• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though my mdma is not lab tested, Ive been wise enough to be using reagents for over a decade now (and thank f I have... the stuff some ppl eat smdh, anyways). The stuff in question showed positive on all 4 marquis, mecke, mandelin and folin. I feel that my batch, which I have now had for a number of years, likely greater than 5 because I just didnt enjoy it, is middle of the road meh.
I didnt have fresh reagents when I first came across it but it was on good word. And my old reagents results were promising so...

Now this stuff isnt bad, better than some others that have shown positive reagent results. (Though I honestly couldnt recall any differences in colourmetric testing over the years but I could test this again if itd be helpful).

Anyways, I didnt have a means to differentiate between primary and secondary aimines via a simons /robadope.
But given the other results I ate a stupid amount with a modest amount of acid. It was a decent time lol.. best roll in ages, in fact, likely due to my long tolerance break. And the hike in the woods was real intense. Deep breathing, all bug eyed, lots of nystagmus lol

But when I tried it on its own, some months later, I was kinda taken aback, something just wasnt right.
I honestly thought buddy had mixed the mda with the mdma. I was lethargic - to a degree, there was little empathy, some love - but it was mostly at how good Im feeling, but not too good like I wanna touch everything good, my pupils dilate but they arent flying saucers

And I just dont wanna open up, Id much rather just sit and listen. Which isnt a bad thing but its not what Id come to love about M. Honestly when I found M in high school it really broke me out of my shell. I had a lot of social anxiety and my Mom was sick and it honestly really helped me.....then a few years later I abused it, not as bad as some but fml if theres ever something I regret its taking that much M lol (not funny... though. I also regret alocohl addiction... but thats another story and now Im rambling ..)

Anyways, tt took me 4 years before getting fresh reagents... (What can I say, I dont party much anymore lol) ...
But it turns out, as far as i can tell, this is just middle grade mehdma.

Of note my other "softer" m is most likely mde. Which I might say, given both my meh and mde are short and dont produce much of a comedown, nor midweek blues, they combine nicely... I like about 2:1 meh:mde at about 80:40 with a 60 mg 2:1 boost at ~ 45 min - 1h. The early, slightly beefer (half vs my typical third) boost makes up for the weaker effects from both the meh and the mde and extends the shorter duration.

Though this isnt ideal it tends to suffice, while I look for the elusive quality M. I just dont long for it the way I used to proper M
Again none of it has ever been lab tested so maybe its just nostalgia
But Ive definitely had consistent crystals test positive and suck even more ( lol... sad) so who knows..

Just my 15 ¢

Last edited:
@Wilson Wilson I think the simplest explanation of how you are getting magic from Q-Dance pills and other people are not is that there are fake pills in the market, or even, that Q-Dance sends certain regions different product than other regions. They may even have satellite locations prepping/pressing pills with different methodologies.

I agree wrt fake presses especially in the US where it's obviously more difficult and expensive to get the real deal imported.

I would be surprised if Q-Dance made bunk pills for certain regions. I do know that Q-Dance (and others) make lower dosed pills specifically for the USA market. For example the Tic Tac pills contained about 150mg MDMA and were produced primarily for the US. The CP pills more popular in the US also have a similar kind of dosage iirc.

But as we know, lower dose doesn't mean less magic, and higher dose doesn't mean more magic. Crews like Q-Dance either buy or produce MDMA in such huge bulk that it wouldn't really make sense to also get lower quality stuff and press it for a specific market. If anything that'd cost more money than just making one press of each pill. The standard ~250mg Q-Dance pill costs pennies wholesale. I don't think price discussion is allowed in this subforum so I won't be more specific, but seriously, those top pills are already dirt cheap. It would probably cost more than its worth to make different batches with different MDMA for different regions at least as far as the big boys go.

Small time pressers knocking out fakes is a whole other story of course.

So I don't really see why some MDMA wouldn't be better than other MDMA even if they're both the same from a molecular standpoint. And I'm sure there's more logical reasons that batch variation would qualitatively change the experience of the compound when ingested.

I do not doubt there is variation in synthesis which then leads to a variation in quality.

I do doubt the claim that all modern MDMA is shit and only the fabled "old stuff" is good.

Latest version:
Please read this first, before posting to the thread “What is Wrong with the MDMA Available Today?”
You should probably add that this is about "in vivo" testing of MDMA alone and not with other drugs ...or after other drugs.
3h "before" other drugs might be fine and even diagnostic.

Lab testing, too, of course.

No feedback to give, really. It's nice, indigo.

Also, thoughts on a MediaWiki instance?

@psy997 I have worked with Wiki pages before, but the specific version I used is no longer an option. My primary concern is keeping people's IP addresses and identifying information private. Would that be possible on MediaWiki? Alternatively, if people used TOR to access the Wiki, would the program balk at that, or would it work?

I made one small change to the chart. Instead of "Enhanced sex/making out" I changed it to "Enhanced Erotic Activity/Making Out" since some users may not actually engage in sex due to prolactin etc.

@psy997 I have worked with Wiki pages before, but the specific version I used is no longer an option. My primary concern is keeping people's IP addresses and identifying information private. Would that be possible on MediaWiki? Alternatively, if people used TOR to access the Wiki, would the program balk at that, or would it work?

I don't imagine access via TOR would be an issue, but I'll check it out along with IP anonymity.

I tested my Meh with the Liebermann reagent (KNO2).
It was purple for a moment and then it went to black.

The magic MDMA has gone straight to black and in 2min it became brown/maroon.
I noticed that the color after the 2min strongly depends on the ambient temperature

Note:
I have not consumed the magic stuff yet, but I observed others on it during a garage party, with fully dilated pupils, loving, sociable/talkative, dancing for hours, and rubbing on stuff like cats. I asked one couple about the dose they took and they gave me 80mg (woman) and 120mg (man).

Last edited:
I just tested multiple samples with Liebermann reagent from Dancesafe.

I am really not sure what to make of any of the results.

I keep a very, very small amount of anything I come across in the hope there might be better testing available eventually. I usually have less than 1 dose set aside.

All of my tested samples were varying degrees of "meh."

Sample 1 - DW sample. Supposedly acetone washed and re-crystallized.
Appearance - White table salt
Liebermann result: Black immediately with bubbling. Separated into red and black. Large red bubble formed in center and then popped. Red around edges of black at 100 seconds.

Sample 2 - Local, supposedly sourced from Mexico.
Appearance - pink/tan sand
Liebermann result: Black bubbling. Small red bubble in center. Red at edges at 55 seconds.

Sample 3 - DW sample. Same source as sample 1, but not washed or re-crystallized.
Appearance - yellow powder, fine
Liebermann result: Black bubbling. No red bubble. Edges brown/yellow.

Sample 4 - Local, supposedly "Dutch import" (personally never consumed, told it was "meh")
Appearance - Cream powder
Liebermann result: Minimal bubbling compared to other samples. Black. No red. Purple/Yellow at edge.

Sample 5 - Online. Sample I had access to from 2005 onward.
Appearance - White powder
Liebermann Result: Purple/Black. Large bubble formed. Mostly black without other colors at edges.

I decided after all this to go back to sample 1, but to get the sample from a different bag.

Sample 1, take 2
Appearance - White table salt
Liebermann result: Completely black. Bubbling. Minimal red at edges of sample at 2 minute mark.

So, the two different baggies of sample 1 produced very different results. I will do more tests with that sample to see if it looks different every time, or if each baggie produces a different test result in a consistent fashion.

For @G_Chem and @user666, when you say that the magic samples turned to brown/maroon, was that just at the edges of the puddle or was it the entire puddle? My results had distinctly different subsections of color, and the edges were different colors.

Last edited:
Ok guys. I just spent the first half of the day setting up a MediaWiki page on a hosted server for us to use. Before I share the link, I want to share a few usage details.

1) Any registered user can add and edit pages. Please make an account (ideally with the same name as here, no email required) and contribute as you wish. I'm thinking what would be ideal is pages for every possible issue we're looking at, ideally with relevant BL posts copied over to provide a comprehensive overview of already contributed/collected information. That would be a good bit of work, but not too bad if the new search function here finds posts even from before it was implemented.
2) Comment threads are enabled for every page. At the bottom of each page you'll see an Add Comment button. Click that and you can make a comment with a title and post body. Replies can be made to top level comments that then stay under the parent comment. Parent comments can be collapsed, etc. It should provide a much better solution for collaboration and discussion than the non-delineated thread we currently have here.
3) I can do pretty much anything with the site, so if you have ideas, please let me know (ideally through the To-Do list page on there - for tracking)
4) There is a real-time chatroom that logs all messages (for information preservation purposes)
5) I'm running everything on a secured and private server, so we should be good privacy wise. Again, no email required for user creation.

I think that's it.

EDIT) Not it. If anyone wants greater admin capacities, I'm more than willing to upgrade trusted contributor's accounts.

Without further ado, the site is https://mdma.noosworx.com

Last edited:
@psy997
Yes, I was planning to go through the anecdotal reports specifically, compiling and averaging reported effects etc.

From International Energy Control:

We use GCMS for qualitative analysis of almost all samples we work, and in case of MDMA UV-Vis for quantification.
When we analyze MDMA on GCMS we notify byproducts when they have a concentration higher than 20ppm, because we have a signal enough relevant to be notified.
But your sample is just MDMA. Even though you'll get TIC and the whole chromatogram, there's no evidence of those byproducts, but instead, for future purpose if you want to seek for byproducts (even if are below 20 ppm) I can change the method and sample preparation in order to look to this.

So, as I was hypothesizing, these companies are only reporting byproducts under specific circumstances. Otherwise, they are leaving that information out of the results.

@psy997
Yes, I was planning to go through the anecdotal reports specifically, compiling and averaging reported effects etc.

Great. I saw your edit to the To-Do list on the wiki and I think I can setup a form to intake anecdotal reports. What kind of fields would you want me to add to the form?

Also, I've asked a mod if it's possible for us to get an export of all the posts in this thread for easier organization.

Last edited:
From International Energy Control:

So, as I was hypothesizing, these companies are only reporting byproducts under specific circumstances. Otherwise, they are leaving that information out of the results.

That just sounds like they need enough of a substance to be present for it to show up on the GC/MS. 20ppm works out to 2 micrograms in 100mg of a substance. I don't think contaminants at that level are going to be active.

Status
Not open for further replies.