Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the Last Film You Saw? v. Tell Us What You Thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^
I was disappointed with that. It also seemed to move really slow and I would agree with you that it was confusing. I usually don't call movies boring, but I found this movie boring.

I don't know if I would describe it as boring myself, just because there was so much going on. But, I certainly agree that it was a disappointing movie. I like weird films but this one was just incoherent.

Ah, here's the thread lol. Some nice ideas here, thanks for sharing :)

I saw The Martian on Friday. It was really good. Suspenseful. Matt Damon was good in it. I recommend seeing it in theaters because it looks so good on the big screen.

I saw The Martian as well. It's a solid flick; though I don't see it ousting my favorite (realistic) space movies any time soon, I'd give it an excellent 4/5.

Still Alice...it was okay. Guilty pleasure of watching a well off middle class family dissolve (?)

Their family was pretty tight, even as Alice's condition got worse and worse.

That movie scared me. Alzheimer's looks quite awful for the person who has it and maybe even moreso for the family.

Afflicted.
Was awesome, in my opinion. Didn't know it was a vampire movie, but it was a totally different one than the average.

Snowpiercer

proles revolting on a train. though its production is above the average sci-fi flick on netflix, its plot is cheap. and it doesn't have the personality to be a cult film. it does have a moment or two. the "it's noisy" line might be worth the two hour setup.

^^ It was a bit of a missed opportunity, though I still enjoyed it. But anything with Tilda Swinton

The Gift ( 2015 )

The Gift: A young married couple's lives are thrown into a harrowing tailspin when an acquaintance from the husband's past brings mysterious gifts and a horrifying secret to light after more than 20 years.

Currently 3.84/5
(286 votes)
Ratings: IMDB: 7.5/10 Metascore: 77% RT: 93%
Released: August 07, 2015
Runtime: 108 mins
Genres: Mystery Thriller
Countries: Australia USA
Director: Joel Edgerton
Actors: Adam Lazarre-White Allison Tolman Busy Philipps Jason Bateman Joel Edgerton Rebecca Hall Susan May Pratt Tim Griffin Wendell Pierce
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It kept me interested to watch it all the way through. Worth a watch I think.

Sicario ( 2015 )

Sicario: An idealistic FBI agent is enlisted by an elected government task force to aid in the escalating war against drugs at the border area between the U.S. and Mexico.

Currently 4.64/5
(11 votes)
Ratings: IMDB: 7.9/10 Metascore: 78% RT: 91%
Released: October 02, 2015
Runtime: 121 mins
Genres: Action
Countries: USA
Director: Denis Villeneuve
Actors: Benicio Del Toro Emily Blunt Jon Bernthal Josh Brolin

Just saw "Sicario". It's not an *enjoyable* film, per se, but the filmmaking and acting are top-notch. Gets under your the skin the best possible way. I give it 4 out of 5.

I saw The Martian as well. It's a solid flick; though I don't see it ousting my favorite (realistic) space movies any time soon, I'd give it an excellent 4/5.
Read the book, you'll love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.