• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Negi I have not heard about 2CB being neuro-protective. I have heard that 2CB (by itself) is not neurotoxic, but that is a different issue. I would be careful with 2CI and 2CE + MDMA. Haven't there been a few deaths with 2CE?

@Negi I have not heard about 2CB being neuro-protective. I have heard that 2CB (by itself) is not neurotoxic, but that is a different issue. I would be careful with 2CI and 2CE + MDMA. Haven't there been a few deaths with 2CE?

Agreed.

No zaps with meh
Agree that taking 2cb in 3rd or 4th hour of mdma gives a very gentle come down from the mdma.

I became diabetic recently and was interested to read that metformin, the popular drug for diabetis regulation, apparently repairs the neurotoxicity caused by mdma, although not exactly sure how to prove this to myself lol

Agree that taking 2cb in 3rd or 4th hour of mdma gives a very gentle come down from the mdma.

I can only emphasize again that this is not what happens with the mehDMA + 2CB combo. The comedown is so much worse. It feels dangerous to me. I have had very few drug experiences that made me feel afraid for my safety, and this is one of them. Whatever is going on with my Meh-DMA, it does not mix with 2CB when you take the Meh-DMA first.

The first time I tried 2cb was on the tail end of some MehDMA. I'd had about 200mg of the meh and fell asleep after a couple of hours. Woke up and thought I'd try the 2cb to perk me up a bit. Did around 12 - 15mg then fell back to sleep. Woke up an hour later and couldn't see because everything was pixelated. Went back to sleep.

Meh...

I know a lot of people who used to roll in the 90’s, and say the MDMA today is the best they’ve ever had. The difference is they haven’t heavily used or abused MDMA, just taking 100-200mg once or twice a year, and took a several year break in the mid-2000’s when it was all shit.

If you feel like the incredibly potent and pure MDMA these days has something missing, it’s likely the serotonin receptors for them to bind to.

I know plenty of people that roll hard for 4-6 hours, full back massages, eye wiggles, gum chewing, and telling everyone they love them experience as it’s ever been.

If MDMA is shit for you now, just switch to other drugs.

I know a lot of people who used to roll in the 90’s, and say the MDMA today is the best they’ve ever had. The difference is they haven’t heavily used or abused MDMA, just taking 100-200mg once or twice a year, and took a several year break in the mid-2000’s when it was all shit.

If you feel like the incredibly potent and pure MDMA these days has something missing, it’s likely the serotonin receptors for them to bind to.

I know plenty of people that roll hard for 4-6 hours, full back massages, eye wiggles, gum chewing, and telling everyone they love them experience as it’s ever been.

If you don’t mind me asking, where you located? Roughly.

-GC

So how do you explain the fact that all us jaded fuck ups occasionally come across stuff that makes us wet our panties?

I've used MDMA less than 20 times, and only once at a dosage higher than 150mg.

6-APB gives me most the magic I'm missing with MehDMA.

Northeast US, but i’m still talking about the same MDMA that everyone else is taking though. From the past few years, Red Supremes, Orange Teslas, Pink Oreos, every major and popular batch of MDMA crystals, etc. Haven’t come across anything shitty since like 2015’ish.

As far as psy997, how many times have you used other empathogens though?

Yea and then folks like me who get magic product but the few times I’ve gotten imports they’ve been shit. If magic loss happens so easy I’d be fried by now but I still get all of the good effects like I did when I was young.

I truly believe it’s regional based on the synthesis methods used by the chemists in that region. And then of course some people just have better sources no matter where they live.

I came across an interesting post in the stimulants for of the Hive Archive. It was from a guy asking essentially this same question but in regards to meth.

The guy claimed he had synthesized meth 4 completely different ways, each time resulting in a very different product from the next. I could try and hunt it down again, but one thing he I remember was he said the product could range from lasting 7-30 hrs based on synth with different qualities for each as well.

This is why I also like having different batches of MD around, and why old ravers who exchange pills. Even though it’s all MDMA, there’s variation and life is fun with variation..

-GC

The guy claimed he had synthesized meth 4 completely different ways, each time resulting in a very different product from the next.

OK, but how much of said product was this individual sampling? And at the risk of sounding like a broken fucking record, "whaddabout-the-Gee-Cee-Em-Ess?" A chemist's senses are no better than his analytical tools - it's my belief that unless you've done some sort of chromatography (TLC, or better GC), you're operating on sheer guesswork as to "what's in the bag" when it comes to impurity profiling.

The law of constant proportions in chemistry (Proust) and its elaboration into the theory of isomerism by Wohler and Berzelius in the early 1800s are my sword and shield in this agument. To wit: Molecules with identical composition and identical connectivity to each other will behave identically. As a corollary, for any two substances to be different in physical properties, they must differ in either composition, or connectivity, or both.

A disproof of either of these axioms would challenge the very groundwork of chemsitry as we know it. Aspirin molecules will take up arms against their bretheren and suddenly cause massive migranes. Carbon dioxide in the atmosphere will either shed its carbon as a foreboding dark snow, or decide to crystallize apropos of nothing. Enzymes critical to cellular functioning cease to manufacture cell components and instead produce root beer flavoring concentrate. DNA molecules pool together in an ultradense lump at the center of the planet. Simultaneously, all the uranium present in the crust will decide it's skipping the queue and will all decay at once, irradiating humanity to a crisp in one massive wave of gamma radiation.

Or, uh, not. Anyway, If I were American, I'd be from Missouri - the "show me" state!

Yea and then folks like me who get magic product but the few times I’ve gotten imports they’ve been shit. If magic loss happens so easy I’d be fried by now but I still get all of the good effects like I did when I was young.

I truly believe it’s regional based on the synthesis methods used by the chemists in that region. And then of course some people just have better sources no matter where they live.

I came across an interesting post in the stimulants for of the Hive Archive. It was from a guy asking essentially this same question but in regards to meth.

The guy claimed he had synthesized meth 4 completely different ways, each time resulting in a very different product from the next. I could try and hunt it down again, but one thing he I remember was he said the product could range from lasting 7-30 hrs based on synth with different qualities for each as well.

This is why I also like having different batches of MD around, and why old ravers who exchange pills. Even though it’s all MDMA, there’s variation and life is fun with variation..

-GC
All I know is i’ve never personally seen anyone say anything but good things about any Dutch MDMA in the past 5 years

As far as psy997, how many times have you used other empathogens though?

Empathogens as defined by serotonin release or similar MOAs? No cathinones, 6-apb 5-7 times, AMT twice, Methylone 2-3 times. I think that's it.

I realize now, one route to explore re: possible explanations of the issues being individual could be stimulant use such as amphetamines. I've used low doses of adderall and vyvanse as prescribed for ADD over the course of 10+ years. Sometimes regularly for a few years, sometimes taking breaks for years in that period. I'd be surprised if this was a factor considering I can still feel magic with certain batches and other empathogens, and I've never used much amphetamine compared to recreational users. And there's lots of overlap between recreational amphetamine and MDMA users.

@F.U.B.A.R. Update us man!!!! Sending those PLUR vibes!

"If you feel like the incredibly potent and pure MDMA these days has something missing, it’s likely the serotonin receptors for them to bind to."

If you read the FAQ linked on the first post, you would know that these effects are being noted by virgin and new MDMA users, not just washed up has beens like me. If it was just the old timers who were commenting on this, then it would seem likely that it is a personal body/brain issue. However, that is not the case.

Idea for a crossover study, to check expectation effects: given a stock of "known good" MDMA, and a stock of "known meh" MDMA, construct a double blind trial where each participant is randomly selected to be given either meh or magic, but is also randomly told that they are taking either "meh" or "magic". Presumably the effects would correlate with either the stated quality, or the actual quality. Would be very interesting to see if this is all expectation effects. If it turns out that all you need to do is be told that your supply is "meh", maybe the "MehDMA" curse is just a big ol' meme, started when someone has a shitty roll from bad set/setting, and propagating via word of mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.