• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My second roll was at a festival (I had barely any idea about drugs and me and my friend just had a gram of MDMA given to us by a friend, he had taken it for 3 days in a row and wanted rid of it after a strong LSD trip).

It was a classic mehDMA roll, and I had never even heard of the concept, I was at a killer DJ set but my body and limbs felt so heavy, didn't want to talk to anyone, we didn't understand why it was like this and kept taking more, just dancing deep in thought for the whole night. It was also his second roll. Very different from a magical first half a year before.

Just some context, I've had magic and shit rolls intermittent of each other and it's easy to tell the difference, even when just observing, but I've never had my own good MDMA stash.

@Buzz Lightbeer

"Just some context, I've had magic and shit rolls intermittent of each other and it's easy to tell the difference, even when just observing, but I've never had my own good MDMA stash."

Yes, I agree that it is easy to tell the difference. A phrase that I keep using is "completely different effects profiles." It is not the same at all.

Just dropped 150mg of the batch I did a reagent test comparison on a few pages back, with a 100mg booster on deck for later.

I’ll report back tomorrow.

Report back tonight, @opposable-thumbs! ;)

Although, I can't say I am the best at evaluating anything mid-roll.

If this is the same product I used, I am glad you are testing the same dose. Starting at 150 was my dosage as well, since the lab test showed it was only 80% MDMA.

I assume it has to do with the isomers when it's being synthesized. I think that if the isomers are not properly created with the original synthesis, then it changes all of its effects.

As for the 2CB...in my experience, taking 2CB after Meh product is horrible. Very negative. Headaches, overwhelming, unpleasant. I always heard how great it was, but that combo is BAD.
When I was reading through this entire thread, I remember some guy writing that Meh MDMA taken with some drug X, produced completely different effects than the same drug taken with the magic MDMA. The difference was so stark that it enabled for easy differentiation.
I do not remember whether X = 2CB.

Just dropped 150mg of the batch I did a reagent test comparison on a few pages back, with a 100mg booster on deck for later.

I’ll report back tomorrow.

C'mon man, how was it?

What did it look like? Although appearance isn't supposed to be an indicator of quality, I do find it a decent guide.

I assume it has to do with the isomers when it's being synthesized.
What kind of isomers? There are many types...
What chemical process can generate them? What kind of testing can miss them ?

Did you read the posts in this thread about this issue ?

I’d say it was halfway between magic and meh. Definitely better than anything else I’ve had in the past few years, but not amazing like truly magic stuff is.

Some pupil dilation
Mild nystagmus
Some enhanced empathy and openness
Some jaw grinding
More stimulating than couch-locking
Sex was good but not wow good like magic
No enhanced touch
Music sounded the same

So most of the effects were there, just very muted, like being on the very tail end of the come up, just before peaking but never quite getting there.

My wife said she enjoyed that batch and would do it again in 3-4 months, I’m on the fence.

Edit to add that on magic MDMA my wife chews the living shit out of the inside of her mouth, no matter how much gum or anything else she uses to try to stop it, but doesn’t on meh.

She didn’t chew her mouth last night.

Last edited:
When I was reading through this entire thread, I remember some guy writing that Meh MDMA taken with some drug X, produced completely different effects than the same drug taken with the magic MDMA. The difference was so stark that it enabled for easy differentiation.
I do not remember whether X = 2CB.

Well, it's 100% doable to differentiate between Meh and Magic if you dose while already on a psychedelic. Meh absolutely ruins trips for me and turns them from magic, subtly attuned, soul affirming experiences to bland, boring, and irritable ones.

I had another go on mine last night. Upped the dose to 250mg and was just fuckin bored. Any of the desirable effects experienced on the previous night were totally gone. I dont think I even made it to the 2 hour mark before crashing out. Total meh!

What kind of isomers? There are many types...
What chemical process can generate them? What kind of testing can miss them ?

Did you read the posts in this thread about this issue ?
I don't think their is a test to determine the S and R isomers.
If safrole is used I read, is hard to obtain. This is what I have read.

I’d say it was halfway between magic and meh. Definitely better than anything else I’ve had in the past few years, but not amazing like truly magic stuff is.

Some pupil dilation
Mild nystagmus
Some enhanced empathy and openness
Some jaw grinding
More stimulating than couch-locking
Sex was good but not wow good like magic
No enhanced touch
Music sounded the same

So most of the effects were there, just very muted, like being on the very tail end of the come up, just before peaking but never quite getting there.

My wife said she enjoyed that batch and would do it again in 3-4 months, I’m on the fence.

Edit to add that on magic MDMA my wife chews the living shit out of the inside of her mouth, no matter how much gum or anything else she uses to try to stop it, but doesn’t on meh.

She didn’t chew her mouth last night.

Well, this was almost exactly my experience. So, honestly, glad to know it was not just me. There is hope for me yet!

"More stimulating than couch-locking" This one was 50/50 for me. I found it a bit more pro-social and stimulating on NYE (possibly due to the setting), and found it very couch locking the last time I tried it.

I think I even used the phrase halfway between magic and meh when I posted about it after NYE. I was less pleased the second time I tried it, and felt like it was most likely just a highly clean meh product. I agree that there is a minimal amount of openness, but the enhanced touch and musical appreciation are just not there at all. Sex was good, yes, but when is sex not good? I didn't feel like it made it that much better than normal. There was no significant loss of inhibition like there usually is with MDMA.

I wonder if the product is inconsistent. I may try cleaning it further or re-crystallizing it myself at some point.

Please post and let me know if you or your wife experience nausea/indigestion starting tomorrow.

@F.U.B.A.R. It looks like white table salt. Very teeny-tiny white crystals.

I don't think there is a test to determine the S and R isomers.
Have you ever heard of a polarimeter ?

Did you read the posts in this thread about this issue ? There was a guy that tested the stereoisomer ratios with a second method, too, so more than one test for this ratio exists.

If safrole is used I read, is hard to obtain. This is what I have read.
Yes, it is harder to obtain, but other precursors can take its place.
How are the other precursors responsible for Meh MDMA when they go through the same PMK step as the synth from Safrole?

Last edited:
Sorry I know this isn't exactly about solving our problem but I'm curious if anyone else has had the same dilemma I'm having now.

I have quite a few friends who have decided they want to try MDMA for the first time. They are interested in the healing properties of it. I recently acquired 1 g of some crystal. Yet to run any tests on it but I'll probably just be doing some reagent tests as I'm too broke to use Energy Control or Drugs Data.

My concern is that if I give my friends this drug it and it's some shit mehDMA they will have the therapeutic experience ruined. I'm not trying to be their psychologist but I do love and care for these people and I don't want to let them down. Is the best option just to try it myself and wait the 2-3 months until I can do it again with them?

Sorry I know this isn't exactly about solving our problem but I'm curious if anyone else has had the same dilemma I'm having now.

I have quite a few friends who have decided they want to try MDMA for the first time. They are interested in the healing properties of it. I recently acquired 1 g of some crystal. Yet to run any tests on it but I'll probably just be doing some reagent tests as I'm too broke to use Energy Control or Drugs Data.

My concern is that if I give my friends this drug it and it's some shit mehDMA they will have the therapeutic experience ruined. I'm not trying to be their psychologist but I do love and care for these people and I don't want to let them down. Is the best option just to try it myself and wait the 2-3 months until I can do it again with them?

I also have a relative who I would like to introduce, but I have not been willing to do it because I have not ever found decent product. I would not give anyone anything without you trying it first. If it is Meh, their whole impression of MDMA will be ruined. Some years back I introduced someone to MehDMA and they were completely unimpressed. They had no previous experience to compare it to, and were just totally disinterested in it. At that time in my journey, I assumed I had just lost the magic and that she would have a great time since she was new to the product, but that was not the case at all.

My concern is that if I give my friends this drug it and it's some shit mehDMA they will have the therapeutic experience ruined.
Yes

I'm not trying to be their psychologist but I do love and care for these people and I don't want to let them down. Is the best option just to try it myself and wait the 2-3 months until I can do it again with them?
Yes, or test it on some people that you do not care about (with informed consent, of course).

Yet to run any tests on it but I'll probably just be doing some reagent tests as I'm too broke to use Energy Control or Drugs Data.
The entire point of this thread is that you cannot be sure that you don't have the Meh MDMA even if you send it to Energy Control or Drugs Data.
We suspect, that they do not perform the full GCMS analysis diligently and we are certain they do not test the MDMA with a polarimeter nor do they determine the salt type ( they just assume the Hydrochloride ).

Also, reportedly it is possible to convert Meh MDMA to Magic MDMA by doing this:

more...
https://youtu.be/nDsNmeUrWQ0
https://youtu.be/R491QOnkmCs
https://youtu.be/yig3QCfBTzc
https://youtu.be/ukOFivS7xhA

...but because clean MDMA salt is not colored, you will need UV light to see it.

For the purposes of resolving this mystery, the leftovers remaining after running the column are more valuable than the clean magic MDMA.
Most likely these leftovers can be tested and shipped legally because they do not contain a controlled substance.

Last edited:
Yes

Yes, or test it on some people that you do not care about.

The entire point of this thread is that you cannot be sure that you don't have the Meh MDMA even if you send it to Energy Control or Drugs Data.

Reportedly it is possible to clean Meh MDMA by doing this:

https://youtu.be/nDsNmeUrWQ0
https://youtu.be/R491QOnkmCs
https://youtu.be/yig3QCfBTzc
https://youtu.be/ukOFivS7xhA

...but because MDMA is not colored you will need UV light to see it.

Yes I am aware of the point of the thread, I just wanted to see if others had thoughts on my dilemma thats all

I also have a relative who I would like to introduce, but I have not been willing to do it because I have not ever found decent product. I would not give anyone anything without you trying it first. If it is Meh, their whole impression of MDMA will be ruined. Some years back I introduced someone to MehDMA and they were completely unimpressed. They had no previous experience to compare it to, and were just totally disinterested in it. At that time in my journey, I assumed I had just lost the magic and that she would have a great time since she was new to the product, but that was not the case at all.
Ok good to know I'm not alone in that thinking. Most of the talk in here is about personal use which obviously doesn't have the same ramifications. Just was looking for others thoughts, I appreciate it

Also, reportedly it is possible to convert Meh MDMA to Magic MDMA by doing this:

I have to correct this. It MIGHT be possible to convert Meh to Magic through column chromatography.

We have not had anyone successfully do this. Vash claimed to have cleaned up test results by doing this, but he never consumed or saw someone else consume the cleaned product to comment on whether the effects changed because the product was "misplaced."

Until someone runs column chromatography on a meh sample, then tries the cleaned meh and finds the results to be magic, we cannot claim that it would definitively work.

This would only work if meh product is caused by a contaminant. If something other than a contaminant is causing the problems, then a column would probably not correct it.

Status
Not open for further replies.