• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What Do You Sound Like EADD?

Am going t' speak wi raight south yorkshyre acsent jus fa you then alan wan;)

I like brum I think they sound funny! so does newcasle....and Rab C. Nesbit is a bit hard to understand....I mean kate and crackheid...
But kate is a red hot babe and crackmaster aint!

Ol cherry probley sounds like sheryl coal!

I'm afraid I don't mate :) I've been living away from Newcastle for years now. My accent , it's faded. My friends here in Bristol told me they could hear Manc (I've just lived there for two years) some slight Geordie but mostly a non accent.

My sister told me when she came to visit on Monday that i've lost it. Maybe she meant in more ways than one ;)

There was a thread made aaaages ago of recording of BL'ers reading a passage and posting it. We should all do it!

I'd do 2, one with my midlandish accent and one wi t' full strength south yorkshyre.....if I can work out how t' do it.....I work in hilsburra so A jus need t' go in t' pub an lissen a while.

I will do my weird North London-Surreyish-with-a-northern-gay-twang accent if people are willing to hear it :D

The only thread I can find is called 'What do Bluelighters sound like' but it contains no recordings. I'm sure I didn't make that up. Ah well.

PS Wednesday take it up arse treecul! Aren't you from Rochdale? No idea wot tha accent is like but United piss all ower Fucking wensdae!
When I was into footy, I used to support them, because my sister took me. They had some cracking players. Rochdale are doing really well, I believe. United can fuck off. Most of the fans don't even live anywhere near Manchester, so that's your argument fucked!

The Rochdale accent is like a toned-down Manc accent. I sound pretty 'normal', to be fair.

^ Your Rochdale accent isn't too bad. You do sound like a girl though =D

Some of them though, urgh! It's like the letter H doesn't exist.

I demand an Apology right this second.

Lynch him!!

What or you'll nick one from me

fishface said:

Which is rapidly corrected by a cultured gentleman such as yourself (but do you lapse into Del Trotter accent when pissed? The more alcohol I imbibe, the more I sound like Jimmy Nail/Oz - which is one of the many reasons for stopping drinking)

I can safely say that a full strength South Yorkshire accent/dialect is absolutely hilarious.

Instant memories of Monty Python 'Four Yorkshiremen' sketch

hah it's nothing to be ashamed of, i love the accent/dialect, it's a lot nicer than most UK accents IMO, imagine being a brummy for example

Not ashamed, just aware that's the image it has associated with it (imagine image associated with Sommerset accent - instant mental picture of a Wurzel!). Would be nice if less people outside the NE didn't look at me like I was speaking an undecipherable foreign language like Basque though (more prevalent when speeding off my crust or in old days of getting pissed)

What Do You Sound Like - v2: EADD

Great idea from Cherry %) so let's go for it - that and I've moved 40 bloody de-railing posts here, so you better use it or else! =D

I sound Scottish, apparently like Daniela Nardini :|

I think there was a sound recordings of our voices thread in here. Maybe it was the lounge?

Cherry sounds like she lives in a stamped address envelope - big mongrel accent ;)