold.

Yes!

I saw it little more than 2 weeks ago and I've still been in "good movie after-glow" that comes about whenever I see a spectacularly delightful film. I would actually go see it in the theater again.

It had a lot of the qualities that make up an excellent film, from storyline, to acting, to editing and camera work, to funny, crisp dialogue; just an enjoyable film overall. Haven't heard too many people talk about it other than a few positive reviews I've seen. It got a good crowd reaction in the theater I saw it in.

Also, although his first line of dialogue seemed very Michael Scott-ish (and was funny), Steve Carell has come a long way in the last few years. He did a great job in this movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.