• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What are you currently reading? v2

The book that Kate recommended to me arrived - Looking for the Lost : Journeys Through a Vanishing Japan arrived.

I was going to start reading it tonight but my mate came around and lent me this.

how-to-archer-1.jpg

How to Archer: The Ultimate Guide to Espionage and Style and Women and Also Cocktails Ever Written

Lying is like 95% of what I do. But believe me: in this book, I’ll let you know exactly how to become a master spy just like me. Obviously, you won’t be as good at it as I am, but that’s because you’re you, and I’m Sterling Archer.

I know, I know, it sucks not being me.

But don’t beat yourself up about it, because I’m going to show you all the good stuff—what to wear; what to drink; how to seduce women (and, when necessary, men); how to beat up men (and, when necessary, women); how to tell the difference between call girls and hookers (hint: when they’re dead, they’re just hookers) and everything about weapons, secret devices, lying ex-girlfriends, and turtlenecks. In a word? How to Archer.

It's been a funny read so far. You, too, can find out how to make 'Eggs Woodhouse'.

Thought you might like this one, felix.

Last edited:
Expressive and Creative art Methods for Trauma survivors.
and some old Bret Easton Ellis books, Bukowski.
Mid through Delusion of Being Human, Taking with the Left Hand

It's been a funny read so far. You, too, can find out how to make 'Eggs Woodhouse'.

Thought you might like this one, felix.

O I C !

Yeah I'd like a read of that too.

Eggs Woodhouse gets a mention in the new episode when he's out in the jungle (again).

I'm re-reading a book that I bought in 2005.

The Power of Intention by Dr Wayne Dyer

Reason: To help me reconnect with spirit n rid myself of EGO.

Evey

I'm currently reading George Orwell 1984 & have just started reading 'Naked Lunch' by William S. Burroughs and it has been very good so far. I had forgotten how much i enjoyed reading 1984 as i've not read it again since i was a teenager

I'm currently reading George Orwell 1984 & have just started reading 'Naked Lunch' by William S. Burroughs and it has been very good so far. I had forgotten how much i enjoyed reading 1984 as i've not read it again since i was a teenager

2 of my favourite books. Down & Out in London and Paris is also worth of a read Max.

Naked Lunch is my number 1 film %) (Do NOT watch and take acid...hehe) Every time I watch it I see more and more, its an never-ending conundrum of interpretation. Fantastic book too, but the film so warps my mind. Watch it x

Glad your enjoying your kindle, they're a joy to read :)

2 of my favourite books. Down & Out in London and Paris is also worth of a read Max.

Naked Lunch is my number 1 film %) (Do NOT watch and take acid...hehe) Every time I watch it I see more and more, its an never-ending conundrum of interpretation. Fantastic book too, but the film so warps my mind. Watch it x

Glad your enjoying your kindle, they're a joy to read :)

I will have to check out Down & Out in London and Paris, thanks for the suggestion Kate. Yes i'm absolutely loving using my kindle, it's perfect for passing the hours away. I've asked my mum to buy me a nice cover for it for my birthday so the screen is protected when i take it out of the house with me. I love how you can check out the meanings of words on it using the dictionaries & Wikipedia, great little gadget.

Interesting. Would like to hear your feedback on George Orwell's 1984, when you've finished if you don't mind. I've heard a few things and may get round to reading that myself one day.

Evey

Only Forward ~ Michael Marshall Smith

adult image

Not far into it but really enjoying it.. Tis strange for sure, quite clear it's going to get even stranger.. Nice bit of humour running through it also...

I'll return and edit this post when I finish it...

Interesting. Would like to hear your feedback on George Orwell's 1984, when you've finished if you don't mind. I've heard a few things and may get round to reading that myself one day.

Evey

I really loved the book but had just finished reading 'Brave New World' when I started. I found the book was quite slow to begin with, but I realised this was actually very well done as it really goes well with the dingy dystopia that is being painted. Once the book started to 'kick off' I couldn't put it down until finished.

I then went and watched the film with John Hurt, which I thought was really good but I'd definitely recommend reading the book first. Otherwise, your imagination might be sapped and replaced by images from the film.

just started the sense of being stared at by Rupert Sheldrake I don't think so much of it as a telepathic thing but micro flickers in faces or whatever that can make us pick up a clue. but still it's good to find other peoples opinion on things

I have one book with Sheldrake contributing but it's more of a three-way discussion between Sheldrake, Ralph Abraham, and Terrence McKenna (Chaos, Creativity and Cosmic Consciousness). He touches on the sense of being stared at in the book. I didn't finish it because it was a real struggle and a lot of it went over my head. It was quite amusing though because anytime Sheldrake ir Abraham spoke, it seemed quite scientific. Whenever it came to McKenna..

^
Those sound interesting and something I'd like.

I'd started the The Establishment by Owen Jones, but its huge and hardback and my eyes and wrists are struggling with it. It's pretty anger-making. I'd like to read some of his other stuff too like Chavs. Just have to wait till I can get another bloody Kindle on the go :\

However, I'd recommend his books.

Where's this thread been? I couldn't find it on the Index, been looking for it.

Evey

jack london - the call of the wild
will be reading the secret footballer next, after i finish this at bed time tonight

Where's this thread been? I couldn't find it on the Index, been looking for it.

Evey

I pulled it back from the obscurity of page 3.. If its not on the index i'll add it..

Edit - it's under culture right where Chat left it :)