• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What was the last thing you ate/drank? version Healthy Living

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Take it back :p I started eating apple mango in the States because that's all they'd sell in the Mexican grocery. It tastes good-- you have to pull yourself out of the yellow-mango state of mind to appreciate it.

On occasion I get tropical fruit withdrawal in other countries and soak dried papaya or mango in water before eating them. Otherwise they are so sweet and tough they make my teeth fucking hurt after I have a lot. And they have that white powder on top.

I do have a feeling it is the apple mangoes that they turn into dried mango. It grows loads in Ilocos, and I've heard that people from Cebu import it (because no one likes to eat it locally) to dry it for export.

Anyhow, I just ate some soup with patola-- the gourd that eventually becomes luffah scrub. Too much black pepper cough cough.

So I had to rebound and eat some coconut jam off a spoon yum.

*hugs you and smears you all over with apple mango jyus* ;)

edit: There is NO such thing as too much black pepper! nomnomnom

egg-main_full.jpg

There is such a thing as too much black pepper and it always happens in miswa.

I just had a hot steaming cup of chocolate-ah, which is the less good version of chocolate espeso. The shop ran out of the thick stuff, and the new girl doesn't make it as good. I got the big cup to compensate, and now I'm hyper as fuck.

And I had some vegetable curry with chapati. The chapati I dipped into the chocolate after a bit.

Yumm...for dinner today made my favorite simple green bean dish...chopped green beans sauteed with onion, tomatoes, ground pork and some oyster sauce (birds eye pepper is a mainstay in all my meals! ;))

beans.jpg

Tonight I ate it with some kielbasa, than for dessert I had a small banana and a plum. Winner!

some kind and loving folks made me my favorite food:

CHEESEBURGERS!!!! =D

Our grill is being used tomorrow (finally!)...buffalo burgers with blue cheese and vegetable skewers on the menu! I know what we are eating Mon-Friday. Planning ahead makes eating a balanced diet MUCH easier. I am playing with different salad and dressing recipes this year.

Yumm...for dinner today made my favorite simple green bean dish...chopped green beans sauteed with onion, tomatoes, ground pork and some oyster sauce (birds eye pepper is a mainstay in all my meals! ;))

beans.jpg

Tonight I ate it with some kielbasa, than for dessert I had a small banana and a plum. Winner!

Mmm. Tonight, I made flash-sautéed chinese string beans (the long ones) with soy/ginger/lime. Bulgar wheat w/pine nuts/pink peppercorns/cardamom on the side.

You'd think that the peppercorns and cardamom wouldn't work with bulgar… those two spices, plus a couple of cloves, work best cooked with white basmati rice. But they work great with bulgar as well. Just skip the addition of the cloves.

I just love bulgar so much, always have. My mom used to make it with cheap flank steak and a dijon mustard/green peppercorn sauce.… I never get tired of bulgar. As a pilaf, or a hot or cold salad. I eat it almost as frequently as basmati/jasmine rice, or quinoa. Grains with every meal. Mmm, quinoa.

Speaking of basmati, does anyone here love the baby brown basmati? I get it from a co-op grocery near my neighborhood. Their grains are always fresh because they sell tons of it weekly to the vegans and macrobio's. They are some grain-loving motherfuckers over there. And I love them for it. Fresh herbs, teas and spices in bulk too and they're splendidly fresh.

Try the baby brown basmati if you can find it in your area. It's nutty and complex and the mouth-feel is similar to black (forbidden) rice. Very tasty.

Those green beans look tasty, Mariacallas.

Ok guys, this was my attempt at eating healthy for a whole day! lol.

Breakfast: 2 hardboiled eggs with a little bit of salt and pepper, a fruit-kabob with fresh pineapple and green grapes! Water to drink.

photo1110d.jpg

Snack: snack-sized bag of Sunchips and bottle of water.

Lunch\Dinner: A salad with mixed greens, baby carrots, grape tomatoes, lowfat cheddar cheese, green peas, white meat chicken and low fat balsamic vingirette. YUM! (i lovveee the little tomatos). Unsweeted black tea with mint and lemon to drink.

photo1111.jpg

Then I gave in and had a spoonful of my mom's baked speghetti (it was tempting me all day in the fridge.)

Dessert: A Weight Watchers coffee ice cream popsicle.

I'll probably have a 100 calorie pack of popcorn later.

^ Does that sound healthy??

SALAD FOR SUPPER: spinach leaves, red pepper, shredded carrot, shredded red cabbage, cucumber, minced garlic, bulgar, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, slivered almonds, dried cranberries w/sliced grilled pork loin chop (marinaded in teriyaki) tossed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and fresh ground pepper.

I wish I took a photo. It was very colourful. and delicious!

my meals today were:

breakfast : nothing

lunch: 3 pretzels

dinner: shrimp and corn

right now: a banana

Hehe thanks ThaiDie! That salad looks super yummy, and I love hardboiled eggs as a quick snack. I think I eat waay too many eggs...Lovin the pictures guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.