• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Upper vs. Downer People

it seems most people are all about the downers these days. they are ok, but i hate the feeling of being unproductive in some way...which is why i prefer uppers=D

uppers allow you to be fucked up AND productive at the same time. sitting in the corner knodding off on opiates isnt my definition of fun :\ but to each his own...

mAgiC8baLL said:
it seems most people are all about the downers these days. they are ok, but i hate the feeling of being unproductive in some way...which is why i prefer uppers=D

uppers allow you to be fucked up AND productive at the same time. sitting in the corner knodding off on opiates isnt my definition of fun :\ but to each his own...

Oh man, give me some h and then see the PRODUCTION=D=D=D.

newskin said:
Then I have another friend who is more reserved and quiet, very intelligent and thoughtful, but very unmotivated. He prefers amphetamines and psychadelics.

This sounds more than a bit familiar to me, all except the unmotivated part, that's been the easiest of my problems to fix.

I was a very introverted person until I started using meth and mdma, actually, I'm still an introverted person as far as my feelings and inner most thoughts are concerned, but I can now comunicate with people a little bit better and I feel quite a bit better about myself and my place in this world.

In other words, I prefer uppers, nothing feels more right to me than when I am on a strong stimulant.

The closet thing to uppers and downers that I do are LSD and THC =D

Cokeheads allways seem to be uptight assholes like tobacco addicts...people that do heroin and pills are allways depressed...ack. Just smoke weed people.%)

uppers.. i only do downers to force myself to sleep occasionally, so as not to go completely insane from being awake 24/7/365 :)

Downers. The only upper I enjoy now is ecstasy but I really dont feel that its an upper for me.. It totally chills me out.

I'm an upper man through and through. I love the way my heart rate shoots through the roof when I take a hit of crystal. Give me a bit of alcohol to smooth out the edges and I'm set. I like that edge of the seat hypervigilence that uppers provide. It can also be a lot of fun to have a small group of cool people, some beer, and a mound of coke.

Downers hold no interest for me. The only reason I take opiates is to go to sleep. I don't get any of the euphoria people describe with opiates, and I've tried high doses of oxycontin so it's not an amount or quality problem. I just feel slow and puffed up.

It all comes down to the fact that I can't stand slowing down. For the same reason I don't like yoga. If I could cut myself down to sleeping once a week I would. That said, I only use stimulants every once in a while. I won't even use caffeine to stay up to study for a test. Uppers are for my personal enjoyment only.

Uppers.

People on speed may be annoying but people on downers are boring. I used to like the idea of getting wrapped up in a warm opiate blanket and drifting off with some Massive Attack playing softly on the stereo, but that just feels too much like numbing myself into unthinking sedation to be very attractive to me anymore.
My drug of choice is ecstasy and I'm happiest when I'm off my tits and feeling the beats, because I'm /active/ and I'm thinking and I'm not sedated. For me uppers (ecstasy especially) is the exact opposite of how the media that blatantly distributes bogus claims about drugs wants me to feel. We (drug users) are alert, accepting and more in tune with ourselves and each other when on uppers and psychedelics.

Downers seem to me to be the realm of those who, on some level, can't handle life.

I prefer to do uppers first (mainly ice) and then after a day or two switch over to the downers, mainly Xanax.

Uppers, downers, all-arounders...can't we all just trip out and get along?

Seriously, though, uppers are the shiznit. Speed, Ritalin, Caffeine, you name it, I have been or will be on it at some point in my life.

But on the other high, Downers are chillaxin'! You snort some oxycontin, you're set for the night. You drink alcohol, you're good 'till dawn.

Uppers vs. Downers...i think it's really the question of Motivation to do shit vs. Something to keep you occupied

I don't see how you guys can like speedy stuff.

I've experimented with things such as adderal and cocaine lately. Just doing a little bit. I will not be doing these again. Do you guys get anxiety from these? I can't stand anxiety and thats what stimulants do to me.

Different people prefer different substances.
Different strokes for different folks, whatever floats your boat, etc. Understand? :D

I'm on the fence about stimulants vs. downers. This really has been talked about extensively but I'll add my thoughts here.

Stimulants are fun if you use them as a one-hit kind of deal (in that, you dont re-dose) because redosing with stimulants leads to absolute shittiness in every instance. Even blow isnt as fun the second time around after you come down.
In general, though, they can really brighten your day. Constraints are obviously come-downs and anxiety, both of which I hate bitterly and do my best to avoid.

Downers are totally chill. With them, all you've got to worry about is the disapointment of the come-up !
And nothing beats the invisible blanket.
N O T H I N G

I used not to, until about 2 weeks ago (well around then) I overdosed on meth. I got paranoid because there was a cop parked across the street and ended up snorting about half a gram. This was far far more than I had ever done before. I spent 10 hours with my pulse at about 170. I never found out what the cop was doing across the street (I think it might have been a probation officer actually).

Since then I've been thankful for every moment I've been down. Its like getting burned with fire. I used to enjoy it very much, but now just the idea disgusts me.

Different people prefer different substances.

I really like amphetamine, but am not fond of cocaine, so it's not even as specific as liking stimulants, but down to sub categories. Each to their own

I think the high is better on coke than some vic or oxy, but the down is so much worse that in the end the pills win. At least for me thats how it goes.

Re: I don't see how you guys can like speedy stuff.

radiohead said:
I've experimented with things such as adderal and cocaine lately. Just doing a little bit. I will not be doing these again. Do you guys get anxiety from these? I can't stand anxiety and thats what stimulants do to me.

Just becaues every car is an undercover cop, i am constantly followed, and everyone has a conspiracy against me.......!

Doesn't mean there is any anxiety!

ty xanax.