• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MehDMA and MagicDMA reports can now be submitted here:

Please give feedback on the form (same for both Meh and Magic).

I am looking over it now.

Is there any way we can use regular time instead of military time, or is the WIKI predisposed to military time?

"How soon until able to sleep" and "Feelings of sleepiness" are listed twice.

We should add "Time since last meal."

Can we change the word "sexual" to the word "erotic" to facilitate inclusiveness of a wider range of experiences?

Can we add an input for whether the product was lab tested and another area for whether it was reagent tested and what the result was?

I will keep thinking about this and add more commentary shortly.

I can make all of those changes, yes. Unfortunately, the fields don't actually require data in a specific format, I intentionally chose 24h time so as to keep everything consistent, and since its used more globally.

Sleepiness and how soon to sleep aren't really the same, and may be nice to gain further granularity of information. In the same way questions are repeated in various ways on psychological questionnaires. Having said that, what do you think?

Sexual to erotic, sure.

Time since last meal, yep good idea.

And fields for tests are great.

Okay just a little add. I strongly believe you CAN sleep on the best, truest Magic MDMA. Or at any point. Also, you can have a very sort of- withdrawn, introverted, monged out experience where communication doesn' t want to flow.

Just a mad thought right now- hiamalayan and dead sea salt baths- depending on waxing or waning moon, one you absorb the minerals, the other toxims etc are drawn out.

Also making authentic ghee- it is recommended since ancient indian tradituinal times- to make ghee on a full moon.

The forces of nature are very real and under accounted for. We fall into trap of thinking WE have control, when it is the flow of life.

So serious questiin actually....has anybody tried rolling at different, specific points of the Lunar cycle? Like full, wax8ng, waning moon?

On an eclipse? Im very stoned and sleep dep'd so pinch of salt please.

But this just occured to me. Rolls could be remarkably different , from the same batch, depending on lunar and cosmic influences on physiology, mindset ., energy nature and requirements etc.

Maybe somebody can roll on a full moon, then at the opposite of that ( sorry not really sure what that is at the moment in my major hazy state in life currently ).

Just one final point- i made before- I strongly believe that some form of MehDma has been around way before 2005, even in 90's. I feel this possible truth is forgotten, but could also hold clues.

Sorry of this is off top guys girls. Just sharing my throughts and insights.

Sleepiness and how soon to sleep aren't really the same, and may be nice to gain further granularity of information. In the same way questions are repeated in various ways on psychological questionnaires. Having said that, what do you think?

I think you misunderstood. There are a total of four entries. It says "sleepiness" twice, AND it says "how soon to sleep" twice. I agree they are completely different and both need to be there, but they are both repeated.

@AutoTripper As you know from the other thread, I am not opposed to the idea of astrological influences. However, what does not make sense about that is why it would not have been evident previously. If phases of the moon have a significant impact, they would have been impacting my rolls from 2000-2005 as well.

That said, the last time I rolled it was between a full moon and third quarter, and the last time I rolled before that it was first quarter. I am not opposed to aiming for a full moon and new moon, but I doubt there will be significant changes.

@AutoTripper unfortunately my last Meh experience was at a full moon party with a bunch of other "conscious people" (I dislike conscious communities) and even a huge cacao ceremony at the beginning. I was feeling amazing on a quarter tab of acid and cacao, the Meh hit, and boom, the classic don't feel good, want to isolate myself, not move, not even smoke cigarettes (another key indicator for me, I smoke like a madman on good MDMA), etc. came on and I moved from an 8.5/10 to 4/10 in subjective wellbeing.

I think you misunderstood. There are a total of four entries. It says "sleepiness" twice, AND it says "how soon to sleep" twice. I agree they are completely different and both need to be there, but they are both repeated.

I did misunderstand, thank you.

I came across a 2007 post by the OP (Le Junk) where he describes acetone wash on some yellow Louis Vuitton pills and says "I am doing this shit right now and it is nothing like last night. And this is back to back nights as well! been doing E since it was legal and I will tell you, this is as good as it gets folks!"

Based on the description and date, the pill may have been this one:
https://www.ecstasydata.org/view.php?id=1638

So magic is not purity? Seem unlikely that someone had 99% pure MDMA material and then pressed it into that LV pill cut with meth. Or else, magic was indeed decent mdma plus an active cut.

So far, the responses I have seen to batches of MDMA have been consistent from person to person.

Just now on this thread, WisonWilson loves qdance presses but they don't work for Rainey. Looks like both Rainey and WW are in the UK. Both WW and Rainey tried many different qdance presses.

Last edited:
Ok so editing forms on Wikimedia is a BITCH. Running into lots of issues. Ideally we don't change it much moving forward. Or, I find a better way. We could possibly do an external survey?

Please read this first, before posting to the thread “What is Wrong with the MDMA Available Today?”

fwiw Shulgins don't mention many of the effects on the current list. Let's check Erowid for the effects that are definite, primary and consistent across users?

the following is from the 1984 paper that Indigo posted a while back:

Loss of appetite
Reduced desire to do mental work
Reduced ability to do mental work
Relaxation of OCD
Endactic feeling (see erowid)
sex (or completion) on E is impossible for many men

Or the testing methodology at these labs could do with some improvement. See this thread for details.

Their methodology is great for how little we pay.

In their defense, we pay $50 maybe $100 to access GC/MS or other equally expensive analytical equipment. For that price, they id MDMA and nearly all other known drugs. This is very very good for a consumer facing lab.

For (guess) 25 thousand USD, a lab could do a detailed analysis of the impurities and synthesis byproducts in your sample. Break down that 20% into 5% of A, 4% of B, down to 0.1% of Z. But no one could do that for fifty bucks.

Their methodology is great for how little we pay.

In their defense, we pay $50 maybe $100 to access GC/MS or other equally expensive analytical equipment. For that price, they id MDMA and nearly all other known drugs. This is very very good for a consumer facing lab.

For (guess) 25 thousand USD, a lab could do a detailed analysis of the impurities and synthesis byproducts in your sample. Break down that 20% into 5% of A, 4% of B, down to 0.1% of Z. But no one could do that for fifty bucks.

Ok, so you're accepting they don't give the kind of detail that you can draw conclusions from, cool.

sex (or completion) on E is impossible for many men
What kind of sex do you have in mind? There is more than one, you know...

Eeeeeee, for $25k you can buy your own used analyzer.
The expendables such as solvents for separation by HPLC won't run you over $100 for one sample. They would not exceed that even if you separated the components through the less then modern column chromatography

Last edited:
Here is the table I was referring to. From this table one can draw the conclusion that xtc sold today is more pure (meaning MDMA and nothing else) than it's ever been (yes, more pure than 1999-2001, based on the last line in the table)

Er no you can't. While this table is interesting, the top line means that either a sample contained only MDMA (unlikely given the results for the papers published on this thread) or that the non-MDMA constituents were too small for their method to detect, or the type(s) wasn't something their method can detect. Kinda the whole point of this thread really.

Eeeeeee, for $25k you can buy your own used analyzer.
The expendables such as solvents for separation by HPLC won't run you over $100 for one sample. They would not exceed that even if you separated the components through the less then modern column chromatography

I should have said "for the industry standard price" instead of guessing at a number. But since you already replied :)...

Edata says: The Mass Spectrometer used by our primary lab is [this one, I looked it up]:

After you buy your own analyzer.
Delivery installation and tech support, esp if you buy it used. It's not a toaster...
Cost of labor. Analyst skilled in using that equipment makes $X / hr.
Number of hours to break down 20% into components.
Software and/or spectral data for the various impurities for comparison.
Note that this is not a routine project
Number of hours to prepare the report
Lab overhead.
Profit margin.
And so on.

Er no you can't. While this table is interesting, the top line means that either a sample contained only MDMA (unlikely given the results for the papers published on this thread) or that the non-MDMA constituents were too small for their method to detect, or the type(s) wasn't something their method can detect. Kinda the whole point of this thread really.

Not sure exactly which papers you're referring to, but here is their commentary to that table. I can also link US NIH (institutes of health) study reporting statistics on Energy Control data. For the last few years they measure 88% average purity of MDMA material with a standard deviation of 1.4%. [ This is my last post for today. ]

Notes about above table

The following the list of substances associated with each 'grouping' (row)

• MDMA Only : MDMA
  • MDMA + Something : Results containing MDMA and at least one other non-inert substance
  • No MDMA : Results containing no MDMA
  • No Chemicals Detected : None Detected
  • Ecstasy-like Chemicals : MDA, MDE, 4-FA, Methylone, 4-Methylmethcathinone
  • Psychedelics : 2C-B, 5-MeO-DiPT, DOB, LSD, PMA, 5-MeO-DALT, 5-MeO-DPT, Bromo-dragonfly, 2C-I, AL-LAD, 25B-NBOMe, 25C-NBOMe, 25I-NBOMe, 1P-LSD, Iso-LSD
  • Cannabinoids : AB-PINACA, JWH-018, JWH-073, JWH-081, JWH-210, JWH-250, JWH-359, AB-CHMINACA, AB-FUBINACA, THC, Thermoliz UR-144F, UR-144, 5-fluoro-AMB, 5-fluoro-ADB , ADB-CHMINACA, ADB-FUBINACA, AMB-FUBINACA, NM-2201, U-47700, XLR-11
  • Dissociatives : DXM, Ketamine, PCP
  • Stimulants : Amphetamine, BZP, Caffeine, Cocaine, Methamphetamine, Pseudo/Ephedrine, TFMPP, MDPV, Dimethylcathinone, MDAI, Ethylamphetamine, Dibenzylpiperazine, mCPP, Modafinil, Phentermine
  • Depressants/Tranquilizers : Amitriptyline, Butabarbital, Carisoprodol, Codeine, Diazepam, Diphenhydramine, Oxycodone, Lorazepam, Dihydrocodeine, Fentanyl, Phenobarbital
  • Opioids : 4-ANPP, 4-Fluorobutyrfentanyl, 4-Fluoroisobutyrylfentanyl, Acetylfentanyl, Benzyl fentanyl, Butanoyl-4-fluorofentanyl, Butyrfentanyl, Cyclopentyl Fentanyl, Cyclopropyl Fentanyl, Fentanyl, Furanylfentanyl, Phenylfentanyl, Carfentanil, Buprenorphine, Codeine, Dihydrocodeine, Heroin, Hydrocodone, Hydromorphone, Methadone, Morphine, O-Desmethyltramadol, Opium, Oxycodone, Tramadol, U-47700, U-51754, Crotonylfentanyl, Methoxyacetylfentanyl
  • Non-Psychoactive Substances : Acetaminophen, Aspirin, Chlorpheniramine, Guaifenesin, Methyl Salicylate, Methandrostenolone, Phenylpropanolamine, Niacinamide, Ibuprofen, Procaine
  • Unidentified Substance : Unidentified
  • Not Sold as Ecstasy :

Status
Not open for further replies.