• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What are you currently reading? v2

It's a thinly veiled documentary really about the unit in NI that did the wlison smears (and it works as drama too (though it leans a bit to the republican side)) - some names are changed in an obvious ways (eg Aiery Neave becomes Alec Nevin - thatch stays thatch though).

The Guest Cat by Takashi Hiraide.

Translated into English, its not for everyone. Bit of an intimate story about Japanese society, relationships and what is meaningful.

That sounds like I would enjoy that. A few years back I bought 'Confessions of a Yakuza'. It's based on transcripts of recordings by a Japanese doctor of one of his elderly patients. It's a beautifully simple book and the imagery and scenes being painted are wonderful. It also is an intimate story about certain aspects of Japanese society, around the turn of the 20th century. It's so good that I've read it four times, and I rarely re-read books.

The only reason I bought it, in the first place, was because I read that Bob Dylan had plagiarised lyrics from it and I wanted to see if I could spot them.

^
That sounds right up my street Don, I will check it out on Kindle. I'm very fond of Japanese books and all things Japan! Thanks x

Hokkaido Highway Blues by Will Ferguson can be a bit crass at times but it offers that evocative quality of the country and people.

Looking for the Lost: Journeys Through a Vanishing Japan (Kodansha globe series) by Alan Booth is better. You really immerse yourself in his travels and the place as it really is.

Nice one, just ordered the second one. I need something else to facilitate procrastinating with Ulysses.

Japan's so intoxicating. It sounds corny but even the ground itself seems all mystical to me. I need to just go out there and burst my bubble.

Have you ever been?

Any Irvine Welsh readers here ? Im awaiting his newest offering a novella entitled Sex lives of Siamese twins, from amazon. Have read all his previous work perhaps my favourite writer.

Currently on Doomed by Chuck palahniuk

I am going to start reading 'Napalm and silly putty' by George Carlin. Will be reading it on my new Kindle so looking forward to getting to use it fully. A big thankyou to Felix & Kate for providing me with loads of new stuff to read

Nice one, just ordered the second one. I need something else to facilitate procrastinating with Ulysses.

Japan's so intoxicating. It sounds corny but even the ground itself seems all mystical to me. I need to just go out there and burst my bubble.

Have you ever been?

Yeh I took my youngest when he was 18 - nearly 7 years ago. It blew our minds. If you can save up and go.

I took him to the Tokyo Games show for his birthday, then we had 3 weeks travelling around.

Boring hol pics coming up :\
NSFW:
DSCI0472.jpg

DSCI0409.jpg

DSCI0343.jpg

DSCI0214.jpg

DSCI0605.jpg

DSCI0189.jpg

DSCI0166.jpg

DSCI0228.jpg

I've been reading Haruki Murakami's novels. Usually set in Japan (usually tokyo) during the 60's.
Good stuff.

I am going to start reading 'Napalm and silly putty' by George Carlin. Will be reading it on my new Kindle so looking forward to getting to use it fully. A big thankyou to Felix & Kate for providing me with loads of new stuff to read

Nice, george carlin was such a legend. Got a book of his here, 'Brain droppings'

4166YjB-HNL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

got this from my uni library today, it's from the mid-90s so it's a bit dated but still interesting. raises some decent questions about things like caller ID, debit card payments and the rapid introduction of cctv. as i'm in my early 20s i don't remember a world without these things, so it's making me consider points that i'd never thought of before.

carry-a-big-stick.jpg

Just finished Tim Ferguson, from the Doug Anthony Allstars autobiography. I saw them during their reunion tour last month and it was quite confronting seeing him confined to a wheelchair now.

Cripple jokes never get old though.

devils_garden.jpg

About to finish this. Pretty interesting, and I did learn some things even a plant nerd like me didn't know. That being said, it's a bit dated (78''), and has a little too much anti-drug scaemongering for my taste

Gonna start on this afterwards:

29254.jpg

Remember, Be Here Now by Ram Dass

currently on the kings buccaneer by raymond e feist. I just love shit with elves and dragons in it :)

Party Time - By Shaun Attwood (aka English Shaun),

Really good read. About an English raver who goes to the states and becomes a Stockbroker and starts to deal pills in his spare time. Eventually ditching his day job and becoming one of Arizona's biggest E dealers in direct competition with Sammy "The Bull" Gravano.

Anyway, long story short, his pill business takes off, he makes millions, takes loads of drugs, fucks loads of birds then (predictably) it all goes Pete Tong and he loses it all and gets banged up......A really good read though. One of those "can't put down" books. Highly recommended :)

I've read about that guy before Englandgz,fascinating story he has. If I remember rightly I also follow him on Twitter.
I've just downloaded George Orwell 1984 & Animal Farm. I did them both as a teenager but I think I will get a whole lot more from both books reading them as an adult.

I've read about that guy before Englandgz,fascinating story he has. If I remember rightly I also follow him on Twitter.
I've just downloaded George Orwell 1984 & Animal Farm. I did them both as a teenager but I think I will get a whole lot more from both books reading them as an adult.

Yeah Max he's a really interesting bloke. I've just found out that the book I mentioned is part of a Trilogy so I'm going to have to locate the other two. Like I mentioned he was a hardcore raver who went to the states to make his fortune as a stockbroker and initially just started buying a handful of pills to sell to his mates and before you know it he's buying 40,000 at a time.

The best characters in the book seem to be some of his mates though. Especially a guy called "Wild Man" who was his best mate from back home that he flex out to act as sort of a minder/debt collector

Definitely worth reading mate if you can pick up a second hand copy from Amazon or from the library.

Animal Farm you say??....never read the book but I hear the film is worth a watch (oink-oink...mooooo!!! hahahahaha!!!)